Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Walks Around the Neighborhood



Two days in a row! Walks around the neighborhood = JOY! The trees explode with last minute wonder!

I took this photo with my phone. The weird purple pants I wore to school today do not have pockets and I had to carry my iPod and my phone - so, no camera. Can you believe this little flower island of lovely? When I stepped up to get a closer shot, I saw a fat rabbit sitting in the grass.

See the weird purple pants? The kids at school didn't make any snide comments. They really are nice.




Here's Pom Pom, all weary and wilted from teaching in a 100 degree classroom! We actually hung out in the library most of the day. I am praying for air conditioner healing tomorrow. Everyone is complaining!













Come on up!





This is last night's sunset! Can you see my Rockies in the background? I really shouldn't call them mine since I hardly ever GO up into the mountains. I just gaze at them.

I was SO POOPED last night that I was fast asleep when Bill took this funny picture. I didn't wake up. I have my mouth guard in between my teeth so I don't grind my choppers away. I look like I am having a nice dream, don't I?


I AM dreaming up new things to do, new teacher plans, projects (like the bunting!) and I'm reading two good books on my Kindle. One is Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler. The other is, Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Frances Chan. You know by now that I mention books, talk about them just a little and then move on without keeping you up to speed. I'm sorry. As I look at the sleeping Pom Pom, I get a weird feeling. When I was a child, I hated the idea of falling asleep and losing my thoughts for so many hours Now, I'm so tired at night that I welcome sleep, but here I am up at 10:15 and still buzzing, buzzing, buzzing. I hope you have a glorious day and I hope you can look up at some trees like mine in your neck of the woods. Sending BIG LOVE your way, sweet reader. Smell good smells today, listen to soft songs, taste some fresh stuff, look around and see the breathtaking signs pointing to a God who notices you. oxpp

6 comments:

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

Hi Pom Pom, lovely lovely trees. Looks like they are on the turn now and Ilove your purple pants and matching jellies

Actually, I popped over for a little healing. Someone has upset me and I am trying so hard to get past it, but I feel sad. I knew if I popped over it would cheer me up

I am so glad that my dear friend Cathie won your basket of goodies. She is a lovely girl and most deserving of your gift

I hope you have a good day teaching today, those kids are so lucky to have you!

Bye for now

Saleslady371 said...

You sound like a wonderful teacher. I enjoyed the pics and have to tell you, I just cracked an old molar because I'm grinding my teeth while I sleep. My dentist told me to try the mouth guard at Walmart and see if it helps before I spend a lot of money on one he would build.

I have an award for you at my place. It's a fun one!

Bradley W. Maston said...

I like your weird purple pants. They are very nice. I hope you got a good nights sleep and smelled many good smells as the weather begins to turn to beautiful autumn gusts.

...Nina Nixon... said...

Such wonderful pictures and I hope your not feeling too pooped today?

Nina x

libbyquilter said...

beautiful photos of the the changing season Pom Pom~!~

you know some research suggests that we get far more than just rest accomplished while we sleep . . . the brain is such a mystery isn't it!?!

take good care of yourself and if your temps are dropping like ours are than you are definately in for some relief from the heat~!~

:)
libbyQ

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Isn't this a wonderful time of year to take a walk?

I've just gotten fit for a nightguard so I'll stop clenching my jaw in my sleep. Hope it works--I'm working on a nasty case of TMJ.

The books you're reading sound great. Give us a report!

frances

Followers