Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Friend Smiles

 I lit a candle for you, blog friends.  Here it is day eight of the heart month and it is whizzing by!  I have a big event at school on Friday evening and I've had to allow all the "to dos" to occupy a good amount of space in my brain lately.  Plus, we've had the heart birthdays to enjoy!  Lunch with my girls was fun!  We wish sweet April could have joined us (Atticus is keeping her quite busy and AWAKE!)

 I must get out and about for some heart viewing in big stores and small! 
 I haven't even taken the time to brew tea in my polka dot Christmas teapot!

 However, I would like to brew a pot of tea for Peter Rabbit AND my friend Kim in California.  She is one the kindest women ever and she sent me this LOVELY BP Journal.  It makes me so happy.  Don't you LOVE the way rabbits look?  They have those strong hind legs and tend to stiffen up when you hold them (unlike rag doll cats!) but they look so beautiful!  What a GREAT animal!


 Thank you, good Kim!  Thank you for blessing little old me!
 Here is my friend Sherrie.  She is an answer to prayer.  She is new at my school, just this year.  I prayed for a kindred spirit and He delivered.  We do a little book club for kids after school on Mondays, we Zumba together, we share ideas and plan together.  It's bliss!  Isn't she pretty? Sorry about my cluttered classroom.  I must tidy up.
 More random stuff here.  I am taking a lot of photos for the "big event" and I am not sure why I opened the staff refrigerator at school and shot this picture, but frozen ice pops DO symbolize HOPE for warmer weather, don't they?  I am SO thankful for my down jacket this winter. 
Here's one of my better bird drawings.  Also, a canoe painting.  I used to draw canoes quite often.  I guess I long for the water.  Well, the snow is dwindling away and I'm glad Bill will enjoy some New Zealand, Australian, and Singapore weather after all that shoveling he had to do!  Whew!
It's library day again, so my students and I will sit in the company of books today and that is a good, good, good thing.
Thank you for popping by to say hello.  I hope you are very well and I hope you have a day full of light and joy!
I'm so thankful for friends!
Oh!  My friend Elaine gave me a friend book a few decades ago.  I'll share a few quotes (kids say the cutest things!)
"A friend leaves an apple on a low branch for someone shorter than himself."  ~ Caren
"A friend doesn't care if you haven't taken a bath in two weeks or ever."  ~ Ricky
"Personally, I think a friend would trade papers with you when he has a 100 and you have a 0."
                                  ~Judy
"A friend is someone you like and care for as yourself."          ~ Walter

25 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is always nice to take a peek into your world, Pom Pom. I always need bright colors to wake me up. Your drawing is lovely.
I do hope you have a week that isn't too busy.
Blessings to you.

April said...

I wish I could have joined you guys to celebrate Kelli, too. Someday. I am ready for warmer weather too.

Gigi said...

Happy birthdays to everyone! Such pretty smiley faces. Love your beautiful B. P. journal, and your drawings are so sweet, charming, & happy.
Blessings Miss P,
G

Bonnie said...

Good luck Friday. A friend is a blessing that can not be underestimated.

Lisa Richards said...

Kim is a good friend. What a beautiful journal!

Glad to see that God sent you a kindred spirit. Moral support is a good thing!

I love your robin drawing and I'm blessed to have one of your canoe drawings!

Have a wonderful heart month and enjoy your wonderful family!

Love you!

(Oh, and the teapot and cups with the veggies are adorable!)

Happy@Home said...

Thanks for lighting the pretty candle for us and all of the other pretty things and people you shared with us today, Pom Pom.
A happy visit :).

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am always refreshed when I come here...you lighthearted spirit just glows through your pages and sends out cheer to all that come here. Now I must go get my valentine decorations out for even the few days left...love the drawings.

What an answer to prayer...a kindred spirit, God is soooooooooo good and faithful. I know my daughter-in-law appreciates the ones God has placed around her where she teaches...she teaches reading.

Have a great week....what a nice gift to brighten up your day! God is good.

Anonymous said...

Lots of jolly things today PP! Big hugs, xxx

Elderberry-Rob said...

