Thursday, March 3, 2022

Butterfly

Hello!  I knit and knit and knit so I could get this butterfly in her cocoon made for a friend who is a new grandmother.  She is flying to Japan tomorrow to meet her granddaughter and I wanted to send it with her.  Do you like it? It's a Susan B. Anderson pattern. 
Look at this lovely set of mini skeins!  I'm not sure what I'll make with them, but the pinkness! LOVE!
We've been juicing!  Brad taught us how to do it. We bought a fairly inexpensive juicer.  The juice is full of good veggie and fruit vitamins.  It tastes like dirt, but Bill says it makes him feel good!  Beets make a lot of juice and up until now, I had not consumed a beet.  Change is good.
Little Mr. Faithful has been a tiny bit perturbed because a neighbor cat has been showing up at our door.  At first we thought he/she was cold and hungry, so we gave him bowls of kibble.  Now we see that the wanderer is getting fat, so I think he is just double dipping.  Tim gets furious when he sees this opportunist at the glass door.  We'll keep feeding the friend, because he is outdoors a lot.
I ordered an Emma Bridgewater mug.  My first.  LOVE!
It was SO cold last week, so I wore my cowl.  I do like it very much!
I've been so busy and finally I have a quiet day, so I am making chicken soup.  YUM!
My sweet friend, Kristi, gave me this adorable mug for Valentine's Day.  I am mug-rich. 
I brought this trifle to a Bible study dinner.  I love how pretty it is, but it's rich and a lot of creamy stuff to eat, so it's an "every now and then" type of dessert.  Don't you think so?
There's a lot of unrest in the world, in this world, but a better world exists.  Heaven will be a wonderful place, don't you think?

 About Jolly - well, he's joined the recreation center and honestly, he looks funny in his stretchy exercise shorts and his sneakers.  He has joined the Silver Sneakers club and he's made lots of friends.  I like to ask him to recollect his dates and I'm trying to get a bead on what he wants to do in regard to his love life.  I'm holding off drawing the name of the hostess that will decide his wifely destiny. Why?  I don't know.  He won't drink our juice, by the way.  He says it doesn't go with marmalade.  I shall buy him a kite, so he can get lots of fresh air.  He knows that he must pose with all the potential wives for one more Pom Pom post before he leaves forever.  He's pensive.  He's cautious.  He should be. It's fine.  Maybe we'll go for a bike ride today, before it snows again this weekend.  He loves tooling around the neighborhood.

God be with you, sweet reader.  I'm so glad you popped in!  xo

19 comments:

Susie said...

Well what a pretty girl you are:)I love the cowl. You are very talented with your knitting. Oh tell Bill, I truly laughed about his describing the juice flavor. Still laughing. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

Elizabethd said...

You are always so busy with your knitting! Cowls are so good in this weather. Hopefully now March is here it will be warmer.

Julie said...

I adore your butterfly dear Pom Pom. AND I adore your cowl. It is so pretty. We juice here too ... we leave all the skins on & everything goes in. I add a couple of slices of raw ginger as its so good for inflammation. An apple can add a bit of sweetness if it tastes not so nice. Have a lovely Friday dear friend. xx

Julia said...

Good for you for juicing. My husband had a juicing machine and only used it a few times. I have a Vitamix and I could make veggie, fruit, and berry drinks. My husband would love that.

That little butterfly is adorable.
Your Trifle looks tempting.

You are a pretty lady... and the cowl looks good on you. Since Covid, I stopped wearing eyeliner and lipstick and after two years, I feel that I no longer need them and I noticed a lot of my female friends also stopped wearing eyeliner and lipstick, so at least I'm not alone.

Two more mugs to add to your collection. I like the Robin one because it's a sign of spring.

Yes, our world is in a sorry situation. I keep praying, it's all I can do.

Take care and thanks for the update on Mr. Jolly. I was wondering about him.
Hugs, Julia

happyone said...

Love the cute little butterfly and your cowl is beautiful.
I'm not a fan of drinking vegetables. I'd rather chew them. :)
Yes, heaven will be more wonderful that we can even imagine!!!!

Granny Marigold said...

I like your Butterfly and I'm glad you got it done in time. The cowl is so pretty and useful for those of us who feel the cold more!!
Your new Emma B. mug is so cute and looks like it can hold a good amount of tea. I love teacups but they sure don't hold as much as mugs.

Henny Penny said...

I adore the little butterfly. It is the sweetest thing. Your cowl is so pretty and so are you Pom Pom. Oh and the Emma B. mug is really special.

GretchenJoanna said...

That is a DARLING butterfly. And you have some great mugs. I'm going to do a little mug research because of your prompt.

Farm Girl said...

What a nice post! I love your mugs! I really love your butterfly and its cocoon. Your cowl is so nice. That is a good picture of you.
Poor Tim!! I bet he does get angry. I know Max does.
I hope you have the best day.

Kezzie said...

Oh my, that butterfly is wonderful! You are so clever. Your cowl is beautiful too and what a treat to see you modelling it! So beautiful!
Poor Tim! How dare there be Cat-pretenders to his throne!!! The juicer sounds delicious! Mmmm! Good you are eating Beets too! I had some tonight at dinner!
The soup looks delicious too!
I can't wait to hear who Jolly chooses!
I agree, Heaven will be a better place!x

Elderberry-Rob said...

I do hope Jolly takes that hat off, lets those dreadlocks down and becomes a free spirit - no need to get tied down, he may want to travel (girl in every port?). You look very pretty in your photo :) and I like the idea of a butterfly in a cocoon.

ellen b. said...

I LOVE your butterfly and the cocoon...sooo cute!!
I have that Bridgewater mug. So sweet!
Too funny about Tim protecting his territory.
Good to hear from you. Enjoy that dirt...I mean juice. :)
Happy weekend to you.

magsmcc said...

You keep Jolly right there, safe with you! This is no time to be spreading our wings. Let's all stay home with trifles and mugs and Jesus.

M.K. said...

Your knitting is lovely, PomPom. The cowl looks so pretty on you! Bless Timothy; he doesn't want to share you with anyone else :) Spring is on the way!! Soon you'll be pulling your bright yellow bicycle out of storage!

Bonnie K said...

You look fabulous in that cowl! My grandma used to have two neighborhood cats that would spend the day at her house while their families were at work. I love the gift. You are so talented. It is always good when children get something that is homemade with love. Great post.

Kim said...

Your posts are always a delight, Pom. I think Jolly is too set in his ways to marry. You know how it is when we get older. 😄 He might meet some new girlfriends at those Silver Sneakers classes. 🥰 Hope you have a great rest of the week!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the butterfly, so cute and adorable.
I also like your cowl, it looks great on you.

Enjoy your days, my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Lisa Richards said...

Definitely looking forward to heaven! Your juice tastes like dirt? Ha ha. Good to know it's so healthy, right? Glad to see you're up to your usual cheery stuff. That butterfly is such a cute idea. Good luck with all the Jolly decisions! I bet he's ready to get back to his little cottage in the UK, eh? Hugs to you and yours! :)

Anne Robinson said...

Oh my goodness that trifle! I have a recipe for one my friend Sharon use to make. I lost her last May 19, 2021. But our middle daughter makes the trifle for special occasionas in memory of "Sharon's Trifle. It is similar and not something you can have often.

WOnderful to see you here again. Take care

Followers