Friday, July 5, 2019

July Things


Hi there!  Yay for July!  The garden grows and grows because of course it likes hot daytime temperatures and torrential downpours in the afternoon.  I have been wearing my boots because I get so dirty when I drag the hose around and tip toe through the flower beds.

LOOK!  Below I was still working away on my giant "Joseph coat" of a sweater.  I apologize that the photo further down shows so much of the grubby downstairs bathroom, too.  

 One day last week when the weather was fine (not scary with thunder clouds looming) I took a walk by this pond.  Hello, pretty goose!
 Hello to the mama duck and her two tiny babies!
 I was on a pepper kick before I remembered that peppers are a nightshade plant and can cause inflammation.  Bill's neck was stiff and I was stiff all over.  I overdid the pepper eating. I put them in a tomato/spaghetti sauce.  It was delicious but over the top.  Sigh. 
 Here is the blocked Penguono!  I made the sleeves kind of king-ish because I was trying to add some softness to the crazy color combos. 

 I made a new journal for recording my weight and my reflections on what I eat and how it affects me (silly, I know) but I like to have a just right journal with room for artsy overflows. 
 Oh, Mr. Adorable.  Isn't he beautiful?  
 The Prince and the Pea (cats find cozy spots, don't they?)
 I made an apple pie for Independence Day.  It's so pretty LOOKING but very "just okay" tasting.  I put too much water in the pie crust and I forgot to put flour in with the sugar and cinnamon.  I used the food processor to slice the apples and that was weird.  Oh well.  I guess I may have lost my pie baking skills.  
 Here, have some wool beauty.  I just get crazier and crazier about wool.  My fifth grade teacher taught us all to knit and my mother in law retaught me 35 years ago.  I'm so grateful.  I have loved knitting for a long long time.

I've been sewing a purple dress and purple pants. Yes, another weird granny outfit.  It's cute though.  It's an old handmade pattern given to me at Young Life camp by a creative young person.  I've saved it all these years (over  30) and now I am using it again. I love it when THAT happens.
Thank you for stopping in, good visitor.  
I hope you are feeling calm and happy today, but if you are not, I pray peace would come soon.
xoxoxo

18 comments:

Happy@Home said...

Hi Pom Pom, Happy Summer! Pretty sweater you have knit. Bummer that your pie didn't turn out as hoped. Disappointing after all of that work. The peppers are pretty even though they did cause problems. I have heard that about nightshade veggies, but didn't know if it was really true. Sounds like it is. Good to know.

Granny Marigold said...

I love that you kept that pattern for so long and now can re-use it!
I'm like you in using any excuse whatsoever to make and use yet another journal.
Too bad peppers don't agree with you. Luckily summer abounds in many other veggies, right?!

happyone said...

Peppers come in such pretty colors.
The baby ducks sure are cute.
That is some colorful sweater!! : )

Donna said...

Pom, I love your blog. Your world is colorful and happy. Cheery. Faith-filled. God loving. I need that. Thank you!

Julie said...

How wonderful to see your sunshiney pics on this grey wet day dear Pom Pom. Hello to Timothy - yes he does look like the Prince & the Pea. Your new knitted jacket/coat is wonderful - I actually LOVE the sleeves. Happy weekend my friend xx

Kim said...

Your purple outfit sounds fun and how fabulous you are using the pattern after all these years. Love your coat of many colours. So much to look at on your journal page; it is filled with whimsy and cheery God speak.=) Look at that squishy squashy pile of quilts....how lovely. Have a fun-filled day....I just know you will♥

Between Me and You said...

I never knew peppers were so hazardous!!I'll be abstaining too. I bought another 'chicken feeder' tunic from thrift shop yesterday! I'm loving that look so much now. Your technicoloured dreamcoat is supreme in both its colour and its knitting prowess. Well done you. I'm going to start a journal, someday soon. Happy weekend to you chum. xxx

Kit said...

I am feeling quite content and happy, thank you. I love hearing of your goings on. We've had quite a few thunderstorms ourselves. Good thing I love them. Have a lovely weekend! Kit

Farm Girl said...

What a nice post. I love all of the bright colors. I think your pie looks yummy.
I bet your dress will be so cute. I like your wool. Have a lovely day.

Elderberry-Rob said...

i never thought peppers could be bad for you, we eat loads of themm in salad and in cooked meals. hope your stiffness eases. you are really embracing the granny lifestyle! lots of leisure time and creativity. I like the idea of keeping a journal and making pretty pictures maybe will do that myself when retired :) i have just gone on to reduced hours and get two weekends off a month now, it feels good to be able to slow down and have more time to putter.

NanaDiana said...

What fun to be reusing an old pattern like that. It has been hot and humid here, too, and plenty of rain so it has kept my watering duties down---but deadheading never ends. lol

I, too, am keeping a diary (for inflammation purposes). It is the green & red peppers that cause inflammatory problems more than the yellow, orange ones. Weird, huh? I read that somewhere. Also, I don't do tomatoes anymore for the same reason.

Wonderful sweater--happy Sunday- xo Diana

M.K. said...

Don't we all long for peace? May you have it too, Pom Pom. I LOVE your crazy, colorful sweater. It is made with lots of love and creativity. The wool is lovely too. We have not had much rain in NC, and are in a drought, sad to say. I think our garden is done for the year -- the tomatoes gave up! I hope your garden keeps on giving!

Kezzie said...

Your blog always makes me happy! So much positivity!

Lisa Richards said...

That's quite a fantastic sweater coat!
I love the journal! It's nice to just fit in all kinds of things that give you joy. I love looking at others' journals, but I'm not much good at keeping one myself. :)
Blessings and hugs, dear friend!

ellen b. said...

Cats know how to found those cozy spots for sure. Love the ducklings. Hope you have a peace filled week dear lady!

Jeanie said...

The Joseph sweater is fabulous and I really adore your journal collage page. Oh, what a contented cat! I hope you have a wodnerful week!

Henny Penny said...

What a pretty post! As usual. I did not know that about peppers. I love peppers. Pom Pom that sweater is simply amazing! I love every stitch and it looks very nice on you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely post and photographs.
The baby ducks are so cute, and I do like your colourful sweater.

Take Care

All the best Jan

Followers