Monday, March 2, 2020

Yay for March!

 Hello lovely blog world friends!  Isn't the butternut squash in the photo SO beautiful?  I buy it cut up at the grocery because I can't cut hard veggies. 
Bill gave me such a cute envelope for Valentine's Day.  I put all my stickers in it.
 I'm probably not going to eat my chocolate Wonder Woman.  Isn't she fancy?
 Here is my Jolly so far.  He's cute, isn't he?  He'll need his baggage all shored up so that's next.  It's taking so long because I have so many paper-y things on the go all the time. 
 The kids in my Bible study made prayer leaves.  They wrote down the prayer requests that will help them grow.  They are the sweetest group.  I have been blessed so much.
 I watched MK's hubby's vlog on YouTube and learned that I can foam almond milk with my coffee press!  FUN!
 I got new dishes for Valentine's Day!  FUN!
 I bought some new food diaries.  I am the sort of person that can't be trusted to wing it when it comes to watching my weight.  I must submit to discipline. I found an old food diary (26 years old) of mine when I worked for 3 months to lose 25 lbs.  It was interesting.  I was only 37 years old.  I weigh now almost the same as I weighed THEN (when I started) so that's pretty good.  I must take more walks and move around more.  I'm slothful.
 Here's my beautiful mama saying goodbye to her condo and now she is all settled into her new house.  I'll show you some of those photos (the new place) next time.
 I have over ten jumpers to make for Alice in Wonderland.  I worry about all the cutting out because my thumbs are arthritic. 
I'll be back when I get Jolly's book finished.  I am book binding the envelopes and I have to embellish all them, too.  I will write my story (more about that later) and place it in my envelope and send him on to Lisa. 
Yay for March and kite flying weather.  I found tiny kites at the grocery store a few years ago.  I hope they carry them again.
We had snow last night, but it's more like spring snow so that's happy.
Thank you for popping by.  You're kind.  

19 comments:

magsmcc said...

Yay for you, Wonderwoman of Blogland! You are very accomplished, and your mother is very brave, and we are all very blessed by your joy! Obviously I continue to be jealous of everyone's snow, regardless of its character. I just need there to be lots of it as opposed to none of it! Very excited to see some new adventures....

Debi said...

You are such a busy lady! I love your Valentine's Day dishes and your Wonder Woman chocolate... you're right, she's too cute to eat. I probably would eat her though, I can't resist chocolate! Good luck with your jumpers, could you ask someone else to cut them out for you? Your veggie dish looks delicious. I hope you have a good week!

Susie said...

Hi PomPom, you are so busy. I love the pictures you have shown us. Your mom's hat reminds me of my mom...she loved wearing hats, I miss her...hug your mommy for me.Oh those adorable dishes. Love them. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

Between Me and You said...

You're such a cheery soul. I'm ever-so-glum at the moment and not very good company. I adore your new dishes. Health and Happiness to your Mum in her new pad. Lots of Love.xxx
ps I hope you get some help with all those pretty little things you have to make?

Granny Marigold said...

Butternut Squash sure is hard to cut up... but very tasty!
Your Valentines dishes are my favourite colour ( and yours too, I think).
I hope you find someone to help cutting the material you will need for the jumpers. It's hard to do much with arthritis affected hands.
I hope you have a wonderful month of March!!!

Kim said...

I would rather say "YAY" for September but I will be happy that it is autumnal March. =) Love your happy Valentine's dishes. Such a pity you can't eat the chocolate......just a little??

ellen b. said...

Your mom is so youthful! I love your Valentine's dishes. What is it about me and dishes anyway? :) That's a lot of jumpers to make for sure. Hope your thumbs cooperate. It's a treat to get butternut squash cut up. I always wonder about a knife accident when I try. Ugh. Love the prayer tree! Happy March dear girl!

Elizabethd said...

We just dont like butternut squash! So I dont hve to worry about cutting it up.
You are so busy with so many things. Ilike the jupers....we call them pinafores.

happyone said...

Pretty Valentine day dishes!!
I've kept a food journal for years. It keeps me aware of what I'm eating. It sure does help with keeping the weight off.
I have an app on my phone now a days.

Julie said...

Your veggies look stunning all cut up dear Pom Pom - such lovely colours. I love March too but I will be thankful when some autumn comes our way. Your new dishes are just gorgeous - love, love all the red/white. Have a beautiful day my friend xx

GretchenJoanna said...

I vote for not eating Wonder Woman. Those milk chocolate thingies are never as good to eat as they are to look at; my housemate does not like chocolate and she is a teacher's aide so the students and teacher often give her things like that, and she passes them on to me, and I eat them and am always disappointed. Now, if it were dark chocolate....

Bill's envelope is fantastic! Did he also give you Wonder Woman? It seems you had a good Valentine's Day :-)

M.K. said...

Look at your sweet mama, moving on to her next adventure! She has such a good spirit. So glad you like the beverage foaming in the coffee press. It really makes a difference.
I can't wait until Postman Jolly comes to see me :) You do spread the fun around, PomPom, and we thank you! He looks very fine.
I'm wondering, about the cutting out of all that fabric -- is there another way, without scissors? Can you cut them out with a kind of roller cutter? I wonder if I've seen that, years ago. It might save your thumbs. I knew a woman who ruined her thumbs from cutting stacks of craft paper for years for her young students, and then made a whole quilt by hand too. She had to have that terrible surgery on both of them. Save your thumbs!!!

Henny Penny said...

If one wants to get cheered up just visit Pom Pom's blog! You make me feel happy! How do you do so much and stay in a happy mood? I love your Valentine dishes and the big red envelope. A big YAY for March from me too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I try to keep a food journal. It really does work well when counting the calories. I love the prayer leaves you are doing with the children at church. Have a happy March!

Jeanie said...

That squash is a stunning veg. So cheery! And oh, how I love those valentine dishes. Lucky you!

Bonnie K said...

You are crazy busy! I'm tired just reading it all. Love the photo of your mom!

Lisa Richards said...

Those Alice in Wonderland jumpers are so cute!
The Jolly Postman looks so friendly. I look forward to seeing him! :)
I hope your mom loves her new home!

Kezzie said...

So much joy in this post! I've had some butternut squashes that are IMPOSSIBLE to cut. I've discovered that's when they are too unripe, as in, they need to e stored in the cupboard for a few months! But not so good when you want it for dinner tonight!
Is a jumper like a pinafore dress? You are good to make those with your arthritic thumbs.
Where's TIM in this post?!?!?!? I always expect some Tim goodness!
Your pictures are brilliant and that prayer tree is beautiful!

Elderberry-Rob said...

good luck to your mum in her new home. looking forward to seeing how your postie blog hop goes. Betty

Followers