Thursday, June 29, 2023

In Summer

Jenny's family bought an above ground pool so they can cool off just outside their patio door.  It's very cold and when I stay with the girls and the dogs in a couple of weeks I am going to take a polar plunge or two.  I like seeing ladies in the UK go swimming in the sea, even in winter!  I like the after part, when they bundle up on the beach and drink coffee. Does it sound fun to you? 
It's a good time for walks and bike rides.  We've had a lot of rain so everything is green!




A sweet friend came over for a tea party lunch.  I have been receiving a vegetable box for a while and they include edible flowers, so I put flowers on her plate and a squash blossom in her soup.  Funny!  We tasted the squash blossoms and considered tasting the other flowers, but we just looked at them.

 

We have had a little slipping and a little sliding going on here.  Weeeeeeee!

I've had the memory blanket pattern for a while and you're supposed to use leftover yarn to make it, but I ordered a bunch of acrylic yarn to make mine.  The directions were easy in some ways and challenging in other ways.

 I'm glad I've been riding my bicycle.  I love it so much.  

I've been doing a study titled Grace Filled Plate.

I'm happy that you popped in.  Thank you!

15 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How tempting that pool looks!

ellen b. said...

Good to hear from you, dear lady! Looks like summer is being kind in your part of the world. Can you believe it's the end of June tomorrow!? Yikes. Take care and enjoy your time in that cold pool!

Debi said...

Looks like you are having some very summery weather! I would not be inclined to take a polar plunge but I have gotten in our pool when the water is in the 70s. I much prefer it at 80 though!

happyone said...

No, swimming in the cold ocean in winter does NOT sound like fun to me. :)
Love the blanket you are knitting.
Would you share the pattern?

Gretchen Joanna said...

When we had a pool it was never heated -- so, I personally could not enjoy getting in unless the air temperature was 80 and above. The post-dip coziness was never enough to overcome my aversion.

But I know you are made of sturdier stuff, and it's a pleasure to envision you doing the summery thing! <3

Between Me and You said...

Wild swimming's not for me, especially in wintertime! Please don't go in the pool on your own. I love the blanket. Might give it a go, if I can ever find the time lately! xxx

Susan Z from Ohio said...

That blanket is delightful. I love, love the colors. As for James, my goodness! He's grown so tall. Little boys stretch into lanky adolescents in a flicker of a spark.

You have such a charming life. It makes me happy to know that you've had plenty of time for riding your bike.

elizabeth said...

lovely moments! :)

M.K. said...

Hello, Pom Pom! That pool looks very inviting. It's super hot in Mississippi right now, where I'm visiting my daughter. Heat index of 117 today. Ugh! Your mitred square blanket is so pretty! That's a fun pattern for using up bits of yarn. The tea party is lovely :)

Lisa Richards said...

The slip and slide brings back memories and the pool sounds so refreshing! Yes, I like to hear Mags's reports of swimming in the frigid sea. Not sure I'm brave enough, but...
Happy bike riding!
Thanks for offering your prayers a while back. Sorry I keep forgetting to respond! I'm not sure what specifically I need prayer for physically, but the Lord knows. So any mention in your prayers is appreciated. Mostly tired, off balance and a little down at times. Don't want to take meds, so going to the doctor would be a waste of her time and mine. Thanks!! :)

Granny Marigold said...

Your tea party lunch with a friend and edible flowers sounds delightful. Not so delightful ( for me) would be a plunge in a cold pool.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and a fun 4th of July. Tomorrow my family will come over and we'll have a big BBQ for Canada Day 💖💖

Julia said...

The kids sure know how to enjoy summer. That water slide looks like a lot of cooling fun.

Hugs, Julia

Bonnie K said...

My nieces love borage flowers in our picnic wraps. Your tea party sounds lovely. The slip and slide looks fun. When we were in Denmark it was a bit cool, but there were many people who went to the beach for their daily swim. One of my favorite pictures is of an older couple cuddling in there robes and a blanket with a thermos of coffee after there chilly swim.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Lowcarb team member said...

The grandchildren went swimming in the sea recently, they loved it.

Happy July wishes.

All the best Jan

Followers