Monday, June 24, 2019

Lots of Stuff!

 Hello friends!  I took the time to make my photos work (and it does take more time than clicking around on handheld devices - LOL) Some of the funny bugs ate part of our strawberry crop but SOME escaped the nibbles.  Aren't they pretty?

I sewed something besides costumes.  Our daughters laughed at this outfit.  Kelli said it's clown-like (it sort of IS) and Jenny said it looks like a chicken feeding type of dress.  Ha!  I love the linen fabric.  I know.  I really SHOULD buy a cheap full-length mirror.  
 Sam is lounging about on her unicorn body pillow.  LOL!  She loves to watch all the Winnie the Pooh movies.  I think she likes the innocence and the friendships evidenced in the Pooh stories.  Me, too!
 Here are the tunics.  Nineteen all lined up!


 Sam and Lizzy like the show Nailed It!  It's about baking mishaps.  They pulled out all the stops when we made our own cake.  Sam said, "It turned out a bit different than I thought it was going to."  Ha ha ha!  Just like a lot of my baking.
 The show really was amazing.  The kids only had a week to prepare.  
 I'm trying to plant BIG things that the bunnies won't eat.  They are nibbling everything down to the quick.  I have decided that a watched pot never boils so I am choosing to ignore the bunny damage.
 I'm close to the finish line with my big colorful sweater!
 I saw this gorgeous thistle when I was out walking on the ridge. 
 Sondra and I are meeting at the chapel again.  The students are home for the summer so it's quiet on campus.


 Some of the cousins are having a ball in Kelli's pool.  Me, too! 
 Cousins also have fun on the Slip and Slide!
 More big sweater detail!

 Tim managed this cozy position all by himself. 
 Flowers! 



 Pop!  And into a collage they go! 
 My sewing "helper". 


Brad's family came on Saturday night.  Look at those faces.  Our first born and their first born.  Aw! 
If you are a more frequent blogger than I am I am sorry that I miss some of your posts.  I shall try to rectify that!
June has been so nice, mild and even a little chilly! We know the hot weather is coming soon.  
Thank you for calling in.  I really like it when you do so.  

20 comments:

Debi said...

I can't wait to see your sweater when it is finished... it intrigues me! You certainly were busy with all that tunic making... they look great! I like your polka dot outfit and I laughed out loud when I noticed how you got the "full length" look!

Kim said...

Oh how happy am I to visit your place again soaking in all that gorgeousness! I missed your beautiful and fun photos. I love your beautiful polka dot dress, young lady. Such a gorgeous photo of you, dear Pom Pom♥

Farm Girl said...

What lovely flowers! What lovely people, and I really like that dress. I didn't know what you were standing on until I saw the picture here on your blog.
You have such a wonderful life. It always makes me so happy to read your posts.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't that Timothy something? Imagine him managing to get himself all cozied up in that lovely quilt!!!
Your flowers are so pretty. I especially like the Sweet Williams.

M.K. said...

Is that a pink peony? So very pretty. Can't wait to see your big, colorful sweater! That's a lot of work. I really like your polkadotted outfit. It's cute - very cute with the matching pants. Good job!
It's 95 today here, and tomorrow I fly to Mississippi for the new grandbaby :)

Julia said...

You have been such a busy lady with sewing and knitting and everything else. The flowers are gorgeous. That cake is the bomb. Very artsy...
Enjoy your summer.
Hugs, Julia

Elizabethd said...

It's the season for beautiful peonies now, and aren't they lovely?!

Between Me and You said...

If you are a chicken feeder, then I must be too because I love your outfit and you look divine in it!!Naughty girls to laugh at our style!!!(I really do feed the chickens at work!). I made a similar tunic a couple of years ago, in a blue and white polka-dot linen fabric. I can't get it past my hips now. Time for action, methinks!! Wonderful post as always and can't wait to see your funky new sweater. xxx

Beca said...

So nice to catch up with you Pom. You've been busy sewing I see. Such an adorable outfit. I love the polka dots. I can't believe Summer is already here. This year is halfway over already. It boggles the mind doesn't it. It's so nice to have family come in for a visit. Summer is such a fun time of year.
xx Beca

Jeanie said...

Busy, happy, creative and colorful times at your house! How do you have time to breathe? I'd be taking a page from Tim's book!

ellen b. said...

You did well on all those tunics! You are looking good, too, in your selfie! Nice shot of your firstborn with his firstborn. Happy Summer to you!

Kezzie said...

Oooh, I want to come to Kelli's too! What a gorgeous pool! I've been eating strawberries too! We've had around 40 already and I am very happy! Lovely to hear about the show- I love the beautiful costumes!
Lovely to see you looking lovely too!x

happyone said...

You fit so much into a blog post!! Always fun to visit.
Beautiful and delicious looking strawberries.
That is some crazy looking cake! : )
Your garden is looking great.

Elderberry-Rob said...

lovely to have a post from you pop up! you look very pretty in your spotty outfit. Have a wonderful Summer and hope your big plants outgrow the bunnies!

Gumbo Lily said...

Hi Pom Pom!
It's fun checking in on you and seeing all the good things you are up to. My goodness, your flowers are already so tall. Mine are beginners compared to yours.

Happy Summer!
Jody

Lisa Richards said...

That cake is AMAZING! You guys should go into business! :)
Your polka dot dress must be from the 100 Acts of Sewing patterns? I've been hoping to try those, but I'd need to buy a machine and learn how to use it, lol.
Lots of great family fun! Thanks for sharing your life with us!
Many hugs!

Kit said...

Oh my I chuckled to see you standing on the toilet!....lol But I like your outfit, so cute. I just love your posts, so happy and busy. And full of color. Rainy here today but the heat is headed here too! Happy Summer Pom! Kit

elizabeth said...

I LOVE your outfits and all those flowers!!!! what a lot of beauty and COLOUR are in your life~~~ yay for colours.... !!! :) God bless you dear blog friend!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

So many good things in this post! Delightful, and colorful too.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a fabulous fun post, full of good things.
I love your blue bird bath, we used to have one like it … it's a great colour.
Loved all of your photographs.

All the best Jan

Followers