Monday, December 17, 2018

Barn Door

 Today Jenny's family came over so Scott could install our barn door.  Jenny brought this little project.  I forget what the plastic beads are called, but you arrange them on a frame and then iron them, so they melt.  I made a toadstool.
 After the bead work got old, Liz and I were looking on Pinterest and she said she wanted to make some slime.  We didn't have the ingredients so we walked to the grocery store for contact solution (a funny slime ingredient), school glue, cornstarch (she also wanted to make oobleck) and candy and chips (of course).
Aren't Sam's nails fancy?  The slime turned out great, but I'll pass on the oobleck.
 I love how the sliding barn door turned out.  Now we can shut off the family room if someone is sleeping down there.  


Tomorrow it's back to the chapel (last time) and then I have a little more shopping to do.  
Somehow I feel like we should be listening to Christmas tunes constantly because Christmas is so close!  
God bless you, sweet friends.
Thank you for stopping in.  I wish I could serve you a cup of Russian tea!
Every Day in December Bloggers:


14 comments:

Julia said...

You grandkids are interested in the same things my little grandsons are, slime and melting beads.
You're a super grandma. Hugs, Julia

Gumbo Lily said...

I LOVE your sliding barn door! It'll be so handy.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

love the door! I am not sure about making slime although a little somebody here would love to.

Jeanie said...

Looks like a very fun time!

GretchenJoanna said...

What a great idea, the barn door. I like the way it looks, too. And your tall very slender tree is so pretty! I'll pass on slime and the other stuff, which might be what my college roommate introduced as misto-pud.

Granny Marigold said...

Sam's nails are a very pretty colour.And I like your barn door.

Lynn said...

Sorry I haven't commented much but I am loving visiting each day and sharing your advent with you 😊

Beca said...

The barn door looks great! The slime sounds like a fun idea for the little ones.
xx Beca

Kim said...

Mmm.....I have never tasted Russian tea. Love the barn door!

ellen b. said...

Love that barn door. What a great idea! I also think the fact that you can walk to the store is cool. We love listening to Christmas music. This season our cd changer decided to die so our new one is being delivered today. If I was of the younger generation I'd just use my phone or computer or whatever they use to listen to music but I am not willing to get rid of my cd collection. Enjoy your time at the chapel!

happyone said...

The barn door is great. I almost got one for the pantry door here at my house.

Lisa Richards said...

Those barn doors are such a cool, space saving idea! So is your adorable, skinny tree! ;) Merry Christmas to all!

Henny Penny said...

You are the best grandma! I love that barn door. I've never seen one before. Not one for the house, anyway! :) Merry Christmas!

Elderberry-Rob said...

you are having so much fun with your grandchildren, I like playing with playdoh by the way. Your barn door is a great idea. Christmas music all the way - and films too!

Followers