Sunday, March 15, 2020

These Unique Days

Brad and I were texting about the classic Daily Light and I happened to have the Living Bible version handy.  It's so good and looking up all the verses is always encouraging.
 I did go to the fabric store yesterday to get some linen for The Mad Hatter's coat and Alice's older sister's skirt.  There were quite a few people there.  Churches have cancelled their services and Community Bible Study is taking a few weeks off.  The roads here are not experiencing the usual heavy traffic.  I don't want to watch the news too much, since the stories repeat quite often. I've been reading, cleaning, and sewing.  The light on my little sewing machine burned out.  Drat. 

Sweet Noah rode his "trike" while I rode Sunshine the yellow bike, around and around the driveway.
 We blew bubbles at Bible study. 
 I sent this photo to my sister because I'm quite amazed that tie dye is a "thing" again.  My other sister tie dyed t-shirts for my brothers for Christmas about fifty hears ago!  GASP!  Now at our Sam's Club (I always look at the piles of clothes for sale) they have 10-12 dollar sweatshirts so I figured Pom Pom needed one. I found the tie dyed t-shirt at Ross Dress for Less when I took Birdie birthday shopping.  I look quite Winnie the Pooh-ish in the photo. LOL!
 This one is true to his barn cat nature, grabbing a lap at every opportunity. 


These are old dafs.  I did buy a potted flower at the grocery because I rearranged the furniture in the family room and I made a spot for something "alive".

It seems everybody everywhere must keep their distance from others.  My friend in Texas said that people in Italy are singing to each other from their balconies.  That's very sweet.
I hope you are reading and writing, tending to your lovely homey tasks, and trusting in the One who has the last word.
I'm going to go eat a piece of fish and an apple for breakfast.  I'm reading The Kitchen Congregation by Nora Seton.  I love good writing and this is fine writing.  I also love to read food books.  Do you? I'm also reading a novel called The Secrets of Paper and Ink that Elizabethd from Small Moments recommended on Goodreads.  It's fast paced and interesting. 
Sometimes I get overwhelmed looking at all of my books, but that's silly.  I have time to read them between sewing sessions.  I can only sew so much before my back starts to feel sore and I have plenty of time.
I hope you are well.  I hope you feel connected.  I KNOW you are loved.
 

18 comments:

Magazine da Dê said...

Hello, I really liked your blog and I will mark it to be able to follow your writings ... You are only right He knows everything. Have a good week.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I am glad your grandchildren are able to visit and that you are well and safe Karen, Our church services haven't stopped yet but I think in the coming week a lot is going to change.

Granny Marigold said...

I LOVE to read food books and look at glorious colour pictures of food I'll admire but never make. We tend to eat the same things. In fact I think eating the same things makes it easier to eat less ( which we sure need to remember as we do less every year).
Looking at the Robin and the pretty Daffodils makes me even more aware that Spring is ( officially) only 5 days away!!!
Unfortunately winter is having a last blow at us here.

Sue McPeak said...

Hi Karen...you always make the distance between us feel as if we are having a homey visit with each other. Thank you for that at this time when distancing is the new norm. I'm with yarn and fabric like you are with books...glad to have it to stay busy and productive. Your Grands are sure growing. Enjoyed seeing them in your photos. Stay warm and cozy in your warm and cozy home.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Deb J. in Utah said...

Good Sunday morning! Interesting times we live in for sure. So good that God is in control. Thanks for this positive post. We will all get through this tough time together!

Elizabethd said...

Nice tie-dye!
I liked the Secrets of Paper and Ink very much too.

Debi said...

I'm a child of the 70s so I love your tie dye shirt! We are "hunkering down" and staying home as much as possible. Praying every day that this crisis will pass soon and that common sense will prevail. Stay safe and healthy!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

**Trusting in the One who has the last word** is the place to be. Have a nice week ~ FlowerLady

Kezzie said...

Yes, trusting in God is the way to be!!! I like your tie-dye! My Mum tie-dyed all her boring-looking knickers recently!!!! TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom! This whole guarantine thing might have a good side — to sit back and slow down. That is what I am going to do!

Gumbo Lily said...

I trust HIM too. I'm glad to hear you are carrying on and enjoying your days to the upmost. God bless you.

Henny Penny said...

Your posts always make me feel better. Don't you just love big fat Robins. They remind me of growing up in the 1950's...I don't know why. You look good in the tie dyed shirt. I've never been crazy about tie dyed but did find a purplish colored tie dyed skirt at the thrift store once and wore it a lot.

magsmcc said...

Very wise words and love-filled words. Perhaps we need Blogland more than ever now. Not just its connections, but its gentle philosophies, and its joy x

happyone said...

Nice to see all your photos. Love the Robin!!

Jeanie said...

What beautiful daffs! And a robin. You definitely have some spring thing going!

I'm reading (I brought back 28 books from Canada!), needlefelting and doing my best to take care. You do, too.

Lisa Richards said...

Singing to each other from their balconies! I LOVE that! :)
That novel sounds good. Might have to add it to my list.
The Lord is good and trustworthy. I pray the world will see that.
Good to avoid too much news and keep looking to Him. I know you are!
Love you, friend!
Hey! I think these blog comments are our way of singing to each other from our balconies!

ellen b. said...

So good that we have a trustworthy God. You are wise to avoid too much news. So many speculations. God will bring us through this. I have to admit I'm saying Lord come quickly more and more these days. I'm sending my social distance hug your way!!

M.K. said...

What a sweet and encouraging post! Aren't we fortunate, at this time, to have the means to communicate with each other so often and so well? Blogs, youtube channels, facebook, etc. We can use them for encouragement and comfort. Stay well, PomPom, and enjoy the coming spring! Those daffies look so happy.

Followers