Monday, April 30, 2018

Almost May



Aria's birthday is today!  8!  She visited a week ago and we went to the American Girl store.  It was fun. I think it is so sweet that several grannies work there and they are very helpful.
We later dashed to the airport to pick up Great Grandma!  Aria and Atticus know their way around the airport.  They moved so fast that the camera couldn't focus!
 Jenny's camping adventures are fun for me via photos!  A pelican!  I didn't know we have pelicans in Colorado.  (Jody, maybe I need to have A Big Year!)  A big year is when you try to find and record as many birds as possible. Jody from Gumbo Lily told me about it and I watched the movie she suggested.  It's good! (The Big Year)

One morning I got up early and lit the beeswax candles I bought from the nuns in Boston.  (The Holy Nativity Convent - remember when Susan Branch visited because the nuns are BIG fans of SB?)

 Christie made Great Grandma's favorite dessert.  YUMMY!
 We went to the Good Feet store and my mom bought new shoes.  She had to try them out at JoAnn's.  I went to the restroom and then I had to walk around quite a bit before I found her.  She's spry.
 She was able to see all of her Colorado family while she was here AND the blossoms remained intact to decorate her visit. 


 Timothy found my mom quite interesting. He even sat on her lap one day.  He's been burrowing under quilts lately because the house still has the remains of winter chill. 
 When I was a Blue Bird (Camp Fire Girls) we learned a song that had a line in it that makes me feel a little (not a lot) guilty.  The line is, "to learn to finish what I begin".  Yeah, I don't do that.  I started yet another knitting project.  It's a cotton bag.  


I'm kind of draggy today.  I was going to plant seeds but I don't feel like getting dirty.  My reluctance to get dirty affects my gardening productivity.  Back to knitting . . . . 

Happy spring to you (or fall if you are down under).  Thank you for always coming by and saying such lovely things.  I really love that.
xoxo

21 comments:

Kim said...

Gorgeous blossoms heralding your mum's visit. Love the glow of candles. I must say, love the gelato-ish colours of your cotton. A bag should look lovely knitted in those pretty shades. Enjoy your lovely Spring day, lovely lady.

Susie said...

The little ones are so adorable. * is still cute and fun to craft with. :) Glad your mom got some comfy shoes. The flowering trees are beautiful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Julia said...

Oh no PomPom, not another project. Is there such a thing as Knitters Anonymous? lol
Maybe you need help, lol... The yarn is so lovely, I can't blame you for starting another project.

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter. She looks pleased with her purchase.

I love that you are sharing your blossoms with us. It will be a while before we get some. I have one crabapple tree in my front yard. they don't last long as it usually gets hot as soon as they bloom but they are so pretty.

I'm glad your mom is having a great time while visiting her family and friends.

We're in a major flood at the moment but we still have power.
Hugs, Julia

Julie said...

Beautiful blossoms dear Pom Pom. You always have such blue skies over there! Hello to Timothy, yes Pippi & Blackie are snuggling now too. I love your bright happy knitting colours.

Lynn said...

Happy Spring 🥀🌿☘🌷🍀⚘
Thank you for such lovely cheery posts. x

Elizabethd said...

How beautiful those blossoms are. We are beginning to see flowering trees coming out in England now. Joy, Spring is here!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Looks like a lovely visit and the birthday girl looked very happy, indeed! Camp Fire Girls! I was in Girl Scouts but I remember Camp Fire! Yeah, I don't always finish things either! Looks like spring has sprung -- have a good one!

Jeanie said...

what a happy day in your household! Big celebrations. Even the yarn looks like a celebration! I remember that Susan B. post -- loved it!

happyone said...

Nice to hear your mom found some good shoes. So important to have comfortable shoes.
All the blooms are beautiful and what gorgeous yarn colors.

Farm Girl said...

I was a Blue Bird!! I didn't know many girls who were Blue Birds. That makes me happy. I still even have my Mom's Blue Bird vest. It was covered in beads.
How cool. Your pictures are lovely. Our grands are growing up so fast.
Your flowers are so nice.
Enjoy your knitting. When it warms up I am pretty sure you will like getting in the garden. It worked for me. Now I don't mind getting dirty.
Have a lovely day.

M.K. said...

That's a hard choice: Dirt. Yarn. Dirt. Yarn. Haha :) I like your bright colors. That will be a pretty bag. Your mama has had a lovely visit, and she is spry! We have warm days here, and then chilly nights. Crazy spring!

Lisa Richards said...

I'm with Tim! That spot looks so comfy!
Glad you had a fantastic visit with your mom!
Your knitting reminds me of my book reading. I keep starting a new one because there are so many I want to read!
Happy birthday, Aria! :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'm imagining the lovely smell that bees wax candles have and the yummy taste of strawberry shortcake. Yummy.
Happy birthday to Aria!!

ellen b. said...

How nice that your mom could visit and see all her "people" and get her favorite dessert, too. Sweet.

Gumbo Lily said...

Can Aria be 8? Oh my. I think I recall when she was a baby on your blog. Golly. So glad G. Grandma has arrived. What fun! And that strawberry shortcake looks deeeeelish!

Love seeing all of the blossomed trees. And the pelican. I have spied pelicans here in Montana too. Quite a sight! I think you should do a Big Year! Maybe your grands do it with you! There is a wonderful Dover coloring book on Amazon called 50 Birds to Color (or maybe it's North American). I gave one to each birder that is doing the Big Year with me.

Happy May sweet Karen! I blow a kiss to your Mom, who must be as sweet as you!

GretchenJoanna said...

That you should feel the teensiest bit guilty about not finishing a project makes me angry with those Campfire Girls songwriters. Pooh! Just think of all the bad things that people begin to do, that they change their minds about, thanks be to God. This idea of Finishing What You Begin being a virtue should go into the Bad Theology Bin like a couple of those bumper stickers I saw. No one's salvation depends on you completing a knitting project, Pom Pom! So enjoy!! XXOO

faith76 said...

Those blossoms look marvelous! Loving the colours chosen for your new project bag xxx

My Creative Life said...

Arh Timothy, my previous cats used to love snuggling under warm towels and bedding but QT is not keen at all. Very strange, they're all different I know but he's definitely a wuss puss (coward). I love your chosen yarn colours, very pretty. I look forward to seeing what you make. Cathy x

Merlesworld said...

I like the name of your blog very catchy, you do have a busy life, the cat in the blankets is cute mine do that and we very just had the hotest summer ever I think they just like snuggling.
Merle............

Fat Dormouse said...

As someone I know says "Yay for all the Yayness!" Everything you write about sounds cheery and jolly.

How's the garden growing now? And all your crafting!! You put me to shame!

Elderberry-Rob said...

hi, I'm back from my travels. Lovely to see you have had your mum to stay. we are having a heatwave so back from Vietnam with jet lag yesterday I mowed the grass and today I dug the borders and wood chipped them and made a damp corner for the toads. Work tomorrow.
Isn't it fun following Susan Branch on her travels :)

Followers