Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Jolly Leaves Indiana

Jolly had a wonderful visit to Indiana!  I hope he doesn't confuse Ruth with Ruthie!  Now he has nine would-be wives in his parcel!  

His book is getting prettier and prettier and he has only visited two hostesses after leaving Pom Pom's house!  What a treasure this will be when he finally returns to Denver!



He stayed with Heather for two months.  She's a busy bee, teaching nature journaling online.  I am enjoying her All Creatures Great and Small class, but I am way behind.  The very convenient aspect of Heather's online courses is that you have access to the sessions for two years.  I'll probably need the whole two years to complete my journal. 
Sondra and I went on a picnic to the river.  Isn't it beautiful?

We had a delicious lunch!
One of my walks last week included these bold friends.  They must think every human is kind because they are not shy!
James and Noah went to Disneyland!
Birdie, Miss Bug, and Millie Rose went to camp in California!
Brad's family visited a dairy farm, but I can't seem to get that photo to upload.  It looked like a lot of fun!  Everyone is doing summery things.
Jenny took care of B.T.  Doesn't he look happy as a clam?  He isn't supposed to sleep on beds, but he seems to feel okay about breaking the rules.

Sondra and I prayed and sang Psalms at our favorite chapel!


My granny had another birthday, my mom and sisters and I remembered her on what we call Grandma Evelyn Day.  Here's a diary entry from one of her birthdays.  I'm so glad she had cake!

Jenny, the girls, and one of their friends (and my friend, too!) went to our pool.  There are 3 reserved lap lanes every day so I ordered a swim cap, goggles, and a kick board so I can swim at the pool next time I go. 


Today I have a very busy day.  I hope I have time for a nap.  Our garden is thriving!  Next time we'll tromp through the flowers, okay?

God be with you, sweet reader.  I love it when you pop in!  xoxoxo
 

8 comments:

Terra said...

I can see that the traveling journal is pretty, and the nature journaling class sounds appealing to me. It looks like you are having fun with family.

Granny Marigold said...

Looking at the pictures of the swiftly flowing river I imagined that I could actually hear it. Lovely summery sound. Reminds me of camping. Your summer is full of fun things to do and friends to see. Take care and stay cool if you can.

happyone said...

A picnic by the water sounds delightful.
Sounds like you've been having a lovely summer. :)

Julia said...

Mr. Jolly is having the time of his life this summer. His journal is really neat.

The family is having a beautiful summer and the kids have grown so much lately.

Your picnic by the water sound so nice. I bet the lunch was very tasty. Enjoy the rest of the summer. It will be gone before we know it. Already we are in mid-July, I can't believe it...
Hugs, Julia

ellen b. said...

What a fun travel journal. Everyone is having such nice summer adventures. It's good to see that happening! That's a pretty chapel to sing in. Hope you are sleeping soundly by now!

Farm Girl said...

How nice!! its always so nice to see pictures of what you have been doing. What a nice blog.

Elderberry-Rob said...

The Mr Jolly travels are looking fun :) I love swimming, glad you have decided to get a cap and dive in - it does ruin my (coloured) hair but I love it - gliding up and down in daydream land. Your chapel is pretty I don't think our churches are allowing singing yet.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely post.
It seems you are having a good summer.

All the best Jan

Followers