Sunday, December 16, 2018

Quiet Sunday

 Today I had a quiet day.  I knit.  I listened to Brad's sermon.  I went to the grocery store. I baked a little.  My sponge plans were foiled again because the jam had a broken top so I have to take it back.  I bought cupcakes instead and baked cookies.  Bill did a lot of the prep for our meeting tonight, so we are ready. 


 Yesterday I made Russian Tea!
 Here's the recipe in my high school handwriting (I see I capitalized lemon and did not capitalize Tang) LOL.  I put three teaspoons in a cup and add hot water. 
 The oranges are good again!

 These are the easiest and VERY most scrumptious cookie.  You place "break and bake" Toll House cookie dough in mini muffin tins, bake for 13 minutes at 350 degrees and when you take them out of the oven you put a Reese's mini peanut butter cup in each one.  Then, you carefully take them out and let them cool on a rack.  They are SO good!

I hope your third Sunday in Advent (JOY!) is wonderful!
Every Day in December Bloggers:


10 comments:

Kit said...

Russian tea! Oh how me and my best friend drank countless cups when we were teens. Thanks for the memory! :) Kit

GretchenJoanna said...

I don't think you could go wrong with that cookie!!

ellen b. said...

I've got to write down oranges and cloves on my shopping list. Those cookies look real good! I might have to make them for our small open house on Sunday.

Debi said...

Oh my goodness... Russian Tea! I didn't that was the name of it though. Years ago I used to make this every Sunday and we drank it with orange cinnamon rolls. I haven't made it in years because I had forgotten how and now I can... thank you for posting the recipe! Your house looks beautifully decorated for the holidays.

Terra said...

Your cookies look delish and I like the oranges with cloves classic oranges.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thos cookies look delicious. I love your decorations. Quiet Sundays are always nice. Merry Christmas!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Oh my, I love that cookie recipe!

happyone said...

Delicious looking cookie and sure sounds easy.

Jeanie said...

Every photo here makes me smile. or hungry!

Kim said...

Those cookies look positively decadent! Love your happy Christmas decorations!

Followers