Friday, January 24, 2014

Chocolate Dreams

 Does January seem rather long to you?  Jan. 1 seems like FOREVER ago to me.  One more week and then the LOVE month.  We have birthdays in February and I'm planning on eating quite a bit of chocolate.  I am also planning on eating cream eggs and chocolate bunnies as soon as the Valentine candy has been replaced with the Easter candy. 
 I've been drinking tea at school.  Tea seems to go well with poetry.  Yesterday the reading class painted, too.  We copied a poem onto the middle of a big page and then watercolored around it.  Such art!  I played great Mexican guitar music while they worked.  It was a very good day.
 Even though some of the sixth graders are beginning to grow up into the rocky period of being a teenager, a lot of them are still very childlike.  I love it.  Innocent faces.  Messy hair.  Open-faced smiles.  Precious.
 I'm very glad it is Friday.  I miss home and I love Saturday morning sit arounds.  

This is Millie's baby hand holding my heart brooch.  Aw.  Look at those fresh pink fingers and the cheerful printed sleeve. 
I must stop at the store today to purchase some promised donuts for the afternoon class (they were great for the substitute teacher last week).  I'm going to stroll down the Valentine aisle and see if there are any irresistible goodies there.  Oh, and I hope I remember to buy some chocolate for break time munching.  What is your favorite chocolate treat?
Love love love coming your way . . . 

17 comments:

ann said...

January does take forever. And I like your plan for February. My friend taught 6th grade geography here in Ault for many years. She has now retired and subs; we would compare notes-- my college freshmen and her 6th graders. Not a lot of difference. Oh and you will enjoy this one: my soon to be 11 year old grandson announced to his mom before his birthday that he would soon be entering poverty. Of course he meant puberty. He is a very serious lad and we got quite a laugh out of his malaprop. Have a wonderful week end. It is supposed to warm up.

Miss Val's Creations said...

January does feel like it is taking forever. Another chocolate season is among us. I pretty much love anything chocolatey! Children can be so easy to please. Just bring them donuts and there will be a room full of smiles!

Nancy McCarroll said...

What a wonderful cross stitched piece you have. Did you do that? Lots of cute accessories to make a great picture.

Love baby Millie's hand.

TexWisGirl said...

i like that house mug in the 2nd to last photo. :)

M.K. said...

Yes, I'm also looking so forward to February. I like January, the quiet stillness, the time for thought and rumination on year behind, year ahead. But after a few weeks of that, I'm ready to DO something :) I love Valentine's, and that Adam and I will go on a date and exchange gifts, just us two :)
Favorite chocolate? I really like homemade things -- chocolate pie, warm chocolate pudding. I love a really good chocolate bar, but I adore it if my chocolate has toffee chips and almond bits or pecan chips in it - yummmmm.

Farm Girl said...

I love that happy tablecloth. I have a old linen one that someone gave me that looks a lot like that.
I love the sweet baby hand and all of your lovely tea cups. I am so glad you are having a nice week.
I love to look at all of the Valentines treats. I have my eyes on boxes to get for my family but alas none for me. Sort of a mixed blessing I think. Have a lovely Friday!

Marcie said...

My favorite chocolate treat is my mom's old fashioned "wacky cake" recipe. I also love the version that replaces the liquid with left over coffee. Mmmm... coffee and chocolate in a moist delicious cake!

Stay warm! We are hunkered down in the midst of another blizzard here. Fresh pot of minestrone warming on the woodstove right now!

libbyquilter said...

it feels good to be loved by you Pom Pom~!!
i was totally amazed when i realized that your stitched image(the first one) is so very much like my written list of things that make me smile . . . and THAT made me smile some more ~!!~

have a lovely lazy weekend.

:-)
libbyQ

Jeannette said...

You certainly know how to put some cheery color into the month...and apparently some chocolate too!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

and here I am thinking January had skates on his wings...sweet little baby hand and, as to chocolate, any chocolate will do, especially dark.

Lisa Richards said...

Enjoy your well-deserved weekend! Your students sound very loveable. I love chocolate covered cherries! Milk chocolate! :D

Catherine said...

Hello Pom Pom, what a darling hand, dear Millie. I guess January must seem so much longer for you being so chilly & with the short days. I do like making February the month for love...such a grand intention. Aren't love hearts so nice. I have a few dishes that are hearts. I might plan something nice to make for Rob in them. I like your darling little cups & saucers. Have a good week. Almost February!. Much love GK x0x0x

Left-Handed Housewife said...

My favorite chocolate treat? How can I choose! I very much enjoy chocolate truffles and chocolate cake and brownie pie ... oh the list goes on forever.

I think teaching poetry to sixth graders would be marvelous. I used to do poetry workshops in the schools was amazed with what the kids came up with. Brilliance!

Love to you to, my dear. xoxofrances

melanie said...

I plan on eating a lot of cream eggs too :) x

Bonnie said...

I would have liked to have had a teacher like you!!! I like Hersheys Kisses for munching. Plain old Hersheys Kisses.

Pom Pom said...

Yes, I did stitch the sampler quite a long time ago. It was a joy to work on - so happy!

April said...

My favorite chocolate treats, right now, are chocolate covered pomegranates and chocolate covered almonds. Yum!

Followers