Thursday, April 13, 2023

Whatcha Doing?

Hello friends!  I hope you had a lovely Easter!  The weather was perfect here!  The kids roller bladed outside and ran around the yard.  No flowers yet.  Bill and I plan to keep things sparse in the garden because last year the cosmos and the sunflowers took over and it felt too cluttered.  We'll see how we do when stuff begins popping up!  I rode my bike the other day and went into all the nooks and crannies of the neighborhood and remembered how glorious it is to go down the hill!  Wheeeeeeee!
I'm planning a tea party for Monday. I have a meeting with the friends I do Bible study with.  We'll have scones and lots of whipped cream.  I'm going to have to consult my tea party, fika, and hygge books for a few more ideas. What's your favorite tea party food?
I hope you have some worthy tasks at hand and that you are enjoying the day to day doings that are set before you.  I'm having a friend join me for lunch today and then we'll go for a walk.  My walks have been very few and far between.

Tell me a few simple things you are going to do today.  I'm still fixating on "work" and what we do each day.  I'm nosy but also forever interested in how others order their day and jump into their work.  

Thank you for reading.  You're kind. 
 

12 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I had a busy and productive day yesterday ( blogged about it too) so today I'm tired and am taking it easy.
Favourite tea party food? Scones ( yes to lots of whipped cream) and cake!!!

M.K. said...

We're visiting family, so I'm spending all day being Nana. It's good to have a break from daily tasks at home. At a lovely tea, my favorite nibble is cucumber sandwiches.

happyone said...

I worked on my fences, went to a book club, sat out on the front porch, and had pizza for supper. :)

Favorite tea party food - shaped sugar cookies

Between Me and You said...

Had a Nana day yesterday. They're such fun to have around. Made me forget my woes of having a large car bill to pay today. Could've used the money to buy a ticket to Colorado! No kidding! Have a great weekend my lovely friend 💞

Between Me and You said...

Testing testing

NanaDiana said...

I am vegging out today and watching a couple of old movies. I have to bring my boston ferns inside that I just bought because we have SNOW coming. I am sick of this crazy weather. It sounds like you are going to have a delightful tea party. Wish I could join you. When I was little my auntie used to make colored butter sandwiches. White bread with butter colored with food coloring and cut into shapes. She was a simple country woman with not much money to spare and she took time to make things special for me and my cousin. I was blessed. xo Diana

ellen b. said...

Fun slippers! The last few days have been busy busy with family time at parties for little one and older one. I'm guessing your tea was today and I'm late for the party. Favorites are always the scones and clotted cream with raspberry jam. Happy week to you!

Gretchen Joanna said...

I always serve some fancy mixed nuts at tea parties to balance out the usual high-carb content.

You will have (or by now, have had) so much fun with your social events. And your fellow lunchers and tea-drinkers will come away refreshed in their spirits by your friendship. Much love to you, Dear Pom Pom <3

Lowcarb team member said...

Today was a housework day ...
Washing and ironing ...

Rewarded myself afterwards with a sit down, a good book and a cup of tea :)

All the best Jan

Lisa Richards said...

Good to hear from you Pom! I've been absent a lot here, too. Mostly I'm reading and watching YouTube. It's getting warm enough outside to walk, so I'll try to keep doing that. My body's getting a little weak and wonky in spots, but I'm trying to keep on keeping on. Enjoy the beauty of spring/summer! Hugs and love. :)

My Tata's Cottage said...

The words tea party always makes me smile. I need a tea party. I suppose a tea party for one will work don't you think?

Kezzie said...

Ooh, some jelly would soothe my throat! YUM!
In the holidays, my days are fairly aimless unless I have specific plans! Same with weekends!x

Followers