Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Party Time


I ran around too much yesterday so I had to use a box to make the lemon cake.  I shall try Lynn's method soon, when I have more eggs.  
The Christmas bookclub meeting was very nice.  I had miraculous extra energy this morning so I did get everything done.  Thanks for your prayers, Kim! 



 I'll pay for all the whipping cream I consumed, but the trifle was SCRUMPTIOUS!
 We all remembered occasions that used to call for punch.  The punch tasted so good, too. 
 Everybody tried a mince pie and we had discussions about mince filling.  

I wish you all could have joined us.  
Tomorrow is another morning at the chapel.
I'm tired and need to defrag now.  
Yay for Advent.
(BIG HUG!)
Every Day in December Bloggers:

12 comments:

Kit said...

Looks yummy! After you mentioned mince pies, I had to make myself mincemeat cookie bars. I love the taste of mincemeat. It has been awhile and I was happy you jogged my memory! :) Kit

Kezzie said...

Oooh, it looks like a lovely party! Such tastiness and your decorations are lovely!

Gumbo Lily said...

Your goodies look so yummy. I don't remember tasting mince pies, but I know my German grandma used to make them. I'd like to try them now that I'm a "grown up." Have a restful evening.

Julia said...

I wish I was at the party. Everything looks so yummy. Your place looks very festive and inviting. I can tell everyone had a great time. Just looking at the trifle makes my mouth water.
Happy Advent.
Hugs, Julia

Granny Marigold said...

Everything looks so good. Trifle is the most amazing dessert and can be made with countless combinations, all delicious.

Kim said...

Everything looks delicious. That trifle....bet that tasted amazing!

Farm Girl said...

I think it turned out just perfect. I love how pretty everything looks and all of your food turned out just lovely. I bet it did feel like a Christmas party.

ellen b. said...

Looks like a lovely gathering with nice treats! It's been ages since I've had rainbow sherbet punch! Nice memories. Hope you didn't suffer too much from the cream. Blessings!

Debi said...

Oh, all that yummy food made me hungry!

Susie said...

Oh boy everything looked so tasty. Glad you had a great party. Loved seeing the tree. Blessings to all this Christmas season. xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

I think I like your book club a lot better than mine. : ) We just had a regular ole day today at my meeting. Still fun though.
That punch looks delicious.

Jeanie said...

It looks so beautiful, Karen. And of course, a lovely table and food makes any party pretty darned fabulous!

Followers