Friday, April 10, 2009

Blessed Easter





Hello, hello and happy Friday! Good Friday. Did you know all the international stock markets were closed today? I like that. A few of the kids at school asked me what I planned to do for Easter, but most didn't even mention it. Hmmmmm. I'm not sure what that means. There are so many joyful Easter songs. I hope you have an opportunity to sing some of them this weekend. We are having as many as can come over for dinner Sunday and before that, on Saturday, we'll celebrate Jeff's birthday since he was in Germany on his actual day! He won't give me any serious suggestions for gifts. I'm not so good at gifts anymore. My lack of planning ahead skills often manifests itself in mediocre gifts. I'll let you know if I get a great idea . . . before tomorrow! I'm so happy to have Bill and Jeff home. Bill has already mowed our lawn, done all his laundry and sent Jeff to the grocery store for our Friday night steak dinner. I would much rather be with my dear ones than hang out at home alone like a hermit-y little poet! Although, I LOVE that in small doses as well! I took a photo of the weather-beaten bird church in our front garden, because of Easter and the place we can gather to celebrate our RISEN Lord. I also included a photo of the sturdy little beginnings of my one bunch of daffodils! Aren't they suggestive of all the flowers we can look forward to? Yea! Jeff took some powerful photographs and I will post them tomorrow. He captures such thought provoking images. You'll love them. My wish for you is a sweet and holy weekend, filled with reminders of the Savior. I think I'll try to have a little celebratory moment to myself on Easter Sunday. Maybe I'll take a sunrise walk or write about my most memorable Easter dresses and all the yummy Easter breakfasts we had at church when I was a child, all because my mom and dad tried so hard to remind us of the sacrifice made on our behalf. Or I might make a cross from two twigs and some hemp. How about we all try this : go into the bathroom alone, close the door, look in the mirror, place your hands on the sides of your face and say to your image, "Jesus died for you. He loves you with an everlasting love." Rejoice!

No comments:

Followers