Tuesday, March 17, 2020

We Have Good Minds (and we know what to read)

 In 2 Peter chapter 2 verse 1-3 says,
"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies; even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them - bringing swift destruction on themselves.  Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.  In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."

We have God's Word.  We must hold the TRUTH in our minds and in our hearts.  We trust in the Creator of the universe.  We must be aware of false teachers.
And we rest.  At home.  Bill and I have been running small errands together.  We've been walking in the neighborhood after dinner.  I've been staying at my sewing machine as long as I can, but it makes my back sore (just a little bit).
It's good to be in the "now" because nobody can predict the future, the duration of the changes to everyday life.  Whoa.  That sounds very serious.  

 Whatever this plant is, I like it.  I bought it because previous lookalikes have lasted a long time.  I'll move it around so it can drink in some sunbeams.
 A few chocolate eggs are nice with coffee.  A few, Pom Pom.  A few.  (sweet tooth)
 I have two dresses finished for the mad tea party in Alice in Wonderland.  Three more are cut out and ready to sew.  Inch by inch.
 It's way too early for seed planting, but seed gathering is in motion.  I can't believe I am planting cucumbers again since they were a lot of work in the past, but Jeff wants to return to pickle processing and needs my cucs.
 Here is a slimmer photo of Tim.  He's not quite as rotund as some of my photos suggest. 
Do you like the next fabric I'll be working with?
 At Whole Foods they sell little bouquets of flowers (tiny, really) and when I bought napkins (yay!) I bought myself a posy.  I had it placed in front of my Rosamunde Pilcher books and it looked lovely there, but Tim knocked it over and I had to move it. 
 I do like my simple sewing machine.  I even oiled it!  I've never oiled a sewing machine before (blush).
 Whole Foods also had these lovely seed packages. 
 I've been looking through old collage journals.

 I'm not sure why I drew this little angel.  I like her wings.  We can't see the angels but we know that they are about.
James and Noah are coming over to ride bikes today.  The weather has been typical of March.  It's not very warm but it's okay to be outside wearing a warm sweater. 
I thought we might wish to visit more with our blog friends because we are out and about so much less.  Do you think so?
I pray you are all feeling peace, indescribable peace, and if you aren't feeling it just now, I'll keep praying you do very soon.
I'm going to go take a bath.  Every time I take a bath (almost every time) I remember the book The Hiding Place.  When Corrie ten Boom was released from prison, she found her way to a hospital and was nurtured and cared for.  She had a hot bath after living in the filthy gloom of a concentration camp for so long.  She REALLY felt and treasured that lovely pleasure of getting clean and then she slept between clean, sweet smelling sheets, a delight she had not enjoyed for months and months.  Oh, that I could be so grateful for all the simple joys in life on earth.  You, too.
I have one friend who is waiting for another grandchild to be born right now, at this moment, and I have another friend who has battled cancer for eight years and has just moved into hospice. One new soul coming into the world and one dear soul leaving. 
Thank you for stopping by and saying hello.  You are good and faithful.
 

 

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good morning. I love your positive post. We (hubby and I - both teachers) are enjoying more time at home here and working with our students online. I love all your sewing. Perhaps I will pull out my sewing machine during this down time, except that I am also dealing with a broken hand. Have a lovely day. I am going to get outside for nice walk.

Jeanie said...

I went to the store this morning and now I'm in for the count. Down for the count? Now down, not yet! I'm happy to be in for the next month. And spring is coming. Not soon enough but it's coming.

All shall be well.

Lisa Richards said...

Yes, we do have to be careful who we listen to in "these times".
I'm praying for those who need to be back at work and those who need child care, and that nobody will panic so that supply chains stay in operation. Thank the Lord for all those who drive trucks and such so we can buy what we need at the store! We've got our groceries and are staying home as much as possible. It is a good time to look through journals and do homey things.
That black and white material is so Alice-in_Wonderland-y! Good job on the dresses! If I had a sewing machine it would have to be a simple one. But I have more interests than energy to pursue them, lol.
Our church is closed for the next couple of weeks and then they will re-evaluate. But they are videoing a service each week, and there are many good service videos online. I'm going to take advantage of that encouragement!
Glad to hear what you're up to, Pom! You are such a cheering influence in the blogging world. Big hugs to you and yours!

