Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blue Eyed Girl

 I had one chick for Easter.  Samantha Rose colored eggs and smeared chocolate on her clothes.  She is absolutely so squeezable.  Easter breakfast tasted very good, especially the cheesy potatoes.  I hope you had a lovely Easter, too!
 I wish my cheeks were the color of these apples.  I've been tired and the spring air makes for stuffy sinuses.  Yesterday at dance class (that sounds so much more ballerina-like than Jazzercise) I kept thinking, "Seriously?  Why so much bouncing?"  I looked around and noticed that a lot of the ladies were less than peppy.  Holiday weekends gobble up quite a bit of verve and energy tank levels are low.
 My percolator died.  They don't last very long and the sure sign of their pending passage is warm coffee (coffee should be HOT, right?) Now we have an old faithful (and cheap!) drip coffee maker and I'm happy. The Keurig coffee maker sounds so sick and we have to do lots of tricky pushing of buttons to get it to work.  I'm about ready to kick if off the counter.  It can go live in the basement.  All this fuss for two cups of coffee a day?  Silly!  But do you know about coconut water?  I've been drinking about eight ounces of coconut water per day since January 1st.  It is VERY hydrating and I imagine it makes my joints feel very lubricated and it makes my complexion very dewy.  I made that dewy part up, but I'm convinced coconut water helps with my sugar cravings.  I haven't been romanticizing baked goods in my usual way.  Coconut water is usually for sale near the fruit juices. It comes in a nice paper carton and I shall keep buying it.  Have you tried it?
There are eight weeks left of school!  Last year I was taking a poetry class and I feel sure I need more poems right now.  Isn't the bird above a poem?  I took the photo with my small camera and I'm not sure what dials or buttons I pressed to get this effect, but it's my favorite shot by far.   The little bird is singing a song of spring for you.  Can you hear her?  She's whistling compliments and tooting words that give good hearts pause.  Maybe she'll land on your shoulder today and fly away with a burden or two.  It's time for my second cup of coffee and my daily date with the ironing board, then off to school.  Thank you very much for stopping in, friend!

16 comments:

M.K. said...

Hi dear Pom. There's so much to reply to in your post! I should write you an email. 1) I love that bird photo. It looks more like a drawing/painting than a photo. How in the world did you actually GET that picture, with that kind of light, and no flash? However you did it, it's beautiful. Very fine. 2) I've been using some coconut oil for quite a while, and then it became popular among the old folks here. My mom is using it for cooking/frying eggs. But I hadn't even thought of drinking it! That's good to know. 3) Coffee. Have you ever thought of getting a French press? That's what Adam uses. I'm not much of a coffee drinker. But we went through so many various coffee maker gadgets. Even the glass French presses would crack, and THEN ... he got a stainless steel one from Starbucks. It seemed like a bit of an extravagance, but it has lasted for years, and is going strong. No mechanical parts to wear down. Good boiling water + good coffee. Now, you see why I sometimes don't comment! I don't know when to stop!

Lisa Richards said...

Glad you had a good Easter! I know the tiredness you're feeling. I hope the Jazzercise and coconut water help to restore your vigor!

Thanks for those very pretty apples, a beautiful bird picture and above all, that Samantha Rose smile to start my day!

no spring chicken said...

I really didn't think the picture of the bird was a photograph! Wonderful effect.

And you are always a poet. I love the way you 'talk' to me each day. Lilting words and I can just sense the tone in your voice. :)

I'm glad that you had your little one there for Easter. I kept praising God for my brother's littles at our celebration. They make everything right!

Blessings, Debbie

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hi there, your little bird silhouette is very nice, I like him. We have been catching up on all the tv we record and never get round to watching, cooking lazy food like chilli or tacos and catching up on housework - my ironing board held my attention for 2 hours today! I long for it to be warm enough to sit on my (donated by neighbours) bench and feel the sun on my face and to wear open toe shoes. Roll on Summer!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Hi there, your little bird silhouette is very nice, I like him. We have been catching up on all the tv we record and never get round to watching, cooking lazy food like chilli or tacos and catching up on housework - my ironing board held my attention for 2 hours today! I long for it to be warm enough to sit on my (donated by neighbours) bench and feel the sun on my face and to wear open toe shoes. Roll on Summer! oh and I haven't tasted coconut water but will look out for it.

Anonymous said...

Sigh....we all need a pep up right now, don't we? I hope the bird visits me soon. :) Hoping for warm sunshine for you and lovely coffee. xxx

Hazelnut said...

That little girl is just gorgeous!
Pom Pom, you will get your 'cheeky' colour back very soon, I know.
My Mom always used to say the Spring is tiring and that March has a 'sting in its tail!'
Not sure whether April does, tho'...hope not!
xxx H

Lynn said...

There is no-one in all the world who writes as beautifully as you and calms my soul - thank you :)
L.x.

Pom Pom said...

You are all the nicest friends an old Pom Pom could have! Lynn, you always say just the right thing, dear. You're such a lover of people. You all are! Wow! This blog world is so personal and such a confidence boost for me!
Thank you for tending to my rambles and leaving such specific thoughtful comments. Yes, the birdie just flew away with a few more of my tired burdens!

Farm Girl said...

Oh Pom Pom, so glad you had a visitor to color eggs with and I do love blue eyes. I love the shot you took of the bird too.
I think my coffee maker is going to stop working soon as my coffee is getting warm instead of hot.
I have never heard of coconut water.
It sounds very nice.
I am sorry that spring is making it hard on you.
The things that I am allergic too start blooming in May. Oleander, and Mock Orange and Jasmine.
I hope you have a lovely week.
My son is ready for school to be over now. Silly boy. We haven't made it to the Civil War and I did so want to make it all the way to the start of WWI but who knows.
I am really, really ready for a break though.
As always it is a joy to catch up with you.

The Provincial Homemaker said...

What a lovely little person to spend Easter with. Glad you enjoyed it. Is coconut water the same as the juice? We have been buying fresh coconuts from the markets - eating the flesh and drinking the juice.

Hope you enjoy the remaining weeks of the term. Though, I am sure the holidays are starting to hold significant appeal by now:)

A garden just outside Venice said...

Sorry to hear about your sinuses! We're freezing here after the crazy hot temperatures of the past weeks,thank God I'm back to a cold! I hope you get some relief soon!
Take care xxx

Anonymous said...

It is so good to visit. Thanks for the tip on the coconut water, I do think I will give it a try!

Joy to you today,
Sharon

Susan B said...

Your blue-eyed girl is very precious! How wonderful she spent Easter with you! :) I love your photo of the bird. It's so beautiful. I hope you start feeling perky soon. It is the time of year when colds and flu are still going around. Yucky stuff! Take care of yourself. I love coconut water! I don't drink it every day, but try to buy some every week, if I can. It's very good for you. I drink it by itself, or put it in my morning fruit smoothies and green smoothies. Very yummy!!

Enjoy a peaceful evening, my dear! :)

Gigi said...

Hi Missy! That face -- those blue eyes -- so wonderful!
I'm sorry you're feeling tired, but gosh, I can sure understand why -- teaching, being a granny, mom, wife, and on and on and on (not to mention you're old {hee hee - just teasing}).
Love the bird photo to pieces -- it's perfect -- just like you!

G

Shey said...

That little girl has the perfect squeezable cheeks! SO glad you had a great Easter Pompom! =)

Followers