Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Pink Book From the Shabby Bookstore Goes Global


 Hello, friends!  Once again, I took too many photos to include in a single post.  Are you intrigued already?  The pink edition of The Wind in the Willows, purchased at a real messy used book store, flew around the world.  Now it holds such precious words and drawings.  
 When I re-read this upon receiving the book again, I thought, "Ah, how nice.  Good words, Pom Pom."  Do you ever do that?  Look at your written words and feel a deep sense of satisfaction because they make YOU feel real?






































There will be more literary jazz, written in the pink book from the shabby bookstore.  For now, please join us in a world wide tea party in honor of the book and boys that traveled from happy home to happy home, playing and adventuring their way into our hearts (again!)
March 1st is the party day.  Link to Mags or me (and let us know that you'd like to share your tea party with everyone!)  Mags says we must photograph our frocks.  This gives great "scope for the imagination" doesn't it?  Have fun with this one!
Set your table, do it your way, and invite us in to your sweet world, won't you?
More book photos to come soon.

Don't you love the way your blog friends think?  I do!  I'm richer for it!

17 comments:

M.K. said...

Hi dear! You know I'll be tea-partying with you. Must decide what cake to make. Hmm. Must hunt up a bright frock :) Friday, it is! I'm so glad you have the day off, and can thoroughly enjoy. This will be such fun, but OH, how I do wish we could do it all together in person!

Anonymous said...

What fun! :) Thanks for sharing it all with us! xx

Elderberry-Rob said...

How lovely I will do my best to join you for the tea party - I am surprised to see my messy handwriting on the book, must try to be neater! Betty

Happy@Home said...

What an amazing trip your book has been on.
Believe it or not I've never read it. Must do something about that.

Unknown said...

It is like receiving the book all over again to see all these photographs and read all the comments - how wonderful of you to post it like this.

Hoping I can manage to post for the tea-party!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh what FUN! I am so envious but, you led me wisely and gently, to bow out of the tour. That time of my life was so fraught with grief that I'm still missing days and weeks and months. I'll have tea on Friday but not sure I'll wear a frock...have to ponder on that one -smile-.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier, but I don't think it worked. Anyway! So good to see our boys safe at home. I hope I can come to your tea party--well, I know I'm invited, I just hope I can participate, but even if I can't, I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. Such a wonderful idea, all of this!

xofrances

no spring chicken said...

You are just wonderful! I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Pom Pom knows how to have fun, and how to invite others into the fun. Thank you. See you March 1st!!

Blessings, Debbie

libbyquilter said...

so fun to see the various participation represented in the book~!~and to think my parents thought it a terrible sin to write or color in a book . . .
i think i need to have fun doing some of that myself now that i am my own 'parent'.

:-)
libbyQ

libbyquilter said...

so fun to see the various participation represented in the book~!~and to think my parents thought it a terrible sin to write or color in a book . . .
i think i need to have fun doing some of that myself now that i am my own 'parent'.

:-)
libbyQ

Gumbo Lily said...

A bookful of sweet thoughts.
Blessed book.

The Provincial Homemaker said...

It was such a fun idea. I am glad it has finally made it back to you. Am enjoying revisiting all the pages.

Attic Clutter said...

pompom oh what a fun lively wonder(:) you are !
thanks on my new lil'lamp ..
(:)

Attic Clutter said...

154
one more and we will be tied on FOLLOWERS(:)

magsmcc said...

This is beautiful. One day I'm going to curl up with a mug of steaming tea, on your blue sofa, and read and read and read!! Will have to make do with a mug of steaming tea on Friday- I like the picture of a frock idea. That could be my way forward!

Unknown said...

Wow that book is well travelled and well loved. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Pamela said...

Your posts are always so delightful and I think this is one of my favorites! I'll have to visit again just to take it all in!

Followers