Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still Waiting

 I have a terrible case of impatience!  Deborah assures me that it takes a loooooooooong time for things to travel over the USA/Canada border and I'm comforted by that, but I wish THE THREE would arrive!  Meanwhile, I'll let Tasha Tudor's beautiful artwork take me into all the cozy feelings of fall.  I was lighting fall scented candles at my school desk.  Yikes.  I got in trouble.  So, now no fall sniffs at school.  Well, the lavender is there and the flowers that Bill sent smell strong and lily-like and I'm thankful for that.
 Don't you love Tasha's art?  There are often corgis in her work.  This does not help my dog yearnings.  I wish my sister lived close by so we could share a dog.  I think that'd work well, don't you?  The sixth graders love to talk about their dogs and of course, I love to hear their dog stories.  I love it when MK features her dog, Sandy.  Sandy is adorable!
 I just want to press fast forward and make The Jolly Postman high tail it to Ontario!  Hurry!  Hurry!  Hurry!  The Three are going to be exhausted when they finally arrive at Deborah's!  Debbie in Oregon is getting ready for them, too!  Sorry it's taking so long, Wind in the Willows friends!
 Two tutus danced at my birthday lunch!
 Samantha wore a green dress.
 Bill bought me a princess balloon that sings happy birthday and the girls liked slugging it.
Bill sent the afore mentioned lilies to school.  You can't tell in the photo but now they've all bloomed and my room smells delicious.  I'm starting to feel tired and ready for a break.  I'm a wimp.  I would very much love a house day.  If you are home during the day, would you fill the bird feeders for me?  How about a feather duster dance?  Would you mind cleaning out the refrigerator? Maybe bake an apple pie or whip up some ginger snaps?  Thank you.  I'll do the same for you around Thanksgiving.  
Do you ever wake up in the night and think, "Oh my, it feels so good to have a pillow under my head and a snuggle with flannel sheets and fluffy blankets."? I do.  Every morning when my alarm goes off at (gasp!) 4:30 am, I shuffle downstairs where Bill is waiting for me in our green chairs (they used to be green) and we sit for an hour and a half drinking coffee, talking things over and praying before I have my little time of reading and journaling on my own.  I like my mornings.  No wonder I'm ready for bed about 7:30 every evening!
Oh, by the way . . . I got Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Workshop dvds for my birthday.  Debbie at No Spring Chicken reminded me of them, so I gave them to myself.  I sat and ate popcorn and watched them for hours this last weekend.  I didn't pick up my needles, I was simply entertained by her accent and her earthy advice.  It was a nice little escape from grading papers.  
So enough Pom Pom rambles for today.  Time to put on my favorite outfit, my pajamas, and tootle to bed.  I'm going to read Gladys Taber before drifting  off to sleep.  Now that I'm 53 years old, I am going to use some high power face creams and see if they make me look shiny and sparkly.  I'm not good with make up.  Today I looked in the mirror at school and I noticed my hair was pink at the temple because the smearing of lipstick all over my face was a bit hasty.  Silly!  It's a good thing the students don't look too close.  Okay, bye bye, nice person who pops in to check on me!  (That's YOU, Sweetums!)

17 comments:

The dB family said...

Pom Pom, I dashed to the mailbox today to see if they had arrived, but I was sadly disappointed. Maybe tomorrow. I love your breezy chatty post today. I'm heading off to curl up with A Wrinkle in Time shortly. Such an interesting read.

Blessings!
Deborah

Gumbo Lily said...

Hey Snoogums! I like Tasha Tudor's corgis too. They are the smartest dogs. Your ballerina girls look so cute. How nice of them to entertain you on your birthday. The lilies that Bill sent to school were so nice. Isn't it fun to receive flowers?

I had to snicker about the pink hair. You know that you are right in style if you are wearing pink hair nowadays, even if it is lipstick smudge! You make me laugh.

I don't like to wear make-up either. I only put a little bit of stuff on my eyes and sometimes a wee bit of blush. I just moisturize and hope for the best.

It was fun checking in on you, Poopsie.

Jody

Elderberry-Rob said...

Gosh you start early! I had the munchies and got up at 5am for toast with Ambercat. I like the house quiet and darkness outside. Today I have appoitnments for all the things I don't want to do all in one - so after today the rest of the week will be much nicer! Looks like your birthday was special and full of the people you love - that's good. Wish I could have come and surprised you! Hurry up WIW, I can see this is going to be a continuing theme, the worldwide post is going to have a lot of pressure on to see this book round the world, it had better not let us all down! Bettyx

magsmcc said...

