Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Grinch

 I'm still in awe of the little chapel.  It's so tiny.  It would be perfect for a small wedding.  I think it would have to be a quick wedding because there aren't any restrooms. 





 It's just such a lovely spot for focusing on the Advent season.  Every detail is elegant and there are no unnecessary items or junky decorating.  

We'll meet one more time before Christmas.  

Jenny's girls like The Grinch so I ordered her some Grinch jammies.  Funny, huh?


I'm making desserts for our small group tomorrow.  I think I'll make a colorful fruit tray, too.  Oh, and I'll take all the nuts I bought for bookclub.
I might make a pumpkin pie and a sponge (I'm so eager to try Lynn's instructions).  Do you put jam in between the layers?
We have three granddaughters coming for three days (their parents are going downtown to relax and celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary)  
We'll go up to Brad and April's and sing with them on Thursday and we MIGHT go caroling with my friend if it's not too cold (Wednesday night). 
So, Christmas is coming very soon!  I'd like a little snow.
Take care, good reader.  

Every Day in December Bloggers:


11 comments:

Julia said...

That little chapel is so lovely. It's just right for prayers with no distractions. Wow, those Grinch pajamas look like they are warm enough for cold winter's nights. You are such a fun grandma.
Happy Advent.
Hugs, Julia

elizabeth said...

oh lovely that you can have these Grands over while their parents celebrate 15 years of marriage! so nice!!! I hope all your plans work out for these days! God bless ps: thanks for your kind comment on my last blog post! XO!

Farm Girl said...

I love that little chapel. What a wonderful place. I can see why you go. I think it would be perfect for a small wedding. I love those Pjs.
It sounds like you have a nice week planned.

happyone said...

A lovely little chapel.
I don't think I could sleep in those pj's but they do look warm. : )
Your desserts sound yummy.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I love that chapel. It is perfect.

Between Me and You said...

That little church is lovely. Loving the Grinch jammies. I need to get a pair because I am slowly turning into the Grinch! Normally, I would put jam and cream in between the layers of a spongecake. Butter icing is nice too. xx

acorn hollow said...

wonderful little church. Lucky you all that grand child time. Very cute jamies
Cathy

Kit said...

Such a pretty chapel! Looks like the kind of church on the grounds of an estate. :) Kit

ellen b. said...

You have to plan your visit well since that chapel does not have a restroom. :) Sounds like a fun week ahead. Good for you for giving your anniversary kids the freedom to go and celebrate for a few days.

Debi said...

That little church is so pretty. I have never put jam between my cake layers but after watching The Great British Baking show hubby and I have decided that we are going to try it with the next cake.

Kim said...

I love little chapels with shining stain glass windows. Oh yes, jam most definitely between the sponge layers. =)

Followers