Thursday, March 7, 2019

Purple and Bread


Hello friends!  Isn't the color above SO pretty?  It's a pinky purple-y dark lilac shade.  It's the same sweater I'm knitting with our daughter in law, April.  Hers is finished and I am soldiering on with the sleeves.  It fits!  Yay!  

I have a new theory and it's a guess so don't quote me, but I think that USA grains are tainted because of the pressure to produce a higher yield (and thus make more money) and because of all the "messing about with soils, seeds, chemicals" our USA grains cause digestive issues AND inflammation issues. I have learned that many people with gut problems do not have a problem when they are eating in Europe, but when they come home to the USA, they can't eat gluten.  So I ordered some flour from Italy.  Look at the lovely loaf my new Italian flour made!


I think I told you that I am helping our Kelli with her new Christian musical theater company.  I am sewing costumes.  I admit to a little worry that my sewing skills may be a smidge rusty, but I'm jumping in.  Do you like Tiger Lily's costume?  That's the mattress (behind the dress) the grands jump on when they come over to play.  Not a lovely backdrop, is it?

 Kelli didn't like my creative feather.  
 Here is another pullover "jumper" I am making.  I am very purple these days.  

 When I ordered wool from The Woolly Thistle, Corrine sent this cute card.  Oh, how I love sheep themed EVERYTHING.  It's a bookmark in my Bible now. 
 Smoked salmon and pineapple look pretty together don't they?  Someone at our grocery store likes this Norwegian salmon, too. Last time I was there it was all sold.  Also, the paper towels I like weren't available.  Weird.  We didn't used to have this problem at the local store.  I wonder why it's happening now. 
 James is getting so grown up, isn't he?  Oh how I love his sweet and handsome face.  Doesn't it seem like a short time ago he was a brand new baby?  I know you remember. 
 And "thank you, God" that this one is only two years old.  My friend Kim has two striped kitties and they are old so I hope that means our Tim will live a long long long life.  He's such a darling little teddy bear. 
 Which summer bulb is your favorite?  I like freesias and glads!  I like them all.  It's still too frozen to plant anything here. 
 MK mentioned that I take a lot of photos of the grocery store produce section and I do!  I also like to take pictures of the flowers.  These sunflowers are so delicate and pretty.  
 I have a new brand of favorite shoes.  I am always trying to find the perfect comfortable shoes and Skechers fit the bill.  These look like slippers but they are light and spongey, just the way I like for shoes to feel.  

March is very nice so far.  She's a little cold, but we change the clocks this weekend and the days are brighter.  Yay.

Kelli is coming over later so we can make mermaid tails.  I forgot how many characters there are in Peter Pan.  I forgot about the mermaid lagoon and the pirate scenes.  I still need to make Wendy's nightie and Tink's green top.  At least sewing is faster than knitting.
Well, it's time for a cup of tea and a little smackerel of something. Thank you for popping by to say hello 💖

24 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I like Sketchers too, they are so comfortable.
So many seeds to choose from. I think Freesias are my favourite.

Granny Marigold said...

You're very enterprising to take on the job of sewing all those costumes. I'm sure your work will be very much appreciated.
I can never decide which summer bulbs I love the most. They're all so pretty. And I must say, I agree 100% about the flour we in North America have access to. Your latest loaf looks great!!.

Lisa Richards said...

It really is surprising to realize how long we've all been blogging together, and how James became a big kid so quickly! I do remember him as a baby! My grands are growing up fast, too! Such pretty colors in your knitting projects. I like the feather you made, and I'm impressed with your sewing skills. I suspect you're right about the grain thing. Happy March! :)

Julia said...

I love your Tiger Lily costume and that feather is just so sweet. Wow, that little boy grew fast. You could open a store with all the knitting articles you've knitted.
I've noticed the daylight time getting longer and the sun is higher in the sky. Only 13 days to the official spring.
Hugs, Julia

Debbie Harris said...

So happy to see your posting!!
I always find joy and color here. :)
Love that pretty bright pink!! Now those flower seeds waiting to find their way into the ground, I love them all, but especially the freesia and dahlias, yes please!
We have a very long way to go before any planting is done here. Our humble little home is nearly buried in snow banks and walls. We are running out of room to put it and more is on the way. I do love it though. :)
Interesting about the grains in the US, thank you for sharing that info with us.
Lovely photo of you and your precious one ♡

happyone said...

Yes, it seems like just yesterday James was born.
That IS a pretty color!
I am NOT a fan of the time change. I'd rather have it light in the morning than at night. Now I won't be able to walk at 6:30 again for a while! :) But on the bright side, that won't last for long.

