Friday, June 15, 2018

The June-i-est June

 Kelli's family went to Niagara Falls!  It looks exciting, doesn't it?
 They actually went a lot of places including the big Bible museum in Kentucky.  Look at the doors to the ark!
 The prince says hello.  It's hard living such a pampered life. 






 Even though the weather has been extremely hot, sock knitting still occurs. 
 Here is my knitting view.  Gumbo Lily's sheep stare at me.  I love their faces. 
 I went out to the retreat house to pray with my prayer ladies.  Isn't it lovely country?

 Bill and I celebrated our 40th anniversary!  No, we didn't do a big "woo woo" something to commemorate four decades of marriage.  We had a nice outside dinner and talked.  It was perfect. 
 And the next morning we went for a lovely walk. 
 I ordered this old pattern from Etsy.  I really like its fanciness. Yes, it is a maternity pattern, but sometimes they make the best tops!  Ha!  Isn't it cute?
 I sewed bunting/flags for the garden.
 Our anniversary gift to ourselves was a patio table.  We've never had one before and we've been enjoying it so much! 
 The scarecrow girl is doing her job.  No crows!  Magpies, yes.  The birds (or squirrels) planted the sunflowers. 
We spent a few days in Golden, retreating with Bill's ministry staff.  Our Brad and April provided the worship music so I was thrilled to have a chance to hang around with them.  I love them so. 
When we returned home, this one was angry.  He's recovered now.
 Plum even came over to see him while we were away.  
 My lovely neighbor Reve gave me her dishes.  They were in her garage and now they are in our cupboard.  I love them. 

I planted this flower area this year.  I think I just stored stuff here last year.  
 I thought I'd show you my funny shoes and socks.  
 Here is the granny dress!
 And one of the re-painted gnomes.  
 Another sock (I'm working on the pair).  I think you've seen this one many times. Sorry. 
 Here is my little journaling spot.
 Before my sister suggested the plastic drawers, I was quite overwhelmed.  Now it is orderly, but I haven't really gone downstairs to the basement and enjoyed all the orderliness.  I'm not sure why. 


Maybe it's too cold (the air conditioning keeps it breezy in the basement).  I do love to iron, sew, and now glue, draw and cut in my little lower domain. 
Now we are home and summer can just be.  The weather is supposed to cool and I think that'll be nice for gardening.  I have some weeds to attack.
I hope that YOU are feeling good in your skin, aware of the God of the universe, and interested in the world around us.  God be with you, kind visitor.  

21 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Dream post as always. Happy Ruby Anniversary to you both. You live such a charmed life, Pom. A million miles away from mine. At the moment, I feel like I'm drowning in other peoples' misery. C'est La Vie for me. Happy Weekend to you, dearest friend. xxx

Kim said...

I love your pretty Granny dress. It even has a doily pocket...perfect! Cool socks and flowers on your shoes...ooh la la. Your retreat looks nice; how fabulous to get away with christian friends and just be. Your garden is looking neat with your new plantings of petunias, pretty new bunting and gorgeous blue birdbath.....love that bird bath. As ever, a fun and beautiful post, sweet Pom Pom. Enjoy a glorious new week.

Julia said...

Dear Pom Pom, I love your summery day's photos. They speak of a wonderful time for the family and your gardens are all so tidy and pretty.
I love those little plastic drawers to organize my crafts. and your work table is well equipped.

I can imagine that Prince is not impressed at being left home while you were away just by the look on his face.

Happy 40th Anniversary. You look so radiant in that wedding picture and you still look radiant 40 years later. The patio table is the perfect gift. I still haven't got mine and we've been married 52 years. I got a little Bistro set. lol. To my chagrin, my husband isn't much of a patio guy.

Sooner or later, you'll need those nice winter socks. Love how you do the heel.
Hugs, Julia

happyone said...

Wow so much going on. I've been to Niagara Falls a few times and it always amazes me. Just to stand by the falls and feel the power is awesome.
Wow that is some door. Our church had a trip there but we didn't make it. I'd love to go sometime.
Happy Anniversary. : ) May you have many many more.

