Thursday, March 19, 2020

Cheerful Things

 Hello out there! It's dumping snow right now and it is expected to keep coming down until the wee hours  of the morning tomorrow. We often get these spring snows. Happy first day of spring!
 I have lots of wool, but I'm meant to be sewing.  Guess what?  I'm a slow seamstress.  Almost four jumpers/dresses are finished.  I am not a factory.
 Remember when I made this fairy bed and then Birdie took it to her garden?  Maybe you could crawl inside and have a nap.  I'm sure the birds would sing you a lullaby.
 Even though it is snowing now, I know that soon the flowers will fill the garden and fuzzy bumblebees will join the fun.
 I have a major blockage in relation to cross stitch.  I can't seem to get going on it again and these are old projects.  I really wonder when I had the time to cross stitch back in those hurried family years.  I did.  There is more time than we think, right?



 I didn't buy lavender when I saw lovely pots of it at two grocery stores.  I think I will next time I go.  I'm staying away from stores and shops for the next few days because we have lots of stuff and have no real need to go.
 

I haven't forgotten about Jolly.  His journey is brewing in my mind and I shall make his book one day when inspiration strikes.  I know there isn't a big hurry, but he would be a fun visitor for the hostesses to find in their mailbox.  
Take care, sweet friends.  Thank you for calling in.   


Perfect love casts out fear.  Perfect love is poured upon us. 
 

14 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How nice to read such a cheerful post, when the world seems so full of doom and gloom.
I have had to give up my Cross stitch days now, sadly.

happyone said...

Those jelly beans sure made me smile. :)
Your cross stitch made me feel like getting some of mine out to do. I have a few kits that have been sitting around a long time.

ellen b. said...

You have many hand to hand skills that should keep you busy in these isolation times. I'm so thankful for blogging and bloggers who keep on so we can see and hear what life is like in other areas from our own. Also it's good to know that our bloggy friends are safe.

Julie said...

Everything looks beautiful & bright & happy. Thank You dear Pom Pom xx

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello - I just had a text from my sister in Centennial and she said it was a blizzard there! I do remember the spring snows in Denver from my childhood growing up there. We had rain today here in SLC and more snow in the mountains. No skiing though - the resorts are all closed. I, like you, seemed to do more craft projects when I was a busy mom with little ones, than I do now. Thanks for this upbeat post. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm not going to the stores in the near future either. We have enough of the staples for now. I'll see if the craziness in the stores has abated.
Your cross stitch squares are so nice. One day you'll find a use for them. I've seen cloth bags with inserts of cross stitch on the sides. And you sew so well too!!
Take care. Stay well.

GretchenJoanna said...

At the moment I’m trying to warm up my cold bed that I just climbed into SO late after writing about snow myself, and I’m not enjoying reading about your snow, so I’m glad you put that pic of jelly beans in there for people like me!! ❤️

Jeanie said...

Love that yarn! and the cute fairy bed. I should have bought jelly beans before the great confinement. Ah well, maybe it's just as well I didn't -- they'd be gone before Easter!

Lisa Richards said...

Perfect love casts out fear! Amen!
Nice to see your cross-stitch pieces from long ago. When my kids were very little I did some of that, plus I loved to design patterns. One day I put it all away because I realized I wasn't paying enough attention to the kids. I was really addicted! Anyway, I took up artwork in its place after the kids got much bigger. :)
I'm pretty well set for groceries and such, too. So, like you, I'll stick close to home.
Happy sewing! :) XXOO
Oh, and have fun creating the Postman book!

elizabeth said...

so many lovely things here! and thank for the wonderful verses!

Lynn said...

Perfect love casts out fear, indeed!
This is a beautiful post, as usual. Thanks Karen.
Your cross stitch is beautiful. I am crocheting a rainbow baby blanket at the moment. My days are quiet but busy and filled with colour.
Love to you and yours. x

Gumbo Lily said...

I found this quote yesterday and thought it was sweet.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
~John Muir

Thanks for the cheer! The Peace of Christ be to you.

Kit said...

So good to hear you are doing well. Ahhh Jelly Beans, love them. I haven't picked up a cross stitch in years. I think I may give it a go again. Yours are great! You take care and germ free. Kit

M.K. said...

What beautiful yarn that is! I love just looking at yarn. I also did cross-stitch years ago. It was a popular thing for young women, but I found it tedious. My daughter has now taken it up, and I'm glad. I prefer things that finish faster :)
That tiny bed looks lovely. Sometimes I think it would be easier to be a little critter rather than a great big human! I'd crawl into that tiny bed and take a snooze.

Followers