Friday, January 31, 2014

Warm Wishes

 Not a BIG SNOW kind of a morning, but snow just the same.  NO snow day.  Boo.  I must get organized because I have to make a grocery store stop before school.  I'd LIKE to take it easy and slow today.  Oh well.



 I'll put on a happy face.  
 I've been having coconut milk or nothing in my coffee.  I'm trying to break my coffee creamer habit.  It's so hard.  I wish I had never moved from black coffee to delicious looking tan coffee.  I'm going to keep at it.  
 It's still pitch black outside and lighted corners remind me that it is not spring yet.  Tomorrow IS the love month and as January comes to a close, let's give ourselves a pat on the back for soldiering through some wacky weather and a nice new beginning.  We are headed to spring's sweet gifts of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocus, AND Easter.  We don't have much of a spring in Colorado.  It can freeze in early May. It's nice to remain optimistic just the same.
 My eraser was very smudgy this morning, but here's a happy little girl and her dog.  
I was reading a letter that the apostle Paul wrote to Timothy and I liked reading one of Paul's requests. He asked if when Timothy came he would bring him a coat, his books, and his papers.  Where are your books and papers?  When I go upstairs to iron a bit before school, I am going to feast my eyes on my books and papers.  I do love them.
Well, that'll do for my little "hello to you" post for today.  Warm wishes.  

18 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Good morning, Pom! I like your drawing very much, especially the pooch. That's what Travis looks like right now, as I can't bring myself to get him groomed in this cold weather we're having. We had two inches of snow on Tuesday night and missed two days of school. The South is not really set up for snow.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
xofrances

TexWisGirl said...

the drawing is so cute! stay safe and warm!

melanie said...

I love snow, I hope we get some before Spring! :) x

Attic Clutter said...

oh yea POM
(:)
snow is a good thing(:)
hugs.patty

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Good morning Pom Pom! You must be well into your morning by now and I hope it's being kind to you and you are enjoying your classroom full of bright young faces.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

Oh, I do love that little dog you drew!

RedSetter said...

What a lovely cheerful post PomPom.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Snow? or fairy dust? I think fairy dust.

Elderberry-Rob said...

p.s. I like your drawings, do more please!

Farm Girl said...

Have a very happy Friday. Your snow looks so pretty.
I love your drawing. It is a makes me happy kind of drawing.
I do hope you have a lovely kind of weekend.

Gumbo Lily said...

We have snow too, not much, but enough to stop us from shearing today. I like your girl and doggie too. You're a good rawer.

Are you excited about the big game with our beloved Broncos? I am!

Gabli said...

In my rush from here to there, I have not taken time to drop in and say hello. So here I go, "hello". I have missed reading your blog.
I too switched to no dairy at all and to coconut milk in cereal and coffee. It takes getting used to but my sinuses and tummy are relieved.
We are expecting 6 to 10 inches in Chi town area today so I will also need my books and papers too.
Stay warm,
Gabli

Lisa Richards said...

I hope you're safely ensconced in your warm home by now, looking forward to your weekend!
It's nice that you can get in some sketching before school. I know exactly what you mean about our books and papers. A promise of relaxing enjoyment when we get a chance to slow down from the world's hectic pace. I plan to enjoy my weekend off and I hope the same for you! :)

libbyquilter said...

we got a bit of snow today too. not much but better than nothing.
it will be very nice when we get back around to the spring and summer seasons~!

i hope that you are all settled in for a cozy warm weekend.

:-)
libbyQ

ann said...

I have to ask, "what time do you get up? Love the little drawing.

Leslie said...

We really need water, snow or otherwise. We are anticipating strict water restrictions this summer due to the drought. Sigh.

quilterliz said...

G'day Pom Pom. I could do with some of that snow right about now. We are in our summer here in Australia. Yesterday, in my part of this beautiful country it got to 41 degrees. Today it's expected to reach 43 and the same tomorrow. March will see us heading into our autumn and it will still be hot. Love the drawing. Take care. Liz...

M.K. said...

Hi, Pom. It was dark and early, wasn't it? I hope you had a restful, luxurious, happy Saturday after your school week. Your girl with her puppy is so cute! I love her "drawers" showing under her big skirt. Happy February!

Blogger said...

3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Followers