Elizabethd said...

Your posy is the prettiest I've seen. I can imagine that you will have a lot of pleasure from it, as long as Timmy leaves it alone!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am happy I stopped by. I Keep my allegiance simply to the One who created me. I avoid the news hysteria and I see comments of others at social media who follow the news like a god. I am going to dive into writing more cards of encouragement. Then mail hem in larger envelopes to the three local nursing homes in my neighborhood. I hope they share them with those who have no one to visit them or even those who do and can not see loved ones with these lock downs.
I love the fabric you have. Love your sewing machine. I often wish that mean old bully of a nun wasn't so hateful to me and ruined my desire to learn sewing. I have a pattern, from 1999 I Have kept with the cutest simple dress and short jacket . SIGH...my oldest sister was a seamstress, she could make anything. Oh how I Miss her. If I bought they fabric she would sew for me. I am my mothers child, we could darn a sock. My middle sister too could sew like a dream. Hmmmm......
Keeping busy but now Nick is working from home so our spare bedroom is his workplace and I need to clean it before Hannah and Jake visit at Easter.
Waiting for my mail. I ordered taffy from Estes Park and it should arrive today.
I sent some to Hannah's MIL in NY state. Her hubby is hospitalized from a surgery and of course, hospitals locked down and he is there and she is home.
OH my goodness, I should wind this up. Take care and stay safe. HUGS HEALTH LOVE

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

Cute dresses and great sewing machine! No social distance for me, sad to say. I have to take Mom to medical facility very early in morning where she'll have surgery. Then, a week later, back for review. It makes me a little nervous.
Be careful and safe!

Granny Marigold said...

I love colourful seed packets and the ones from Botanical Interests are scrapbook worthy!!!
I admire your sweet angel. She brought to my mind a line from an old prayer that says Let your holy angels dwell with us to preserve us in peace and let your blessing be upon us always.

happyone said...

A lovely post! I love that feeling of getting in bed with clean sheets after just taking a shower. Heavenly.
Lots of beautiful flowers in your future.

Julie said...

I loved every single thing in your post today dear Pom Pom - thank you for cheering my day & brightening the world with your loveliness xx

Kezzie said...

Your post is very true! Peter and the other apostles and disciples did warn us! I do keep thinking that it really does feel like the end times with all that has gone on in the last few years. I pray everyone will turn to Jesus.
There's lots to be thankful for and I love that image of the concentration camp release experiencing the joy of her first bath!

ellen b. said...

Even in the midst of all this we have so so much to be grateful for. Thank you for your encouraging post. Time to hunker down in God's Word! Blessings!!

Bonnie K said...

Great post. I loved seeing the seeds and flowers. The fabric is fabulous. It is good to have projects to keep a person focused. Journals are always so fun to look back and reflect. I love to go back through my garden journals. Thanks for sharing.

GretchenJoanna said...

Thank you for reminding me about Corrie's bath and those sheets! I am so comfortable here in my shelter, I can't think to complain. I'm trying to pray more for people who are fearful or suffering.

Lynn said...

A beautiful post, Karen, brimming with calm, love and truth. Just like you.x Love the seed packets, lovely for cardmaking, journalling. I think online friend visiting will be even more special in these difficult days. Sending hugs and prayers xx

Farm Girl said...

What a lovely upbeat post. I love all of your bright colors, and I love those jumpers.
Your posies are nice too. Yes, I loved that part in that book.
I hope you have a wonderful day. I have to go to the grocery store. Wish me luck.

Between Me and You said...

Heaven sent, you are. I think your plant is a 'Kalanchoe', a member of the succulent family. Be well, my friend.xxx

Between Me and You said...

Also, so sorry to hear about your friend. x

M.K. said...

You mention spending more time in blogs, and I should be doing that rather than going to news sites or looking at statistics. We are pretty much at home too. I did go to the grocery yesterday. And we've been outside in the garden and doing various chores there. That feels good. This too shall pass, and we will all be changed because of it. But Christians, hopefully, won't be changed quite as much, since we should always carry inside us the certainly of heaven and that God is working in His world in His mysterious way. This virus is one strange way. We wait for Him. Thank you for your beautiful photos, PomPom! Stay well.

Followers