Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Quiet Little Chapel



 This morning one of my friends and I met at the university chapel to begin Advent.  When we decided to do this (weeks ago) I suggested we meet at this tiny chapel, but I really couldn't remember where it was on campus and I was a little nervous about parking.  I shouldn't have worried.  Parking was easy (you can use your credit card in the meter) and walking across the grounds was a cinch.  It's cold today so I bundled up.  When I entered the chapel, I was greeted by toasty air (yay for a heat!) and it was empty.  I sat down and waited for my friend. 
I read from an Advent book about seeking first HIS kingdom and played a song called Be Still.  She read a sweet story about a little boy who played the innkeeper in a Christmas pageant. We cried a little.  We prayed.


 I left the little lamp behind. 



Gladys Taber said, "As long as you have a window, life is exciting."


I had a cup of coffee and some lite peppermint ice cream for lunch.
Now I'll enjoy a nap.

Every day bloggers (we have a new one - our son Brad!)


10 comments:

Farm Girl said...

What a pretty chapel. I am sure you felt refreshed and at peace. What a nice way to start the morning.
I hope you have a lovely nap this morning.

Granny Marigold said...

What a lovely way to celebrate Advent with your friend, and in such a sweet little chapel.

I had not heard that G.T. quote before but doesn't it just sound like something she would have said.

GretchenJoanna said...

That is wonderful!! Often I feel so scattered and have a hard time paying attention at home, but when I get to church I feel that at least I have my body "showing up" in His temple, and that part of me leads the rest of me along... and it's a great beginning of a focused time. Which you certainly had, glory to God!

Janet Cupo said...

So it's your son that has the blog with the great name. I love that name.

AMDG

Lisa Richards said...

Beautiful little chapel! I wish I could get my kids to blog daily! :) God bless your advent time. :)

happyone said...

What a lovely little chapel.
LOVE the red and white window topper.

Jeanie said...

What a lovely chapel. I need to clear some room in the freezer for some pep-stick ice cream!

M.K. said...

What a sweet chapel. I love that it is so very close to where my son lives now. I wish he would stumble across it! Welcome, Brad! And finally I have discovered who Boyett-Brinkley is :) So nice to meet and hear other dear bloggers out there.

ellen b. said...

Love that chapel. "Where two or more are gathered..."

Elderberry-Rob said...

Thank you for posting every day. I love your chapel.

Followers