Tuesday, November 2, 2021

End of October Thrills and a Jolly Update!

One of my sweetest friends took me to the Denver Botanic Gardens for a birthday treat!  There were skeletons everywhere!  

And my mama sent me tulips! Oh, they lasted a long time!  I love pink!

I finished the scrappy socks.  I bought these Simple clogs a while ago because years ago Kelli had some and I wore them, too.  I like how they look but they need to be broken in because they pop when I walk.  I don't like being a popper.

Noah Joe and James were excited for Halloween!

Aren't the Greek goddesses lovely?  Can you believe how they have grown?
Plum Cake got too cold trick or treating so she changed her clothes and then we found my childhood toe shoes.  She tried them on!  I was in fifth grade when I wore these and PC is small, but a third grader.  I was really a shrimp child and then in eighth grade I grew to my current size.  Funny!
We had chili and other stuff on Halloween night.  It was fun! Four of the grands had just performed in three nights of Newsies, so they were tired!
Here's Grampy watching Bigfoot videos with the boys!  Look at Noah's face!
And NOW . . . a Jolly update!  Go to Mags blog and read what he's been up to.  He now wears a kilt thanks to Annie!  He IS growing weary and Mags is giving him the freedom to go at his own pace.  His package of wife candidates is growing and we really think he's quite overwhelmed. We'll see what happens when he arrives stateside before Christmas!

Thank you ever so much for following Jolly's journey.  I am in awe of the hostesses because they all went above and beyond what little old me could ever have dreamed of!  Thank you to each and every one of them.  Such friends. 

And YOU are such a friend for reading my blog. Thank you!  Happy thankful month!  I am itchy for Christmas and I will decorate for it before Thanksgiving - I just know I will!

HEAPS of love to you!  YOU are just one of those people - easy to love.  (BIG HUG!)

11 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Excellent news. He really suits his kilt!! Those girls of yours are all so beautiful (boys too, of course!) and the family resemblance through you all is so remarkable. Only seems like yesterday when they were tiny tots! xxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

How lovely to see your big family and all the fun you have together :)
surprising that you have kept things like your ballet shoes for so many years! I dont think I have anything from my childhood days.

Kim said...

You're always such a ray of sunshine, Pom! So much joy in your life! Love this post! Happy Tuesday, my friend!

magsmcc said...

How have I survived the last year with so few doses of your colourful joy? You have reminded me that I bought some sock wool called 'Glittery fairy lights' a while ago from a range of Christmas sock wools. They were all on sale. In some parallel universe I'd whip a pair of wonky stripey socks up in no time. In this universe I'll just admire yours!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful Tulips. Where did your Mom find tulips in October?
Your grands are all growing up. Love the girls' dresses/outfits.
I'm itchy for Christmas too. I'm going to try to wait until after Nov. 11th to begin decorating but I must admit I've been listening to Christmas music already.

ellen b. said...

I apologize to Grampy cuz I read that as Grumpy and thought no one looks grumpy in that photo. Then I reread the sentence and saw that it said Grampy not Grumpy. Halloween is such a fun time for littles and some oldies, too. Glad you had a good time and that you had a good birthday, too. Happy November to you!!

GretchenJoanna said...

I keep having the urge to buy myself some flowers... then I think, all I need is the flowery flames of my wood stove. On Halloween I got home very late after church and talking to everyone and then shopping, and what did I come in to but the first fire of the season!

But - flowers wouldn't be too much, and some candles, and cozy throws... bring on the hygge!

happyone said...

What beautiful pink roses and I love your colorful socks.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely post, those tulips are beautiful.
Happy November Wishes.

All the best Jan

Sue McPeak said...

Look at you!!! What a great Sock knitter you have become...love them and the clogs, too. I so enjoyed seeing your 'Grands' and how much they have grown and are such a special part of your life...as always. Although I haven't been an active blogger for the better part of 2021, I have popped in once in awhile to see what has been going on in Pom Pom's World. I thought I should at least try and resume my blog before the end of 2021. I have missed it and my blogging friends. So glad to see you in the Blog World. Come see me!

M.K. said...

(The socks are clogs are so perfect for this time of year! You will have those clogs broken in and comfy in no time.)
I'm amazed at the photos of your grandkids, PomPom. We have watched them all grow up on your blog over the years. Those girls! They are such young ladies!! They could all be sisters :) I know you are proud and pleased with them all.

Followers