Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Sunshine

Halfway through June?  Wow!  It feels like the middle of summer around here!  The sun is hot and seeds are sprouting like crazy.  I think I planted every inch of dirt with a seed, a plant, or a bulb.  It will be a real jungle by August!  How is YOUR garden growing? My bright pink peonies were A+ this year!

Jenny, Samantha, Liz and I went to Washington to see family!  This is Nelson the goat, my brother's pet.

The girls gave GG a few pointers on her iPad.  They were so good, such polite little guests.
One day we went to a little drive-in and had delicious milkshakes.  It's one of my mom's favorite places.  I see why!  YUM!
Now I am home sweet home.  Yay!  I have lots and lots of things to do, lots of plants to water, some baking and cooking, new sewing projects, ongoing knitting projects and lots of people time.  Blessed!
Jolly is at Heather's.  She is busy teaching nature journaling and may not be able to wife hunt for Jolly just yet, but I'm sure soon she'll have him on task.  

My friend in the garden is looking her best.  I hope she's not hot with that woolly shawl.  

 

I hope you are doing well!  Thank you so much for popping by!  (BIG HUG!)
 

15 comments:

elizabeth said...

I am so glad for all of these blessings 🥰🥰🥰💕💕💕💕

Lisa Richards said...

Looks like you're having a busy and good summer! Enjoy all of those blessings! :)

happyone said...

It is hard to believe how fast the months go by.
We've been having rain and sunshine in good amounts. On the cool side today but beautiful sunshine all day.
Love Nelson the goat!! I had 2 goats follow me one morning when I was out walking! :)

Kim said...

Ooh, a garden with the appearance of a jungle sounds delightful. It looks as if you are enjoying summer and fun family trips. Wonderful! Take care, sweet Pom Pom.

Julie said...

Your peonies are beautiful Pom Pom - that is one thing I cannot grow here. I do love Mrs Scarecrow with her gorgeous shawl - she is very stylish. I am so pleased you managed a trip to visit family. xx

Granny Marigold said...

It must have been a great time visiting your mom and other family members,
.
And while you were gone your garden and flowers just kept on growing. Your Peonies are lovely!!

gretchenjoanna said...

Your friend in the garden is charming. I'd like to visit her, too, on my next Colorado trip! <3

Elderberry-Rob said...

Nice to see you have been able to visit family and get out to do some fun things. Betty x

Kim said...

Sounds like your summer is full of LIFE! That's the way it should be. You're an inspiration, my dear! Happy Thursday!

ellen b. said...

How wonderful that you could visit your dear mom and other family. We have a little drive-in here that is very popular for their ice cream. Glad you are home safe and sound. Summer has started early here. Lots of watering going on.

Latane Barton said...

Love the expression on Nelson's face!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such an enjoyable post to read and look at, I enjoyed your photographs.
The days seem to go by so quickly and you are certainly filling each one with good things.

Have a lovely weekend.

All the best Jan

Farm Girl said...

Everything is lovely!! your garden looks amazing.

Martha said...

Peonies are one of my favorites! Nelson the goat is so sweet. One day I'd like a goat as a pet.

Samy said...

Many blessings to you. it's wonderful to see that there are still blogs like yours that bring content that makes me feel good. Thanks for sharing. I'm already following you to accompany you. A big hug from here in Brazil.
https://ladysamy.blogspot.com/

Followers