Thursday, December 13, 2018

Buns!

 So this morning I was tired from all the bookclub party prep yesterday.  I took a nap and because we had a delivery scheduled I had to change my chapel plans.  Turns out the delivery is delayed further so I could have met Sondra at the chapel, but we'll meet tomorrow instead.  
It's St. Lucia day and my sister's birthday!  I was trying to be a good Norwegian and do some sort of rendition of buns.  I was talking to our Kelli on my phone while I put the ingredients in the bread machine.  I forgot to put in the little kneader (it goes in the bottom of the bread pan) so not much happened inside Mr. Magic Bread Machine.  I had to take it out and actually knead it and then I made nice little cinnamon rolls.  Happy birthday to my sweet sissy (who lives far away from me up in Washington State) and happy us because the rolls look delicious.  I think I'll freeze them so we don't eat them all.


 I have no business casting on another knitting project, but I guess I just do whatever I want.  Ha!  
 Brace yourself, but as hard as this is to believe I have to tell you . . . my bookclub ladies have not read Anne of Green Gables.  Gasp.  It's our next month's read and I'm so excited!  I got to pick because the meeting was at our house.
 And this came today!  MK's mouse tales!  I love it!  The illustrations are wonderful!

Thank you for popping in, Christmas friend!  
Every Day in December Bloggers:


11 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Ok, Pom Pom, you might want to sit down for this -- don't be shocked and don't think badly of me but.......I have never read Anne of Green Gables. I shall put it on my list.

Kit said...

Oh my favorite stories! I love Anne and read all the books. What a wonderful author and it made me quite fall in love with Prince Edward Island. :) Kit

Julia said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. Your sweet buns look delicious.
Anne of Green Gable was so enjoyed by all my girls as they were growing up and myself included. You chose well and I'm sure your book club will be very pleased. We also watched the series on TV. Such a wonderful classic entertainment.
Happy Saint Lucia Day
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

I love your birthday cake! It’s lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time in the morning.

Granny Marigold said...

Oh, I've done that too, forgetting to put the little paddle into the bread machine. Your Lucia buns turned out looking ( and no doubt tasting) wonderful.

elizabeth said...

oh fun!!! oh bummer about the paddle but yumyumyum!!! Anne of Green Gables is WONDERFUL!!! have fun with this!!! happy birthday to your sister!!! lots of love to you!

ann said...

Buns look sooo good. A happy birthday for sure for sis.

ellen b. said...

Oh, good for you for picking Anne for your book club especially since none of them have read it. I didn't read it until a few years ago and it was a delight to read as an adult. Haven't heard of M.K. Christiansen so I'll have to check out her books. Glad you salvaged your dough and made a yummy platter full. I'm going to Spokane today so I could have delivered a gift to your sister. :) Ha!

M.K. said...

Those are glorious buns! Smart to freeze some. I admit I've never read all the Anne books either. Not even all of the 1st one! I think many watched the movie instead.
Thanks for the pic of my little boom. I'm glad you like it!

Debi said...

Your buns look so delicious! Anne is one of my favorite books too. Yay, to you for bringing enlightenment to your book club friends!

Kim said...

I cannot imagine never having read Anne of Green Gables. Love the stories of Anne, Gilbert, Diana, Marilla, Mathew.........♥ Why, dear Pom Pom, you have reminded me that I must watch the TV mini series this Christmas time.

Followers