Sunday, October 21, 2018

Lots of Smiles

 "Hello!  I love this time of year when there are many soft blankets around the house.  I like to burrow inside and bake myself." 

I am still working on this mitten. I wonder if I'll EVER get fast at knitting from a chart.  I must keep looking back and marking my place.  Yikes. 

I'm ALMOST finished with these scrappy socks.  I love them.  They look so rustic. 

Sometimes I scroll way back to very old blog posts and find happy things like this cup and saucer from a hotel in Vail.  Every morning we had a lovely breakfast.  I love the dishes! 

 And when I find Ann I smile, don't you?  Isn't she just the sweetest and kindest girl EVER?
Parsley and strawberries in a tiny vase?  Smart old Pom Pom of the past.  
 And once I WAS going to make an entire tea set from a shiny cotton yarn but my hands got so sore from the tight stitches that I sent the yarn and cotton away to Flavia in Spain (she doesn't live in Spain anymore).  I do love the pink jelly beans and the winky heart. 
 And CAKE!  I haven't been eating cake but I am still a BIG fan of cake.  I wish I could cut a slice for you, because of course it IS the little things in life like the Susan Branch writing says. 
 "Heated blankets are wonderful, so relaxing."  
 I took this photo of the pumpkin pile at Whole Foods.  Why are there stickers on the pumpkins? They ruin my picture!  Oh well.  
 A gift mug from Kelli a few years back reminded me of my respect and admiration for good teachers like my buddy Sondra who teaches literacy in the city and my sister Karol who is the best Sunday school teacher EVER and has been teaching for years and years. 
 There are a few trees that are outdoing themselves here in the neighborhood. Can you believe the color?  WOW! 

 I got some new socks to wear with my boots but they show more with my squishy Soft Science mules.  Not the most fashionable Pom Pom these days, I know. 


Before my brother and sister in law come to visit on Saturday I have another VERY exciting visitor coming to have lunch here.  I have been reading my friend Gretchen Joanna's blog for ten years or so.  She is here in Colorado attending to granny duties and she is making time to come see me!  Yippeeeee!  I can't wait!
I'll take pictures.

I have lots of fun ahead!  I feel blessed indeed.
October has scooted by at a swift pace.  The leaves are still gorgeous. The people are abundant and I am deeply grateful.
Thank you for stopping in, kind reader.  Oh!  Thank you for saying so many nice things about my ladies in their outfits!  I loved reading your comments and thinking about the dress you chose as your favorite.
xoxoxo

20 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Exciting days ahead for you! I'm still hoping to one day meet you too. 😘
Love those socks you will be wearing with your boots, I bet they are warm.
Your trees are amazing yet in their glorious color. We finally got our leaves raked yesterday, we had to wait for the snow to melt.
What a sweet kitty.

Have a great week♡

Granny Marigold said...

When I see the pictures of Timothy they almost make me want to get a cat. He's such a darling.

How lovely that Gretchen Joanna is coming to visit you!
I'll be looking forward to hearing about your wonderful time together.

ellen b. said...

How nice to have these visits from friends and family. I've enjoyed every one of my bloggy meet ups over the years. Love the design of the mitten. Hope it all works out well. Have a beautiful week dear lady!

Kim said...

Oh how clever that tricky knitting is; love the pattern. Yes, a slice of that yummy cake would be very nice, thank you.....oh and a cup of tea would be delightful too. One day, if ever I do visit Colorado, I must swing by your delightful home and visit a while....that is of course if you would have me. =)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I believe cake is very hygge! And the fall foliage is gorgeous! Not fashionable? I think anything cozy and warm is fashionable! I wish I could knit but alas, BB brain doesn't think that way. Oh well, I can enjoy other's efforts. Have a wonderful day Pom Pom!

Elizabethd said...

The colour of the leaves on the trees is truly amazing. I wish we had the same here.

Julia said...

I've been wrapping myself in soft throws lately to nap in the afternoon. I'm not ready for the cold the winter brings but it's moving in quite rapidly. October is walking out at a fast pace.

I love your socks and mitten. I have difficulty working with a chart also. I still have to finish the the thumbs on my mittens before the snow flies. Love that cute crocheted teacup, so cute.

It's been ages since I had a piece of cake. Yours looks yummy.

Your leaves are absolutely beautiful against the deep blue sky. Autumn brings such beauty.
Hugs, Julia

Jennifer Hays said...

I'm glad you shared the old photos because they must be from before I started reading your blog and they were new to me! And beautiful and inspiring too, so thank you. I love seeing your knitting, the mitten is gorgeous! I could live to be 200 years old and still never master that kind of work. You're very talented!

Farm Girl said...

How lucky to have a visit with Gretchen. Give her a hug from me. I miss cakes too. I haven't had any cake in almost a whole year. I love seeing your old pictures as well your new ones. That tree is just incredible. I would love to have a tree like that.
I love your knitting and your posts.

Elderberry-Rob said...

how exciting to have a visit from a blogging friend, especially one of 10 years! hope you both have a fabulous time - lots of pictures please!

Kit said...

Love your happy post! I hope your pretty days are continuing. Lovely here to the north. A Fall to rival other Falls. :) Kit

happyone said...

How fun getting to meet another blogger. I've met a few and it is so special.
I wish I COULD knit from a chart. : )
Wow that color IS fantastic!!!
Happy you have lots to make you smile. : )

Julie said...

Beautiful knitting, raggedy Annes & pumpkins dear Pom Pom. But Oh I do love Timothy the bestest. Hope you have a wonderful meet up with your fellow blogger my friend Xx

ann said...

Always so much color here. Good cheer. Happiness. Good things. Snow ruined our fall colors. Denver didn't get that snow. Kitty looks so chill--as the kids would say.

Henny Penny said...

I love those scrappy socks, and can almost feel how comfortable. Those leaves are beautiful. Hope we see some pretty leaves here. So far, only brown ones. Timothy looks so cuddly and warm. Our skinny Dumperoo has been eating like a little pig lately (without throwing up). I could actually feel his little full tummy this morning when he was curled up in my lap.

Beca said...

Not too many leaves changing color where I live but I enjoy seeing photos of the changing trees. Fun days ahead for you Pom Pom. Sweet socks.
xx Beca

Lisa Richards said...

I LOVE the socks and the teacup, and it will be SURREAL to see Gretchen at your house! Thanks for lots of cheery photos!

magsmcc said...

Will Gretchen J be sitting on those wonderful blue sofas under blankets with tea? Oh my. Such beautiful fun! The pumpkins, oh the pumpkins. I do love your wonderful country. Pumpkins galore outside in the sun. Do we enough appreciate the very small most beautiful things of our own place? I wonder what I forget to admire here... Your socks are splendid x

elizabeth said...

That is so wonderful to meet G-J!!! I am so glad!!! Love your posts as always dear one!!! Keep sharing with us!!! God bless!

M.K. said...

Your girls-in-dresses are so fun that I've often thought I need to get a good set of your fine markers so I can try some. Yours have a very special look to them -- a PomPom style :)
So glad Gretchen is coming! October has sped by, that's for sure. We are still a bit bedraggled around here, but recovering. Your knitting is so, so pretty - love the mitten.

Followers