Kim said...

Oops...I forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, dear Pom Pom. Wow...40 years....how wonderful!! You both look so sweet in your photo. Xx

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Anniversary!!! How young and lovely you both looked and in your new granny dress you look just as lovely!!
I really like how you've decorated the front of your fireplace. The ruffle and heart banner are so cute.
I'm glad life is going to slow down a bit for you now. Enjoy the summer days while they last.

Henny Penny said...

Your post are always so sweet and pretty, I don't know what to comment on first. I want a granny dress like yours! You know, some of my favorite tops have been cute maternity tops I find at Goodwill .My favorite little robe is maternity too and I love it. Happy Anniversary! I simply love the wedding picture!

elizabeth said...

happy anniversary!!! :)))) wonderful patio furniture!!! yay!!! love your space for journaling! those plastic drawers are perfect! I would think the cold in the basement may keep me out too; perhaps a warm hoodie/jacket and slippers + hot tea for when down there would help? I love your style, the dress and the many creative things you do!! God bless you too!

Julie said...

Love everything in this post dear Pom Pom ... love your summery dress, love the pocket. Love your sock knitting, love your painted garden ornaments. Love Love Timothy!!

Julie said...

P. s Happy HAPPY Anniversary - saw your photo on instagram & loved it. Just wonderful! Bless. Xxx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a nice newsy post!

Congrats on your 40th anniversary!

What are those neat socks with your comfy looking shoes?

Have a wonderful summer ~ FlowerLady

Kit said...

Great pics of the family! My first thought when I saw the pool was, "you're gonna need a bigger pool" (Jaws reference....lol) You look cute as does your outfit. Have a great weekend! :) Kit

Angela said...

I love the little curtain under your mantel- it is so Susan Branchish! How did you put up the rod; I can't see the ends so it is hard to tell. Your garden bunting is so cute!

ellen b. said...

And God be with you! Happy 40 years to you and your guy. Wonderful set to gift yourselves with and what a sweet wedding photo. You have been busy, as usual. It's always a variety of fun when I visit here. I should repaint my gnomes... Happy Father's day weekend to you and yours dear Pom Pom.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Happy anniversary to you both. Your retreat looks a wonderful peaceful place. I had a weekend in the countryside where i spent my childhood, that felt like a retreat and i feel full of peace and hope and, gratitude. I must start a gratitude journal again, i got lazy 😏

Gumbo Lily said...

Happy, Happy 40th Anniversary to you two! I love it that you gave each other a patio set. You will use it and love it so much. Your garden spots look so cheery and bright. Glad you are getting some time at the retreat to pray. Happy June!

Farm Girl said...

That is wonderful to be married 40 years. I sure have enjoyed seeing the pictures of you and Bill and then the picture this morning for Father's Day. I think you have had a nice summer so far. I hope today is just as perfect. Ben and Megan have loved Colorado.

M.K. said...

Hi, Pom. So many pretty things! You have indeed been busy - I love your bunting so much. I keep meaning to make some. The granny dress is adorable, and the pocket is fabulous :) Your socks look better and better, and that one pair looks so soft and comfy. The dishes are very pretty - blue and white is lovely. What a nice neighbor!
We've had a rough few weeks, honestly. Too much. I'm feeling the stress inside me and need to find ways to have peace. If I were there, I would go out to that beautiful country and have prayer time with you and your ladies.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Your garden is pretty. Happy Anniversary. It sound like you had a nice one. Ours is tomorrow! Snazzy shoe and sox! I loved visiting the Ark. How could one not like it! Enjoy your new patio table and chairs. Nancy

Jeanie said...

I love every happy photo but my favorite is the beach balls. It says it all! Wishing you a belated but very happy anniversary!

Beca said...

You're too cute. Happy anniversary! I love the patio set you bought for each other. It's something you can enjoy with your whole family. Looks like your June has been a happy one. The God of the Universe has been good. ♥
xx Beca

Followers