Monday, March 30, 2009

More Snow

First of all, the security alarm went off last night because the cat jumped on the table. Yikes! I'm pretty brave, though. I went downstairs, turned it off, thought about what I should do for five seconds, and then went back to sleep (with the lights on!) I have a sinus headache and it began snowing again during the night. Sigh. Oh well.
Kelli, Sophie, Clara, April,Cadence, Finn and Jenny are all coming over around noon. We'll have lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant and then come home for naps. This is the good life!

I copied a sonnet (Shakespeare's Sonnet 29) into my journal, so I'll share it here:


Sonnet 29 by William Shakespeare


When in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,

I all alone beweep my outcast state
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;
For thy sweet love rememb'red such wealth brings,
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

Any thoughts on this, Shakespeare lovers?

No comments:

Followers