What a fabulous journal you have been given. You know some kind people. Betty

LissyLou said...

That beatrix potter journal looks like the same kind of style of the flower fairy one i have - must put that on my wish list x

magsmcc said...

I'm jealous of Sherrie! Is that too wrong?! I wish I worked in the classroom next to yours! This week I thoroughly enjoyed all the class I was covering- it has taken a month to enjoy being back in the classroom! But I always love love love looking at oyurs. You are one of those life-changing teachers, Pom Pom, this I just know! And Sherrie too- look at that broad smile and feel that buzz of energy- and I bet that photo was taken at the end of a school day and not even at the start! Your days are so pretty and appreciative and joy-full! We are going to the coast for a wintry weekend to mark the start of half-term- I am going to take lots of little things to practise living pretty, appreciative and joy-full! Those can be my words for the month! Love you, Pom Pom Pom!! Oh more photos of new babies, please!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Thank you so much for brightening up "heart month" like you do! As much as I love hearts, somehow I've never really tuned in to February...but you are helping me to do that. I love your all-over-the-place posts!

I'm so glad you now have a kindred spirit at your job/school. What a joy for both of you beautiful ladies.

It is 6:30 in the evening here and still 70 degrees outside! I'll go outside and flap my arms really hard and try to send some warm air currents in your direction.

Gumbo Lily said...

What fun to have lunch with The Girls! Your new friend Sherrie is very pretty and looks nice. I'm happy for you, Pom Pom.

Thanks for the candle light!
Jody

The Provincial Homemaker said...

I love how bright and colourful your classroom is - it has a bubbly personality just like you.

Glad you had a lovely time with your girls.

Thanks for the candle:)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

So much here to feast the eyes on! I'm glad you've found a kindred spirit at school; I bet that makes your day a more joyful place to be.

xofrances

no spring chicken said...

As always, your happiness is bubbling off the screen and all over me! Thank you for that.

I have that same Beatrix Potter journal... it was a birthday gift from my sister several years ago. She knows me so well, I LOVE it!!

Blessings, Debbie

Unknown said...

That Beatrix Potter journal is lovely. I love her books and am so fortunate living just to the south of the Lake District where she lived, have visited her house.

Good to see you have a fellow member of 'the race that knows Joseph' working with you. It makes all the difference to have a kindred spirit.

Btw, I'd love to have your address at some point - you can email me at carolynphillipsuk @ googlemail dot com with a dot and no spaces.

Attic Clutter said...

toadstool lamp..get it POM(:) love the colorful cheerful post too(:) Heart candle is super cool for us blogger girls.thanks (:)
hugs..p

M.K. said...

Oh, I like those friend comments from the kids -- they say the most HONEST things!! Here's hoping a warming spring breeze comes your way soon.

Leslie said...

Lots of fun celebrating going on in your live. And a kindred spirit. They are gift from God, for sure. I hope all goes well with your big event.

Kim said...

You have a beautiful blog! What a great glimpse into your life : )
Congratulations to you for your new grand baby! : )

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi cheerful lady!!!
Many (belated) congrtaulations on the arrival of your grandson!!!
Michela x

Fat Dormouse said...

I think Sherrie looks as though she would be a fab friend to have! God bless you both.
And I don't think your classroom looks cluttered - I think it looks friendly and fun. It quite makes me nostalgic for my school teaching days: one of the things I loved was preparing the classroom displays before the beginning of term, so the room looked great when the children arrived. I always loved my classrooms...what a pity I didn't always love the children!!!

libbyquilter said...

your polka dot tea pot is fun~! and the veggies tea set is too~!!~
just thinking of brewing tea makes me want a nice warm mug full . . . with honey and milk just the way i like it best . . .
i agree with you about rabbits; they are beautiful and amazing. they must be able to hear things from quite a distance with those lovely lengthy ears~!~ sometimes i wonder if nibbles (the cottontail that visits our yard/garden) can hear us talking about him/her? right through the walls and windows of the house.

:-)
libbyQ

The dB family said...

We have lots of heart month birthdays too. April and May are the only months now where there are no birthdays. Whew! Stay warm, my friend!

Blessings!
Deborah

Followers