Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Eat Your Veggies


Our neighborhood grocery stocks lovely veggies, don't you think? I don't really like eating veggies, however. Sometimes they taste good to me - with lots of fatty dip! And during the holidays, I make some special vegetable dishes - with cheese, mayo, cream, and deep-fried onions on top! But, if someone told me that I couldn't go to bed until I ate a cucumber or a pepper, I would grumble, because I view veggie eating as a "have to" instead of a "get to" and I only eat them for my own good. If someone said, "You must drink this mug of creamy hot chocolate before bed," I would say, "Yum! Thank you!" I am not hungry (we went out for Chinese food) so I don't need any hot chocolate, but I could tolerate it right now, when I can go a good week without experiencing a yearn for vegetables. I ate some carrots today and a little cabbage (in an egg roll!) That's all the veggies I want. Maybe when I grow some squash, carrots, peppers and peas this summer, I'll fall in love with them. Maybe I'll stop eating bread and cookies forever! But, for the time being, I am chubby anti-veggie Pom Pom.


No comments:

Followers