NanaDiana said...

Lovely color for that sweater..and I LOVE your socks. lol Your little guy is getting so big. How the heck do they grow up so fast...and how do we get so old so fast? lol

You are doing a great job on the costumes..and I think the feather is great...a great stage piece. I kind of miss sewing for theater sometimes but not enough to jump back in wholeheartedly.

I hope you have a great night, Karen. xo Diana

Jeanie said...

You Have BEEN busy! I love the costume and oh, Tim! Which summer bulb -- good question -- I only know spring bulbs!

Julie said...

Your knitting & your sewing of costumes is just beautiful dear Pom Pom. Oh how I wish I could reach into my screen & try a piece of your delicious looking bread!! Hello to Timothy Xxx

ellen b. said...

I'm a fan of Skechers, too. I think you've done a great job on the costume! Oh our little grands grow so fast. Baby faces gone so soon. I do love all those flowers but I think the ranunculus are very special. Hope you have a lovely weekend dear Pom Pom!

Elderberry-Rob said...

That's a challenge making costumes, but sure it is fun.
I am having trouble too with 'inflammation' and don't think Europe is exempt on the bread front' although Italian is thought to be a very fine/quality flour. gluten free bread is very expensive here but widely available. I have started eating some seeds/grains daily that a nutritionist I saw recommended for my dry skin and digestion/inflammation. I think you could probably get a similar pre-mix in your health store, you eat them stired in cereal or on salad - take a look at Susan Branch's latest blog where she is trying this - she has some good links and info about eating seeds and nuts.

Farm Girl said...

I love those shoes!!! All of your pictures are wonderful and I love that color of that sweater. I love freesias too.
Have a wonderful day.

Kit said...

I love all your lovely photos and the costume is wonderful! I happen to like the feather, a lot. I have the same feelings about our cat, she is now 6 and I want here around forever!! She has quite filled my heart since the loss of my Sam Man. Still lots of snow on the ground here and cold. But I don't mind. :) Kit

Debi said...

You are a very busy lady! Kelli is lucky to have helping her out. I love your purples and you are right... sewing is a lot faster than knitting! My favorite flower is the Asian Lily... I have one plant in my backyard and it just makes me smile. Your bread looks lovely... happy weekend!

Henny Penny said...

That is a delicious looking loaf of bread. I think the stargazer lily is my favorite, maybe because my mother loved them so much. I bet you will do great sewing costumes. I love that one you've already made. Hope you have a great weekend.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

you sure are one busy lady. that loaf of bread looks delicious. i have to eat gluten free and have some celiac and think the grain we have today is not the same as use to be. excuse typing. broke my arm. nancy

Between Me and You said...

Oh but I love the feathered headdress. You made a beautiful job of the whole outfit. Clever you. I love the colour description of the pinky-purpley yarn!Your new shoes are soft and squishy looking.Our little-est one is losing her 'baby' looks too, I noticed it particularly the other day. Makes you want to wrap them up in cotton wool and keep them tiny forever! Have a great weekend, my friend.xxx

Fat Dormouse said...


Lovely to have time to catch up on your blog, Pompom. You are being busy at the moment!! I think your feather is lovely!

Kim said...

Peter Pan has so much scope for beautiful and imaginative costumes. How fun to be stitching some for the production. I cannot choose a fave bulb, though I always love the fragrant smelling Freesias, but then Lilies and Gladdies have the wow factor. I just love them all.

Jill said...

Lovely post, I can't wait for Spring to officially arrive and get to planting more in my garden :-) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

magsmcc said...

You are always SO very busy! I hope it's all a good busy x I do remember all the baby grands. Now big grands. My boys are young men now. Angela is talking about seeds too- I found some old packets buried under dead vine leaves yesterday and am thinking about how to plant them...

Heather LeFebvre said...

That is so fun that you are helping with the Christian musical theatre! I think you are going to have spring before we do.

M.K. said...

Your Sketchers look comfy and supportive, and your knitting is gorgeous as ever. Purple is a great color! Last year I planted Zinnias for the first time, and really enjoyed them. They are great cutting flowers, nice strong stems. We had so much rain for so, so long, and now that we have seedlings trying to come up ... no rain :( Must go water! Timmy is a doll as ever.

Kezzie said...

Ah,,, so that is what the mermaid is for!! Great! The Sketchers look super cosy and comfy- I am fond of that type of thing too!!!
I like your creative Feather.
I am grateful that Tim is such a young thing!! I love Tabbies!!

Followers