Friday, October 26, 2018

Gretchen the Good

 Timothy likes to put his paw on his humans, to reassure us.  Smile.

I puttered around the house in anticipation of Gretchen's (Gladsome Lights) arrival.  We had scones and whipped cream, pears and blue cheese, nuts, and tomato red pepper soup with LOTS of cheese croutons on top.  I haven't had a scone in a while so I piled on the whipped cream. Gretchen had her scone with butter and jam.  

 Oh, how I LOVE Gretchen.  We could have talked for hours and hours more. She is so gentle, so kind, so warm.  Wow!  Such a person!  I feel very much richer having spent the afternoon connecting with her.  I am so grateful.  We have both had our blogs for so long and knew each other only through the text we shared, but sitting face-to-face with all of that background knowledge (from reading each other's blogs for so long) made for a real soul-to-soul communion which is miraculous.  Powerful.  I'm basking in the afterglow.  


 Millie chose a fuzzy toadstool for my birthday.  I love it. 

 I hung a shelf and gathered the gnomes.  Sometimes I need "company coming" motivation to do things.





My brother and sister in law are arriving tomorrow afternoon and will be with us for a week.  I'll be so buzzy that I'll probably have a hard time falling asleep at night.  
What a beautiful time of year for them to visit. The leaves are lovely and the weather will be very warm then very cold.  They'll get an accurate read on Colorado weather!  So erratic!
So today, I'll tidy more and scrub the bathroom.  I'll vacuum my car (maybe - I hate this chore).  I'll shop.  All good.  People are good.  Loving God and loving people, the very best of LOVE.
Thank you for stopping in.  I hope you enjoy the end of lovely October!  We have a houseful coming for dinner and trick or treating.  I'll try to take some photos, but I might be too busy fluttering about.
What does November bring?
(BIG HUG!)

18 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Pom Pom ~ I read about Gretchen's visit with you on her blog and from both of you it sounds like you had a great time of bonding in real life.

I love the glimpses into your lovely home through your pictures in this post. It all looks so 'fallish', warm and inviting. Have some wonderful visiting times coming up.

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

elizabeth said...

yay!!!! I read G-J's account too!!! so WONDERFUL to meet blog friends in real life!! I've had my blog for years too... and through a lot of changes (my first jobs and places on my own in Ottawa to dating my Husband, to marrying him and moving to NJ and now being a wife 6 years!) ... Blogs are wonderful I find! :) I don't know how many years I have been reading G-J's but many now. I am sure I was reading her blog before I knew my Husband, so that has to be minimum 7 years. I am sure more! have a WONDERFUL time with family!!! it's so fun to have visitors, YES loving GOD and PEOPLE are the BEST aren't they!! Have fun and stay well!!!

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you got to share that time with Gretchen. I bet it was so wonderful to listen to you both talk about all of the things I know I love.
Your house looks so inviting. Your tea things are so cute. I love that toadstool.
I will be flitting along with you. Enjoy your day getting ready for your family. I am sure it will be a lovely time.

Gumbo Lily said...

How wonderful! A visit from Gretchen the Good! I'm sure your warm welcome made her visit just perfect. Happy Birthday to YOU! God bless you in your new year, Karen the Kind!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love that Gretchen Joanna came to visit you! I would have given anything to pop by for a cup of tea and a chat! xofrances

Kezzie said...

Oooh, you met the lovely Gretchen! I must go and see her post about it!
Your toadstool is delightful! I love it!!

Granny Marigold said...

I've been looking and re-looking at all the wonderful pics of your cozy home. I love the twinkle lights and all the various banners!! Even your calendar is adorable!!!

Have a great visit with you brother and SIL. I'm so glad you had a lovely time with GJ. Now I'm off to read what SHE has to say about it.

M.K. said...

Your bright autumn decorations are so pretty in the home - they warm the heart!
As you can imagine, I'm just a wee bit jealous of your visit with Gretchen -- not exactly jealous ... I don't want the visit for myself, but I do with I could have been there too. I'd love to have a face-to-face visit with each of you, but I'm nearly on the other side of the planet! That must've been very sweet time. I hope you can do it again! I do have kids moving to Denver soon, but whether we will ever get out there to visit them is another story!

Marcie said...

How beautiful that you had that opportunity to connect with Gretchen in person. Thank you for sharing the glow!

Susie said...

Glad you had such a fun visit. I like the decorations. It will be so nice to have your family there with you for awhile. We love our families. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

So glad you had such a nice visit. It is great to meet blogger friends.
Love the red dishes.

Kim said...

Oh how fun you two ladies must have had. There is nothing like company coming to spruce up one's home. Yours dear Pom Pom is magical....just like you!

Sandy said...

I've had the pleasure several times of meeting someone face to face after knowing them on line. It's great fun. I've done with my charity when I've met some of my donors, I've done with people I knew from a gravin site, and some from my fitbit groups. When you have something in common with people it's pretty neat to extend your friends like that.
Traveling Suitcase

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom! Love the pictures. Your house is so hygge!

ellen b. said...

How nice to meet up and enjoy a long time bloggy friend. And your fun never stops. Nothing like overnight visitors to motivate us to clean some corners we've ignored. I'm guessing you will have many little visitors on Halloween. We will see if we get any country trick or treaters. We do know our little grand will come visit with her parents. We will have our first overnight visitors in November, my sister and her husband are coming. That will be nice. Happy week to you with your visitors!

Melanie said...

Friends are so special, aren't they? I've met friends in such unexpected places and they have become so dear to me. Have fun with your friends visiting. They have come and gone. I'm a bit late in getting here! Have a blessed day.

Happy@Home said...

I am sure Gretchen felt very welcome in your cozy home. How wonderful when blog friends meet in person. Have a Happy Halloween.

Lisa Richards said...

I love all the fall decorations, AND that you got to meet Gretchen, in person! :)

Followers