Monday, November 27, 2017

Early Advent

 I promise to make a video of Tim actually walking around so you can see that he isn't suffering from iron poor blood.  He's just a snuggle bug through and through! 

 Going back to some of my cross stitch projects that are fifteen years old (or so) is interesting.  I can see my flub ups but I don't care.  Yay!  I just keep going.  I like the orderliness of cross stitching.  I also like the patterns, supplies, and thread colors.  It's so fun and a nice little change of pace from knitting, but I still love to knit. 
 Jeff is crafty.  He built a wood tunnel in the dining room of their house.  It's fun to crawl through!  (not for Granny, of course)

 We started our family advent times early.  Next week Bird and Miss Bug sing in the Colorado Children's Chorale's Christmas concert on Sunday night.  I can't wait to see them and hear them crooning Christmas tunes with all the other children! We'll have to skip our advent gathering and resume the following Sunday. 
 The kids are SO cute dancing to the guitar playing and singing jingle bells.  (I'll put a video of them dancing at the end of this post!)
Noah LOVES the guitar! 
 Sorry for the blur but aren't Jeff and Christie adorable watching their boys dance? Sorry my Croc-ed foot is in the photo!  😃

 The weather is in the 70's, so it's gorgeous outside and I am not in the mood to put up the Christmas tree when it's so balmy outdoors.  I walked down to the grocery store and found this by the greens and trees that are for sale.  It's a pinecone on a stick!  It made me laugh because it reminds me of a caramel apple!
 I added it to some greens and baby's breath. 
 Our old realtor brought by a lovely poinsettia!  
 We still have some leftover Thanksgiving blooms.  

It's still November but I'll be geared up for holiday decorating soon.  I want to use some Santa fabric my friend Reve gave me and make a curtain for the dining room window.  I want to frame the Father Christmas cross stitch projects, too.
I sewed this morning!  I made some pants out of denim.  (I guess we could call them jeans😏) and they are kind of wide, but comfy.  They are in the dryer right now, but I'll take a photo.  My next sewing project is a linen polka dot dress.  After that I'll try the blouses. 
I wish I was a fast painter because I want to paint our entry way.  I also want to remove the wallpaper borders and make some pretty curtains for under the shelves.  I am still intent on turning the family room into a photo from Brambly Hedge.  
Enjoy the last of November, sweet friends.
December will be LOTS of FUN and very good, very holy.
Thank you for popping in again!
(BIG HUG!)


22 comments:

Deb said...

Your grands are so adorable. And it's a relief to know that Timothy does have workable legs. :) xo

magsmcc said...

I remember the days when you used to leave comments chez moi about how it was all buzzy and energetic and productive- wow! You are doing it all! I ma sniffling and staying warm and drinking honey and lemon "tea"!!

Granny Marigold said...

The grands are just too cute!! And Timothy can do amazing contortions!! The positions he sleeps in are hilarious.
You have projects lined up and are so full of plans...you inspire me although I don't do handwork any more. Lots of other things are still possible.

Susie said...

I love the little dancers. We had some at our thanksgiving gathering. I know you enjoyed your family time. Me too. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Lisa Richards said...

You are such a jolly and musical family! The Chorale concert should be exciting for everyone. :)
Yes, I'd like to see Tim actually walking. He's pretty good at sleeping, but I think that's pretty much par-for-the-course with cats, eh?
Have fun with all your Christmas craftiness. I look forward to seeing your finished projects.
Here's to getting into the Christmas spirit!
(You gals are all getting so tech savvy with your videos! My little flip phone doesn't even know how to do that!) :)

NanaDiana said...

Lots and lots of stuff going on at your place, Karen! It sure keeps life interesting, doesn't it? Those kids are as cute as can be. Good for you for working on all those projects. I put cross-stitch away several years ago and haven't touched it since. I did like doing it though.
I hope you have a great week- xo Diana

happyone said...

Your house seems like such a fun place to be. : )
Always lots of great things happening there!!

M.K. said...

What fun music and dancing! Your posts are so colorful, Pom, and so joyful. Timmy looks quite content. Enjoy working on your old stitching, that will be a good feeling of accomplishment. Oh - and I do love that tunnel! What a good daddy he is. They will have so much fun with that.

ellen b. said...

Love to see how y'all enjoy life together. You are building strong family bounds and memories.

ann said...

Such activity, Karen. The children do bring life to a quiet home. The babies are adorable and growing. Kitty has quite the life. Reminds me of my little tabby Jasmine who was such good company. Enjoy the holidays. (PS I have cross stitch project that you could finish, too. -:)

Jeanie said...

You remind me -- I have to finish a scarf fast! What fabulous photos. Looks like a glorious family time together.

Farm Girl said...

I have a tiny bit more to do, I am still thinking about it. I am so glad you are cross stitching again. Its different now don't you think, I just say, its for me so who is even going to notice the mistakes.

I hope you have a lovely day, Its so sweet seeing all of the cutie pies. Such happy kids. That is all that matters.

Blessing to you today. We had frost this morning. December is on its way.

Henny Penny said...

You have such a sweet family! I enjoyed the little video.

Kezzie said...

Your blooms are lovely!
The sight of Timothy is always a wonderful thing! That cat is so relaxed!

GretchenJoanna said...

Will you turn your grandchildren into mice to fit in with the family room decor?

A blessed Advent to you, PomPom!

Julia said...

There's nothing like seeing the grandkids dancing and having so much fun. Being a grandma has it's perks. They are adorable.

Timothy is a sleepy head. I only see him napping .lol. He knows he's love and feels secure. That's beautiful.

I haven't started decorating for Christmas yet but the house is guest ready and family will be here on Saturday. I may get a chance to start decorating for Christmas and on Sunday, a big family dinner.

Love your beautiful Poinsettia.
Hugs, Julia

Debi said...

Such sweet grands you have!Aren't they wonderfully entertaining?

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I smiled and smiled as I watched the video! My kids loved to dance to music too and it brought back such good memories of our kids when they were that size. Whatever makes them grow so fast? Lol! So glad you are enjoying this beautiful holy season of worshiping our Lord! Give Timothy an extra pat for me, he is just precious! Hugs to you :)

Gumbo Lily said...

Good job, Granny and Grandpa! Nice singing and such fun for family Advent times.

Kit said...

Look at that cat! Now he has the right idea. My two cats are sound asleep right now, one curled up on my unmade bed and the other in her favorite hiding spot in the armoire. That makes a perfect time for me to start decorating the Christmas tree. :) Kit

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You are so blessed in your family. And I love the snugglebug kitty too of course. Have a beautiful Advent with your family and thank you for all your happy and colorful blog posts that bring light and cheer to the rest of us. Blessings!

Marcie said...

Love this post and thought I had commented already, but do not see it here. Hope your December is filled with blessings!

Followers