Tuesday, May 9, 2023

May!

Hello!  I've been working on a slide show for an end of the year Bible study celebration and I realized that I have really lost some "know how" and some skills because I don't mess around with photos as much as I used to.  I think it's the iPhone's fault😂 because I really did love loading photos from my nice camera onto my laptop and then I loved editing.  I was always on the lookout for something lovely to photograph and it was fun!  So, now that most of my responsibilities are finished for the time being, I might try to learn some things, like photo editing, video editing, and other fancy things!
We have a funny take on gardening this year.  We are going to try to stay ahead of the "volunteer" growth.  I use the Hula Hoe to discourage the plentiful seedlings.  It just gets to be too much and too jungle-y. When it's time to clean up the yard to prepare for winter, Bill ends up having to do the heavy lifting, digging and pulling.  He doesn't find that fun, so we are going to keep things slim and trim.  Try.
Right now it's apple blossom time and WOW!  Don't you love the blossoms?
It's also time for birds. I was mad at the squirrels because they were being quite greedy and swinging on the feeders, knocking them to the ground and scattering seeds everywhere.  I hung two little thistle sacks for the finches in place of the black sunflower feeders, but so far there are no takers.  Boo.
I've had a bad cold and my taste buds are tired.  Does that happen to you?  I think I should choose things that taste very good to me like tomato soup and Goldfish crackers. 

 AND cherries!  I keep forgetting to buy cherry juice.  I hear it is very good for us.  Sometimes cherries make my stomach hurt, but sometimes they don't.  Aren't they beautiful anyway?

Tea is nice for colds, so maybe I can make a dent in my tea supply.
I feel a bit free as a bird because some of my busy things that needed to be attended to are finished for the year. It's sort of like the end of the year when I taught public school.  The gift of time is truly a gift!

What are YOU up to?  Are you well?  Are you reading a lot? Are you making things?  Are you growing?

Thanks for popping by!  (BIG HUG!)
 

13 comments:

happyone said...

Always nice to read one of your happy posts. :)
Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get your taste back soon.
The apple blossoms are beautiful and what a bright blue sky.
I love cherries.
I'm doing all my usual things, walking, reading, knitting, and making baby blankets.

Anne M Robinson said...

Always reading and today is a rainy day and cold and gray. I may get a book out soon. I saw your post and tada...here I am. Love the comment about your tea supply. My daughter Rebekah says to me, mother you do not need anymore tea. hahaahaha

Love your pretty photo shares.

HUGS across the miles

ellen b. said...

Good to see your post pop up. Glad to hear you are finishing off your yearly things well. It is good to have a bit of relief from responsibilities this time of year. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you are tip top soon. Yes, I do love blossoms. I am well and enjoying my Bible reading and devotionals and an older book on Doctrine. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Julie said...

The gift of time really is a gift indeed dear Pom Pom. Your photos are always beautiful to me ... I use Fotor to edit my photos - its a freebie & easy to navigate. I hope you get over your cold soon my lovely friend xx

Granny Marigold said...

Having more time to do what we want to do is so wonderful. I hope you have a pleasant and not too busy month of May.
I'm always battling the jungle of volunteers too. I can't do as much as I used to but tomorrow youngest son is coming to help me again. He gets things done quickly and then I feed him. *smile*

Gretchen Joanna said...

I'm so happy for your new freedom -- even freedom to take time to be sick! I'm pretty sure I know how you feel: Tomorrow I am free of responsibilities to other people, after a string of very busy days. But I have a sort of responsibility to my own goal of purging and organizing the whole house, so I am not letting myself go wild with new projects ;-)

I will very much enjoy doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen thoroughly, on my "day off." I have been reading a LOT, but most of it has been audio while doing kitchen work or on the treadmill.

Love to you, Pom Pom. <3

Lowcarb team member said...

Sorry to read that you are under the weather, hope you feel better soon.

May is a wonderful month with the lovely blossoms and plants flowering.
Enjoy the coming weekend.

All the best Jan

elizabeth said...

Oh dear I do hope you feel better soon!! Love your pictures 🥰❤️👍🙃😊

Bonnie K said...

You have been busy. I also enjoy taking photos and editing them, but my computer go so old and slow I quit. I finally had to use squirrel baffles on my feeders as our little red squirrels are very greedy and destructive. I hope you get feeling better. Maybe it is spring allergies.

Kezzie said...

Your posts always make me joyful (and are full of pink and red things!)
I am ok but I have a cough from abusing my voice at school all week so I am not 100% happy with it right now!
I like cherries very much. I was really sad to leave my childhood home as I had a cherry tree my Grandad had bought for me and it was huge by the time I left. We bought a little one recently but it has been munched on by something!
The goldfish crackers are so cute! I love them (mmm, souP!)
I am glad you have time! We have a week's holiday from school which I am VERY glad of!x

Julia said...

I also struggle a little with uploading and editing photos but if I really want to I can do it. In my last post, I didn't even edit my photos as I had temporarily forgotten one little step. I don't blog often because I'm so busy and at my age, it doesn't take long to forget. I discovered that my iPhone needs to be fully charged to upload photos on my MacBook Air laptop.
Your photos are always beautiful with lots of colors.

Enjoy the freedom that you earned. I'm trying to keep ahead of the weeds but I'm losing the battle. May is almost gone but it's still a bit cold so the bees are not very active.
Take care.
Hugs,
Julia

Latane Barton said...

I am reading a lot as always. I am streaming some great shows on Netflix but that's about it. Had breast cancer lumpectomy 2 weeks ago. Chemo coming up. Don't guess i'll be too energetic during that. bummer. Have a great weekend.

Haddock said...

tomato soup and Goldfish crackers. .... nothing can be better.

Followers