Thursday, April 2, 2020

Bear Hunts and Other Things

I made soda bread and it looks good!  It was OKAY.  My mom said that the kind of soda bread I like has sugar in it.  Shocker.  The soda in soda bread gives me heartburn, so I best quit trying to buy it or make it. 
Have you placed a bear in your window?  I just did yesterday and then Christie said that James took a pad and pencil out on a walk and found 20!  Bill and I found 4 or 5 last night when we went on our evening walk.  It's fun!  Bear hunts! 

 I've been thinking that this quiet and rest time we have been experiencing is a good time to study.  I ordered the two commentaries below on our Brad's recommendation and I am a little embarrassed to admit that these are the first commentaries I have ever owned and I've been a follower of Jesus for 43 years.  Gulp.

 Truth be told, I do not love looking at Tim's cat tree.  It isn't pretty. 😂 He does use the scratching post feature so that's a good thing (he also scratches our shabby upholstered furniture😏)
 Here's the fabric for the next jumper.  Cute, huh?  I can't sew without humming "painting the roses red".
 This morning I hemmed some pants I haven't been wearing.  See how short I am when I don't buy petite sizes?  You can only roll pant legs up SO much!  😂
 These are the alcohol markers I am using to color in all the Jolly Postmans that will decorate the traveling book.  Eventually I will complete this task.  Thanks for being so patient.  I know it's not top on all of the hostess's lists of excitements, but you are all so kind and so willing to play along.  I do feel bad I can't seem to pull it together quickly.  Fear not!  Jolly will begin his travels soon! 
 Accomplishment: I tidied this little shelf thing. It had books and papers crammed in the slots.  Now it sports mugs.  
Note to young homemakers:  When you think you want to collect something and you end up buying many of this "collectable" keep in mind that you may not be QUITE as excited about this collection when you are a granny.  When you are a granny, your sweet children may not value your chosen collection.  Translation: I have way too many of these Hartstone Pottery mugs.  Argh.
 Here's the jumper of the day.  Would you like to come to the Mad Tea Party?  
Our basement is so scruffy btw.

It's cold today, so no bear walk tonight.  Thank you for telling me what you cook for dinner.  I am thinking we might have bacon and eggs.  We hardly ever have breakfast for dinner, but why not?
Sending heaps of love your way!
 

10 comments:

Between Me and You said...

I love your mug 'hatch' and all of the mugs in it. You're right about acquiring things though. Not much motivation here today and also no walk because it was so cold.I will be on my doorstep tonight at 8pm though for the 'Clap for Carers' (NHS and other key workers) which is happening here every Thursday now. I will be clapping for my son who is risking life and limb out in the fields, ploughing,sewing,tilling the land so that we can continue to buy and cook food for ourselves and our loved ones. I think people forget about the important job they're doing too. I love your red tailor's chalk. Our Post Office closed suspiciously quickly today at lunchtime on the pretext of 'precautionary' measures but I wonder if any of the family who have own and run it have come down with the virus. I was just in there on Tuesday posting some stuff off, worryingly. Paranoia abounds here!Continued safety and good health to you and yours.xxx

Granny Marigold said...

I like the way you display your mugs. Mugs are so useful. Teacups just don't hold enough,
I hadn't heard about putting teddy bears in the front window. If it happens around here I can put a whole row in mine!!
Keep safe and well.

Jeanie said...

Your bread looks to die for! Yum. And I like the idea of bacon and eggs. When Rick did my shopping he bought me eggs (which I didn't need yet, but you can always use eggs!) So, maybe I'll follow your lead!

happyone said...

No one ever passes our house so no bears in the window here. : )
Like your mug collection.

GretchenJoanna said...

Bacon and eggs would always be one of my favorite dinners. I didn't tell you what I've been cooking because my food habits are always strange since I cook for one - but during Lent I'm even less attentive to that task. Right now when I don't even have any company to look forward to, I'm simpler yet.

Lately I've been frying up a big pan of cubed tofu with various seasonings like garlic and sesame. I combine it with various vegetables that I usually cook separately, and also keep in the fridge. Sometimes I make a pot of buckwheat kasha or rice macaroni and throw a bit of that into my instant "casserole" of the moment.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am not sure if they are doing the bear thing in my area — I haven’t been out to check! I would do it but I would need to ask. I like your mugs but I know what you mean. The top shelves in two of my cabinets are full of mugs and I can’t part with them. I like the jumper — I have made many of those myself! Still have the patterns actually. Guess I will continue sewing masks since one county in Texas is giving tickets if people are out without some sort of face covering and those tickets are $1000! So, I will sew on!

Kit said...

I love hearing of your going on's. Your jumpers are lovely. I don't have a bear in the window (no little children around) but my cat is usually there. 😊 We had an earthquake the other day. Did you feel it down there? Made me a might upset but no damage. You take care. Kit

ellen b. said...

That bear in the window idea is so darn cute and clever for these times. No one can see anything I put in my windows but if I lived in the city I'd participate. Fun jumper. Love your mug collection. It's hard to let a good mug go. It was cold here today with some light snow showers off and on in between rays of sunshine. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Lisa Richards said...

I love breakfast for supper! I also made a ham and potato casserole which will last me a while. Froze some of it. A bear hunt sounds like fun. Don't worry too much about Jolly. Good things are worth waiting for!

M.K. said...

I wonder if Timmy's scratching post could be disassembled, and if it were only a single post without all the other appendages, perhaps it wouldn't look so bad to you? Tonight (Easter) we had meat loaf, fresh green beans, asparagus from our garden, and mashed potatoes. I'm cooking for a bit because Adam is feeling so sick. Take care!

Followers