Monday, May 2, 2022

This Happened

Well, hello long lost blog friends! I wrestled with photos so much that I finally had to condense my lofty plans and tell you the shocking news about Jolly!

First of all, I've been very busy with my volunteer activities, so I was the equivalent of a lazy mother and continued to drop Jolly off at the rec center where he participated in the Silver Sneakers program.  I had noticed that he had grown kind of secretive.  Well, our Jenny and I flew up to Washington to see my mom and when I came back he was GONE!  Bill didn't know much, but Jolly told him he had some personal affairs to take care of and he'd be away for a few days.  WHAT?  

I wondered if he was taking some time away to think and ponder about choosing a wife.  These girls were top notch.

 

The girls Lisa found were incredible!

Heather's dates were so friendly!
 

 

 
Mag's women were brilliant!
 
Annie's gals were sophisticated and savvy!   

 

 MK's girls had so much personality and were so easy to talk to!

Angela's ladies were smart and classy!
But Jolly met Elizabeth at the rec center and they fell in love!  She's from England and she flirted with him from the very moment they met.  She kept moving his hand weights from his spot during weight training.  She'd wait until he went to get a drink and snatch them very quickly so she could chuckle at him as he looked bewildered.  She "accidentally" bumped into him at Zumba.  He invited her for a cup of tea and she politely declined because she had to take her cat Charles to the vet.  He asked again and she said yes.  Here's the other thing, they eloped! So they are married and we've been trying to get them ready to depart for . . .  you guessed it - England!  They want to live near Angela, so they are heading her way sometime this week.  Elizabeth is named after Queen Elizabeth.  She wants to arrive in England for the Queen's jubilee.  She's tiny and very polite and soft spoken, so it's quite surprising that she chose to pursue our Jolly!  He is SO in love.  They go for long walks to view the spring blossoms. They insist on PG Tips tea.  She's knitting him a new sweater. 
It won't take long to pack because Elizabeth has very few possessions.  She's lived here in Denver for fifteen years working as an administrator for a theater company.  She said it was a fun job because she got free tickets to shows, but she only stayed because she loves her church.  Now she can't wait to return with her postman. I'm not kidding, they are so gaga over one another that it's slightly embarrassing.  

Here are Elizabeth's possessions: a rug shaped like a mouse (?) that she says her cat is very attached to, her grey cat Charles, her Bible, her knitting, and her bag.  She has a few skirts and sweaters, some exercise clothes, and very little make up.  She's very nice, very smart, and she's never been married. 


 

 

 The adventure is over for us, but just beginning for Jolly and Elizabeth.  The other gals are really okay with Jolly choosing outside our blog capers.  They were very gracious when I emailed them the news.  

I'll be back very soon.  I've been working on a slideshow for Bible study and I thought I had some tech abilities, but I do not. I think I need some more training.  I do love the blog world and I am going to be more present here now.  It's such a fun way to document things and I love looking back at my life via Pom Pom's Ponderings.

I hope you are all well.  Thank you for cheering for Jolly. If you want to send them a wedding gift, don't.  They are minimalists at this juncture.  They have plans to take lots of walks and Elizabeth wants to enjoy her country again. No baggage.  Even though I wanted to be a busybody and carry out my plans, I'm happy for them.

Talk soon!  

14 comments:

M.K. said...

Awww -- that's delightful! I think it's absolutely perfect that, after all our lady interfering, Jolly found his own lovely wife all by himself :) Perfect! And the lucky fellow gets to live in England! Wow!! Nice job, PomPom.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Wow! That is a great story of Jolly and now getting himself a wife. Living in England. That sounds delightful. I didn't know oyu were in Denver. We are in the suburbs. Northglenn. We are natives from Pueblo originally, both of us. Anyway so nice to see you here. You have been very busy. Enjoy the new week and take care.

Angela said...

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to him. So glad he's found somebody at last!!

GretchenJoanna said...

All those dates/girls!!! Jolly's life is fascinating, and I'm glad I got to check in on him a few times. Especially now when I could see all the women who have been involved. You creator women are the most amazing.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Glad to hear that Jolly has found a partner. No baggage is the best way to travel and start life, simple is best. I'm glad she has a cat.

Between Me and You said...

Was just thinking about you! Congrats Jolly and Elizabeth. A match made in Paradise! xxx

Farm Girl said...

That is so cute!! I am glad Jolly found such a cute wife. What amazing artwork.
I loved seeing it all. What a fun post!

Jeanie said...

What a darling post! I love all the "girls."

Lisa Richards said...

Hip hip hooray! What a delightful ending, and beginning to our tale! (I was a little nervous I might have to choose for him. Scary responsibility!) I guess he was quite capable all on his own. He just needed to wait for the perfect gal. It really is a good thing that you were a lazy mom and dropped him off at the rec center! Congratulations, love birds! :) And thanks for the fun, Pom!

Henny Penny said...

Such a cute story. Glad it has a happy ending for Jolly. Hurry back Pom Pom.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Oh, Pom Pom what a fun adventure — well done! And best wishes Jolly and Elizabeth!

Julia said...

Thanks for the update about Mr. Jolly. It came as a surprise that Elisabeth and Mr. Jolly had a secret romance and eloped to get married. What a happy ending for the lonely bachelor. Elisabeth looks like the perfect match for him. As a matter of fact, it looks like a match made in heaven.

I wish them a lot of great adventures and happiness.💐

Hugs, Julia

Julia said...

Thanks for the update on Mr. Jolly. What a pleasant surprise to learn that Mr. Jolly has found a wife.
It looks like a match made in heaven. I hope they will be very happy together. 💐

I wish them a lot of pleasant adventures and happiness.
Hugs,
Julia

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I hope Mr. Jolly is happy with his new wife and it will be a joy living in England! Nancy

Followers