Oh you make me feel guilty to be at home- I do none of the above here let alone for anyone else!! Snuggling down thinking about things is as far as I ever get- Love the love shelf. Of course you have a love shelf! The Willows probably trying to drag Toad over the border as we speak!

Angela said...

And I am feeling guilty too because today is my 'home' day- and I didnt get up till 8am.
Do you think there was a problem with their passport photos? There certainly is with mine.
How romantic that Bill sent a bouquet of flowers to SCHOOL for you to put in your classroom. What a man!!
belated birthday blessings x
[I had to teach a lesson on alliteration this week!]

Sue McPeak said...

Drats!!!I missed your Birthday!!!So, Happy Belated!!! Your PinkTuTu Girls made your Day...I'm sure...very special. What a nice gift to give yourself..EZimmerman. I haven't knitted in months...I tell myself I'm waiting for cooler weather...so many projects to finish. Thanks for visiting...I've been gone soooo much lately and have not been a good bloggin' commenter...just a poster!

Farm Girl said...

I always love Pom Pom ponderings. Well I guess I am older than you. I was 53 in May. 1958 was a good year.
My husband and I have coffee like that every morning and it is so dark but the company is so very nice.
It takes so long to send things to Canada. I have sent things to England in a shorter amount of time. I can never figure that out.
It sounds like you had a very nice birthday.
I have been reading The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Delightful book. It is a tiny little thing and it is such a sweet story with such nice values.
I have had a hankering to read some Elisabeth Goudge. Have you read Linnets and Valerians? I do love that book.
I hope your day is just lovely,
Hugs from me to you,
Kim

no spring chicken said...

I was chuckling out loud again, 'feel good' friend. Don't worry about make-up. You sparkle with words!

When you asked about what we think when we crawl in bed I had to laugh. I always sigh... loud enough for my youngest daughter to hear, and say, "Mmmm bed's are nice." And I fluff and roll loudly too until I hear her laugh. I know she's waiting for it!

Glad you were spoiled on your birthday... EZ and all! And yes, I am anxious for my visitors!!

Blessings, Debbie

Leslie said...

Sounds like a lovely birthday celebration with just the perfect gifts! 4:30am???!!??? Whoa, that is about the time I stumble to the little girl's room and head back to bed. Your morning routine sounds lovely and totally worth it! I'm wanting a house day, too, and think I am skipping my weight watchers weigh in today to have one. (It would not be good news after our celebrating this past week so sparing myself the sadness of it all haha)
Have a blessed day!

Shey said...

I love the new layout PomPom! =D Beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to you, Pom Pom! I loved hearing about the happenings at your house!

Blessings to you!
Sharon

M.K. said...

Oh, Pom, you make me laugh! Lipstick along your hairline! That's fabulous :) Your classroom looks lovely -- but I'm sorry you can't have your fall candles :( Boohoo! I love a fall candle. The only better thing is a Christmas candle.

Yes, I'm eager for the Trio too, but very looking forward to the various posts from others, as they travel.

Enjoy your jammies and warm bed. I do often snuggle down in the covers and am thankful for a comfortable bed and safe place to be.

Pom Pom said...

Thank you, sweet friends. Oh how I love your beefy comments. I feel like they are love notes, shots in the arm, and turbo boosters! I need that kind of strength and support! I do! (BIG HUG to you, oh wordsmiths of generosity!)

Sherry from Alabama said...

What beauty and love you're surrounded with! You are one blessed lady!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and asking about my sub-teaching. I enjoyed it BUT I have a question for you; How do you get a classroom of 4th graders quiet?! Evidently, their teacher doesn't have that figured out yet either. She just screams above their talking. I go back to the same classroom next Tuesday. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Gigi said...

Why yes, I do love Tasha's paintings -- so utterly and completely charming! And I see your adorable littles had a grand time at your party. I did wish you Happy Birthday, didn't I?! Senior citizen here ;). If not, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LOVABLE DARLING POM!!
Oh, and no worries about the W in W fellows. They're probably having some little adventures along the way and maybe doing a little sightseeing ;).
Blessings,
GG

The dB family said...

Pom Pom! They've arrived! They're going to have tea and pumpkin scones shortly.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Deborah

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday dear PomPom! I just had my birthday too and now that I am 35 I feel the need for high powered eye cream too! Oh dear. I'm glad you had dancing fairies and flowers for your birthday x x

Followers