Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Friendly Faces



This morning I found Muppets in Space at the grocery store for four dollars. I watched it as the kids came in for third period. "Hi, Mrs. M! Whatcha watching?" "Muppets in Space," I replied matter-of-factly. It got some chuckles and some smiles. It made absolutely no sense and eighth graders love that. We plan and organize, trying to help them learn and remember stuff, but it is VERY hard to make an impression. I turned it off quickly, so we could get to the media center and continue our research, but because of the smell of strawberries (I use that yummy smelling lamp oil from The Body Shop), a Lemon Head or two, and a brief gander at Muppets in Space, they were cheered and ready to sit in front of the computer screen for forty-five minutes. Some really GOOD teachers emphasized Earth Day, kept the lights off and wore green t-shirts.

No comments:

Followers