Monday, October 2, 2023

Pom Pom's Pumpkin Patch

Wow!  October!  I had a busy September because we started Bible study which meets once a week AND we had three birthdays!  Everyone came for my birthday and I had so much fun!  There are 21 of us!  Also, CB's boyfriend came and he is very fun.  Jeff and Christie gave me the dishes above.  We used them last night.  Is that kind of a funny dinner?  We're kind of plain - hamburger patties and soup. Coleslaw.  Hmmmmm.

You know how I didn't have much in the way of growing things planned for this year because Bill needs a break from fall clean up?  Yes, well - it's been kinda sad not having an abundance of plants so we have to figure out something for next year. I did buy two pumpkin plants at the nursery way last June and LOOK!  They are huge and I have quite the pumpkin patch!



I do have a small zinnia bed and I'm so happy about it.  Next year I want more, more, more!
I subscribed to a local veggie/fruit box and it involves a lot of cooking to keep up with all the yummy freshness.  I got a Japanese knife for my birthday and it really makes chopping a fun experience!  LOL!
Aria and Atticus came for a weekend and we swam at Kelli's and did other fun things.  It was so delightful to have them. They are very nice people.

I found a new hairdresser while I stayed with Jenny's dogs.  I love her!  My hair looks more silvery here because of the light.  It's actually whiter than this.  

I'm off to stay with James and Noah for a few days while their parents have a nice anniversary trip.  After that it will feel like the holidays. I know, I am jumping ahead, but I already ordered some holiday quilts to use as kitchen curtains and I've been looking for an additional Christmas tree.  I think our fall here is going to be gorgeous and I look forward to November because Jenny and I are going to visit my mom.

What are you up to?  Are you well?  I hope so!  Have you been thinking deep thoughts or feeling good feelings?  Do you have any new insights?  I hope you'll share them if you do! 

Thank you for popping in.  You're so nice to do so!  Sending heaps of love your way!  xo
 

16 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Those pumpkins came from your patch?? They are amazing! Well, they are amazing to me because I have never been able to grow one pumpkin of any size or type! I tried a couple of times, and from now on I am going to focus on growing smaller squashes like kabocha and butternut. This year I didn't even buy a pumpkin for decoration. I am thinking of retreating upstairs to the back of the house on Halloween, and turning off the lights. That way, I won't have to buy any candy, and it won't be around to tempt me. And I won't have to feel so bad about not having pumpkin decorations.

elizabeth said...

Very cute pumpkins!! Fun haircut 😍 I am learning a lot... including that Christ’s commandments in the Gospel....that obeying them is truly building one's house in rock instead of sand! Always love your posts!

Granny Marigold said...

Happy October, dear PomPom! And a belated happy birthday 🎈🎈🎈
I like your hair, the colour and also the cute cut. It suits you.
I love your enthusiasm for the holidays and I hope you'll find time to post about the holiday quilts that you plan to use as kitchen curtains. This intrigues me.
Autumn Blessings, GM

Angela said...

Love the haircut! I've not yet succeeded with growing pumpkins or squash. Do post a picture of your Japanese knife, please!

Elizabethd said...

Pom Pom, your hair looks absolutely stunning!

Between Me and You said...

Look at you Miss Glamourpuss! Your hair is amazing and I love that shade of lipstick on you. Be proud of your pumpkins patch!!xxx

M.K. said...

Your pumpkins are so pretty! This year I decided to focus on potted plants on my back deck/stairs/porch. Lots of big potted plants full of impatiens and begonias. They have bloomed all summer and fall so far! Easy peasy. I can't do that hot summer gardening/weeding.
Your new hairdo is fabulous and looks so good on you! Have a lovely, warm and cozy autumn with those you love, PomPom :)

Susan from Ohio said...

What a great haircut. And I love the color. Glad you 've been busy with lots of grandchildren time. Thanks for this cheerful post.

ellen b. said...

So good to hear from you and see what you have been up to. Those dishes are fun! Cute haircut. You are a busy and helpful lady for sure. Many deep thoughts around here working on being a grateful believer for all that we have because of Christ!

happyone said...

You've been very busy and having fun times.
Love your dishes and the pumpkin patch too.

Jeanie said...

Every year I keep thinking I should plant pumpkins and every eyar I don't. I'm really impressed with yours -- they look terrific. Sounds like busy times. Welcome back to the blog!

Henny Penny said...

You do have a wonderful pumpkin patch! Now why didn't I think to plant a pumpkin seed or two! Oh, happy belated birthday. The zinnias are so pretty. I had only one little patch of zinnias and they volunteered and came up in the garden. You have beautiful silvery hair. I love it!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Pom Pom! I want a pumpkin patch! I might have to think about that for next year! Love your dishes too and your meal looks lovely, not plain!

Farm Girl said...

such lovely pumpkins! What a busy September you had. Your hair is just so cute.
It looks so pretty and I love those pretty dishes.

Gumbo Lily said...

Hi Pom Pom! Happy Birthday! Happy October and happy pumpkins! I had a bunch this year too. So fun. Your haircut is adorbs. The color is spectacular. Sending love your way.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's a great pumpkin patch and another thing that's great is your hair!
Love the cut and colour, the style suits you.

Enjoy your October days.

All the best Jan

Followers