Sunday, January 22, 2023

Flowering Tea Pot

Thank you so much for giving me feedback on work! I took to heart every comment and felt richer for your input.  I just finished Becoming Elisabeth Elliot (thank you for the recommendation, Kim!) and her life was such a picture of work.  She (and other people) said to do the next thing which is excellent counsel, I think.

I know it sounds a bit shallow🤣 but one thing I am thinking about this morning is moving the family room furniture so that my "lazy spot" isn't so accessible.  Do you have a lazy spot?  I tend to study my Bible, knit, FaceTime, text, nap, snack, drink coffee, and write in the lazy spot, so I'll push myself and change it up a bit.  

I have a new mug obsession, Emma Bridgewater.  This isn't good because we can't buy them here, so you have to order them and that costs more than buying other mugs.  Oh well.  It will keep me from hoarding.

Look closely.  Can you see Bigfoot?  He's there and he's cold. We are having a solid winter here in Colorado.
Brad and April gave me this heart cup last year and this year they gave me a flowering teapot.  Isn't it pretty?  You place a ball of tea in the water and it blooms!  Lovely!

I share my heated throw with this one.  He loves to be warm.  It's his goal. 
I know I should purge our house of some of my favorite things but right now I am crazy about Beatrix Potter stuff and Little Women, so that's what's on the mantle.  I am going to Jenny's to stay with kids and dogs for 5 days and we are going to do Little Women things like talk about the book, have devotions, play with paper dolls, eat lime jelly beans, make soap and make beeswax candles.  I will take photos. Oh, and we might make gnomes because Christie and Jeff gave me a "make your own gnome" kit and even though it's not Little Women-y, it sounds fun, doesn't it?
My work today entails a bit of shopping, church, cooking, moving furniture, gathering things for my granny visit, maybe some ironing and reading. What have you been doing that you've really enjoyed?  Thank you for popping in to say hello, friend.
 

15 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Nothing quite as good as Beatrix Potter!

Angela said...

I had a lovely morning working with the children at church. We talked about rules and the ten commandments - and made models of Moses (with TP rolls) Then I made soup, and did some stitching... A lovely Sabbath

Granny Marigold said...

What a fun time you'll have taking care of grands and dogs too. Gnomes are so "in" right now but I've never felt drawn to them at all. I hope you make a lovely gnome with your kit.
I like your flowering teapot. How interesting.

happyone said...

Yes, I do see big foot at the bottom of the tree.

I have different places where I do different things. Read in one chair, have my devotions in a different place and knit in another. Most of it has to do with lighting.

Bonnie K said...

Wow! You are busy. I think it is good to have a lazy spot. My dog Ella likes to sneak into my spot. Silly dog. Have fun with your visit this week.

GretchenJoanna said...

You have been busy! Even your mind is busy figuring out how to be busier than is your habit. But after such fun as you will be having with those granddaughters, you might need to go back in your Lazy Corner again.

I gave myself some Gnome Christmas placemats this year, which I won't be using until next Christmas. I hope gnomes never go out of fashion. Somehow I associate them with Christmas because of the big Gnome Book my children gave me for Christmas one year... and there is lots of snow in there... I can't remember if the gnomes in the book celebrated Christmas.

Love... <3

elizabeth said...

Oh nice!!! Emma Bridgewater is lovely! I learned oof her via the vlogger Miranda Mills! What fun you are having! God surely is BLESSING us 🙏 ❤️

Between Me and You said...

Your lazy spot sounds divine. I'd love to sit in it and drink tea with you from your beautiful pot. Enjoy your visit.xxx

M.K. said...

Your knitting looks so cheerful! Have fun with your grandchildren doing all those lovely things. I do love Little Women and Beatrix Potter. Your mug is delightful and worth sending away for :) Stay warm in your winter wonderland!

ellen b. said...

We are back home from our DisneyCaliFam vacation so I have time to visit blogs again. Living with 10 people for a week changes your daily habits for sure. By now maybe you are home from your granny time filled with Little Women fun. I have found a couple Emma Bridgewater mugs at Goodwill believe it or not. Lately I purchased the one that honors Queen Elizabeth the II for my daughter in law and me. They are pricey! Hope the end of January is good in your neck of the woods!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Elderberry-Rob said...

have a lovely time child/pet and house sitting, all the crafts sound fun, I love Beatrix Potter and her lovely creations but also the fact that she was clever, scientifically minded and wrote a document that suggested she discovered that fungi multiply by spores, her papers weren't taken seriously a the time and others took credit for her findings I think - what an incredible woman and all that land that she gave to our beautiful National Trust in the UK - she had no idea of her own wealth, let alone the value of her works :) I have a mug from her house that I won in a blog swap years ago. I think it's a good idea to move your cosy spots, I do, nothing wrong with enjoying them but when you move things you appreciate them more I find.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I can’t wait to see your photos!

Kim said...

Some of those Emma Bridgewater mugs are too gorgeous! There are a few I'd love to own. Maybe someday. Oh, why would you want to mess with your lazy spot? It sounds perfectly lovely! 🤗

Lowcarb team member said...

You have been busy!
I do like Beatrix Potter :)

All the best Jan

Followers