Saturday, April 21, 2018

A Quick Visit


Even though it snowed today, the blossoms have been so pretty.  I hope the lilacs last for weeks.  
This fat goose was sitting in the grass by the bank.  I think he is sunbathing. 
 I found a good place in the USA to buy this Norwegian wool - The Woolly Thistle!  
 The yarn fest was SO much fun.  I was a little overwhelmed by all the wool and only bought a little.  Aren't the mittens and cuffs below cozy?



 For Kim and Julia - tiny hooked rugs.

(I did not buy all the pictured yarn!  Sheesh!  I just thought you might like to see the colors!)
 We've had some 70 degree days so the girls have been swimming in their new pool.  Kelli was handing something to Millie and fell in.  
 We went downtown to Birdie and Miss Bug's choir concert today.  Aw!

I have been busy getting ready to welcome my mama TOMORROW!  Yippee!
She's going to see fifteen great grands while she is here.  


I am so thankful that our kids live close.  Tomorrow Brad and April are coming down for a baseball game (Rockies) and CB and Finn are joining them, but Aria and Atticus are staying with me.  Bill is going to a play with Kelli and the girls, but by the time I get back from the airport with GGJo (that's what we call great grandma Bear) Brad's family will be here.  From that point on it's visit, visit, visit.  Yay!
I hope to find lots of time to drink coffee and talk, too (just us).  
Today we are finally home and cozy inside.
James is turning FOUR in a few weeks and Aria turns 8 on the 30th so we're going to the American Girl Store when she's here tomorrow.
Thank you for coming by and checking on me.  I'm hungry and sleepy, so I'm a bit brain dead.  I'll be back with spring-y photos soon.
(BIG HUG!)

24 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Sounds like a lot of fun at your house. Your mom is going to be in 7th heaven with all the kiddos. Enjoy your visit.

Hugs,
Mary

Granny Marigold said...

What a sweet picture of you, your hubby, and the grand-girlies.
The wool is so pretty; I could just have it in a basket and stare at it.
Have a super wonderful visit with your lovely Mom!!

Julie said...

Beautiful pics dear Pom Pom. Such blue skies & so much yarny goodness! Love it Xxx Enjoy your time with your dear Mum Xxx

Between Me and You said...

I could do with a dip in that pool! The pic of the pool with the barn in the background is the stuff that my dreams are made of!!! I've been visiting my Ma too this week...in hospital!!Have a wonderful time with yours.xxxxx

Julia said...

The Wolly Thistle looks like a wooly heaven. Such beautiful wool and thanks for showing us those cute tiny rugs. I love your family photo and I think I see a resemblance to you in the girls. They are all so pretty and happy. Wishing you a fantastic visit with your mother.
Wow, 70 degrees and pool time already. Goodbye winter for sure.
Hugs, Julia

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Loved the pix, Pom! I hope you have a great visit with your mama. I'm going to visit mine in KY today.

xofrances

Jeanie said...

Look at all those beautiful pinks and that FABULOUS wool! Oh, my -- even though I don't knit like I used to, I swoon in a yarn shop!

I love the family photo. And is that a mirror or what with the heart -- lovely photo. They all are. Have a grand time on your visit -- spring is here!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

yes, checking in! So busy! The flowers are lovely as is the wool -- the kids aren't bad either! Sounds like you have an exciting time coming up! Enjoy!

Kit said...

Oh have a wonderful visit with your Mom and everyone! :) Kit

Lynn said...

You inspire me 😊xx

happyone said...

Such pretty blooms against that blue sky.
Oh yes, those mittens looks wonderfully warm and cozy.
Swimming!? Wow!

Marcie said...

All that family time sounds so joyful and cozy. It makes me happy just to read about it! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh those flowers against the blue sky ... just wonderful.
Loved seeing all of your photo's, it certainly sounds as if you have a fun busy time ahead.

All the best Jan

Debbie Harris said...

Look at those gorgeous blossoms! Thank you for sharing your beauty with us.
We have a pond on our property and our two geese have arrived. These two have come for a few years now, we also have two mallard ducks, they have not arrived as of yet.
We had 43 wild turkeys over the winter, but they are dwindling because they are sitting on their nests now. We so enjoy them over the winter.
Spring is making its appearance finally.
Enjoy your time with your mother~

Farm Girl said...

Have a delightful time with all of your family around you. That is a very cute picture of you with Bill and the girls. So pretty.
Is that swimming pool heated? Ours is 60 degrees still. It looks fun though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds that you had a wonderful time. swimming is good to make us feel relax and chill. Beautiful flowers:)

Lisa Richards said...

Looks like you're having a glorious time! Enjoy your sweet mom and all those grands! Tiny hooked rugs! Love them! :)

ellen b. said...

15 great grands!! Wow! So nice that your mama can come for a visit. Lot easier for one to travel instead of 15 heading her way! Such pretty yarn. That pool is going to get a lot of good use for sure. Enjoy your mama!

M.K. said...

The yarn is just gorgeous. To me, it's more beautiful that the prettiest mounded up scoop of ice cream on a cone :) And those mittens! Somebody is an expert knitter!
Have so much fun with your mama and your grands. Just delightful! Family time is so precious, esp. when it's happy and not sad.

Gumbo Lily said...

What beautiful blooms and yarns, but more beautiful yet -- you and your sweet family. Blessings on your time with Mom.

Kim said...

My goodness snow one day and swimming in the pool the next...wow! Enjoy your visit with your mum! I cannot imagine anything but you having the best time with your family!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Sounds fab, Pom! Enjoy your time with your mom. Made me think back to when my mother's sister would come for a brief visit and the two of them would talk long into the night, my mother would actually lose her voice! Don't do that! :D

magsmcc said...

Hi, PP. You're so busy with love all the time. It warms me!

My Creative Life said...

Wow, such a lot of yarn, glad you clarified it's not all yours lol, Cathy x

Followers