Thursday, April 16, 2020

Baking and Making

 We had cinnamon rolls for Easter lunch.  Cinnamon rolls are a beautiful food.

Easter means so much!  We have a Savior who died for us and rose again so we can be free from the shackles of our sinful selves and our sinful world.  We can be in right relationship with God the Father!  Oh yes.  The way is narrow.
 Look at these Easter basket boys!  We miss them!
 I tried to make sugar cookies but the dough wasn't right because of my lack of butter.  I decided I need a new rolling pin sock and pastry cloth.
 Dessert was trifle.  YUMMY!
 I am hard at work here (kidding) finishing a woolly sweater.
 Another lovely glimpse of sweetness!
 This recipe was from The Kitchen Congregation and it's called Lemon Chess Pie.  Good!
 Bill accidentally dropped one of my china mugs (a sheep one) so I ordered hedgehogs to replace it.  Isn't it sweet?

The pastry cloths came in less than 24 hours.  Yay for next time I make pie or rolls! 

 I finished the sweater!  I love it when I finish. You'd think I'd finish more.  Hmmmm.
I grew cat grass for Tim and it is growing so tall.  It needs more sun.  (Snow again today)
It's time to dance around to children's praise music.  Thirty minutes.
Thank you for popping in!

14 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Every think looks lovely. I love your sweater.

Jeanie said...

It looks like a splendid and delicious Easter. I LOVE your sweater!

Debi said...

Your sweater is beautiful and what a cute new cup.I've never used a rolling pin cloth and now I use store bought dough so I guess I don't really need to try one now!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I hadn't heard of a pastry cloth or rolling pin sock before! I like your jumper, it's colourful.

Granny Marigold said...

Your cinnamon buns look delish as does the trifle and chess pie. I've never had chess pie.
The hedgehog mug is so sweet. If I didn't already have so many cups and mugs I'd get one too so we could have tea together far apart.

Elizabethd said...

I love your sweater, pretty colours.
But I wish you hadnt shown the trifle!!

Julie said...

Oh MY! Your baking looks so delicious dear Pom Pom. Your new sweater is lovely - a gorgeous colour! I adore your new mug & think the hedgehogs are so sweet. Take care my friend xx

ellen b. said...

Cinnamon rolls, trifle, finished sweater and hedgehogs, yippee. Good for you for staying active, too. Blessings!

Lisa Richards said...

The sweater looks great!
So do the sweets!
I need to dance to praise music!
God bless!
Fun to see Brad and his pipes on FB! :)

happyone said...

Oh those cinnamon rolls sure look good!!
I've never used a pastry cloth.

Julia said...

Yay, you finished your beautiful sweater. Here it's still cold enough for wool sweaters.
Those cinnamon rolls look yummy. I always use pastry cloths and it makes all the dough rolling so much easier to roll. I've made several with an old white cotton sheet. I wasn't using the sheet anymore so I put it to good use. I don't have a rolling pin sleeve. I bet it works so much better.
Hugs, Julia

Kim said...

Lovely sweater, Karen! The food all looks delicious. I miss my grands, too. Thanks for cheering us up with your lovely post! ((Hug))

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Lemon Chess Pie is one of my husbands all time favs and one of the first I ever made as a new bride. I don’t make it anymore because of his sugar issues but it is really good.

M.K. said...

All those yummy baked goods look fabulous! Can you tell me -- what did you put on top of those cinnamon buns? Is that butter? It looks like ice cream. Or icing? I can't tell, but they look AMAZING.
(Two of your photos are not loading for me. Could be my computer though.)
Spring is here! Happy (late) Easter, PomPom!

Followers