Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pots and a Quick Tea Party

 When we were married (long ago!) we had a nice big  wedding with cake and punch in the church basement for afters (smile!) We were showered with useful gifts and my tiny rental house cupboards were full of all kinds of "stuff".  I've been using my Revere Ware pans all these years and I will still keep them, but Kelli gave me new cookware for Christmas.  Nice!  I had to clear out 250 pieces of loose Tupperware to make room for them.  Well worth it!  I haven't used them to cook yet, because I've been over at her house with the girls.  I'm home now.  Whew.

 Prior to that, we went to Boulder to see my sister and her husband and my precious niece who is a pastor's wife there.  SHE is a darling.  We have tea parties in this family and Amy produced a nice kiddie tea in the blink of an eye. Aw!

 I didn't know she has a Brown Betty, too! There are LOTS of girls in this family, but her sweet boy joined in.  LOVE HIM.
 Amy has a darling dog and this six month old cat, Ginny.  I wanted Ginny to jump in my purse!



 Here's the pastor.  He's so nice.
 Out at Kelli's house, Granny did a lot of letting the dogs out and letting the dogs in.  I love her new kitchen, so we made lots of hot chocolate and toast.  Birdie practiced her reading (Look at all that peanut butter!  She ate it!)
Yes, three little golden heads were very sweet for Granny.  They liked lounging around with no place to go. We didn't even get in the car the entire time.  
Tomorrow it is back to school for me.  I'm sure my students will be sleepy all day.  They are at that age when sleep seems unnecessary, so I suspect getting up early again for school will render them quite dreamy.  It's okay.  It's time for poetry (YAY!) and grammar prep.  We can do it.
The wind is blowing snow off the roof outside.  I'm happy to be inside wrapped in a shawl.  Time for toast.
Thank you for stopping by for a friendly hello!

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad you enjoyed your time off from school this holiday. I would like to be your grandchild!!! What a wonderful family you have.

Farm Girl said...

Aw you have to go back to school already? I was going to ask that. Your pictures look like you had an amazing time with family and your lovely girls.
It all looks like fun and it must be cold in the wind is blowing the snow off of the roof. Stay bundled up and close to the fire. Email coming soon. :)

TexWisGirl said...

the tea party is very cute. :) congrats on the new cookware set!

M.K. said...

I love Birdie's mushed bread and PB -- heehee, just like a kid! So adorable. I know you had a lovely time with them. We missed you! Your break is so quickly over, and I hope your poetry study is a joy and a time of rest for the teacher's mind and heart. Isn't it nice to belong to a tea-partying family?

Marcie said...

Enjoy your back to school week! That half-way through the year mark is sneaking up on you quickly!

April said...

Amy's tea party looked like fun! Wish we could have been there.

Lisa Richards said...

Beautiful pots and pans! Glad you got to enjoy so much family on your break. I'm off to work very early tomorrow morning after 4 days off. It's supposed to be extremely cold here in Northern Minnesota! You have a great week and thanks for stopping by my daughter's new blog. You're a peach! :)

libbyquilter said...

bright new pans, tea parties and sweet golden heads . . . hot chocolate and cozying up inside . . . a warm shawl on a windy night and toast to nibble . . .
life is SO very good.

wishing you much energy with your sleepy students upon returning to school.

:-)
libbyQ

magsmcc said...

Stay warm xx I'm up and dressed seven hours earlier than usual this morning!!

melanie said...

The tea party looks like such fun! I do love a tea party :) x

Debi said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with your grands! School started up here as well, but we're having an ice day! Even though I am retired I got the "robo call" cancelling school at 6:40 this morning!

Attic Clutter said...

ha..love the 3 golden sweet heads Pom(:)
those were some well made pans!!
hugs..patty

Leslie said...

What a sweet party! Love your new pans. What will you cook up first?

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Karen, it's bitterly cold, be safe and careful. Your new pots/pans look quite nice, you're going to enjoy them. Love the children and the tea party...what *fun*!

Gumbo Lily said...

That tea party looked very nice. I was glad to see the young man joining you too. When our kids were young, we had a tea party almost every Sunday night (instead of supper) and I made an effort to find manly teacups for the 4 sons and their dad. It was funny how they fought over some of them.

You're such a good granny to take care of those sweet girls. Such sweet memories they will always have of you, Pom Pom.

Kit said...

What a lovely tea party! They look like they are having such a fun time. Have fun at school. I went back today, and it was great to see the kids. :) Kit

Susan B said...

Your cookware set looks really nice! I'm glad you enjoyed time with your family. I enjoyed all of your sweet photos. Stay safe and warm in this cold weather! :)

Heather L. said...

I like this impromptu tea party!!! I think I would like your niece! And we have something in common too, being pastor's wives.

Followers