Thursday, February 2, 2023

What We Did

My mom sent  me a bunny!  Isn't he cute with that little carrot?  Uh oh - I can sense  a bunny binge  coming on. (sorry my space bar is doing weird things and sometimes refusing to cooperate)

After I was at Jenny's house for several days, I went to Kelli's house, so this is Millie's cat. Doesn't she look like Tim?  


I decided to knit socks for Jeff for his birthday in April.  I ought to be able to finish them.  HOPE!
Staying with Sam, Liz, and the doggies was very fun.  Aren't the dogs cute?  They live such a lovely life and are allowed to lounge on the furniture.
Making soap was fun!  I'll choose a bigger glass container next time because mixing up the goat milk chunks was tough this time.  It smells very good!
When Liz saw me knitting, she felt like knitting, too.  She really gets it!  Yay!  Knitting is Little Women-y.

We decorated bucket hats with iron-on patches. We ate at Subway twice.  Sam orders just ham and cheese and Liz orders JUST lettuce, cucumbers, and pickles on bread.  I choose tuna almost every time I go to Subway.

We discussed Little Women over dinner (frozen pizza) one night.  We talked about characters, favorites, most important, ect.  It was fun!  Lizzy and I took turns reading paragraphs and that was delightful.  It was just right.

February is full, with birthdays and another dog sitting stint.  At the end of February we are going to Thailand for a meeting.  That will be a fun thing to do together and it will be wonderful to meet with youth workers from all over Asia.  

Thank you for your input regarding my cozy spot.  I love your thoughts, your suggestions.  So far, so good.  I put a brighter curtain in my study so I can work on spending more time in that environment.  I need a night stand but I'm not exactly sure where to find one that fits in the small space, on my side of the bed. I also need a reading lamp there.  I like reading while perched on our bed.

 

Today I am going up to Morrison to meet a friend for brunch.  She is very cheerful and very funny, so I am really looking forward to spending time with her.  This is Miss Bug's 14th birthday!  She's a little groundhog.

I have continued to make a list of what I spend my time doing (work) during the day and I anticipate learning more about what is my natural tendency to do as time goes on.  Meeting with people and talking to people occurs on almost every day's list.  Knitting is consistent.  Ironing.  Cooking.  I'll report back.🙂

 

You know, I always love hearts, but even though it is the love month, I think I'm going to focus on stars.  This morning I read in Matthew 2 (Today's English Version) about the visitors from the east. It says, "How happy they were, what gladness they felt, when they saw the star."

I love that!  I shall think on stars, especially THAT star.  

What is something that you do every day?  Something besides brushing your teeth or going for a walk?  Would it surprise you if you saw something appearing every day on your list that you hadn't given a whole lot of thought to as far as the frequency of it?  Do tell.

God be with you.  Stay warm or if you live down under, enjoy your flowers.  I am enjoying the pictures of the Australian and New Zealand summer.  

 

xoxoxo
 

10 comments:

Latane Barton said...

What do I do every day? I check out the osprey nest that sits atop the cell tower just across the pond even though I know those osprey wont get here for months yet.

happyone said...

Fun times. :)
Love the little bunny that your mom sent you.
Here's 3 things I do every day.
Blog
Read my Bible
Write down what I eat

Granny Marigold said...

Millie's cat could be Tim's identical twin!! The bunny your mom sent looks like it's so very soft and cuddly. My real live bunny is middle-aged by now but doing very well. She gets a heat lamp for days when the night temps are below freezing.
Something I do every day is clean her cage and give her food & water. Also take care of the cat that adopted us last summer. She's decided to stay here even though I am not a big fan of the holes she digs in my flowerbeds.
Take care and keep knitting,

ellen b. said...

That's sweet that your mum sent you that bunny. You are one busy grandmother to kids, cats, and dogs! Sweet face on that cat. Thailand, that will be a change of pace for sure! Enjoy that adventure. Hmm...what do I do everyday, devotions, blogging, feeding the birds, communicating with loved ones, watching too much Poirot.

Gretchen Joanna said...

hmmm... I've been thinking of tracking my activities, too. I write a few of them in my planner as to-do, and then check them off, but many hours do not get written in there.

The question, What is something I do every day? is also one I have been asking myself. I want to build more of the every-day sort of habits, something beyond eating and sleeping! January I tended the fire and carried firewood *almost* every day... Basically, I would like to be a more habitual type person. Lord, have mercy!

Kim said...

Looks like a nice time with all the visiting and hanging out with other animals. You always have so much fun to report. Daily things here are so boring. One daily I do enjoy is opening the curtains so I can check out the bird feeders. Always something interesting to see out there. Happy weekend, Pom! ❤️

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Happy hellos sweet Pom! Always a delight to drop by and "visit" with you. Your blog is so full of wonderful things, precious memories being made most importantly! Love the time you spent with your grandchildren, and fun outings too. How wonderful to get to visit Thailand! Thinking about things I do every day - I just posted a little snapshot of my day on my blog. In winter, I definitely spend more time indoors, and on house projects. I am also spending more time visiting precious blogging friends too, which is such a delight! I pray you have a blessed and lovely weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww I do like the bunny that your mom sent you :)

A fun post to read.
Enjoy your February days.

All the best Jan

Lisa Richards said...

I take a daily walk in Israel via a YouTube channel called Relaxing Walker. I've watched so many hours I truly feel like I know my way around. It's a real blessing since I probably won't get there in this life. (But I will see the NEW Jerusalem!) This was a fun and cozy post. Thanks for your inspiration. I need to quit being lazy about posting! Love and hugs!

Bonnie K said...

So awesome that your granddaughter knits! Every morning I sit on the couch with a cup of coffee and pet my dog, Ella. It brings me peace. Then I do Wordle. My husband and I have a competition to see who can get the answer with the least guesses.

Followers