Thursday, December 29, 2022

Pink Plans

Hello!  Well, I DID get the Christmas energy and decorated, baked, and worshiped.  We had a very sweet Christmas Eve candlelight service at home.  We saw all of our dear kids and their families.  Now I am taking down the Christmas things and I DO have that post-Christmas "out with the old, in with the new" feeling!  Yay!  We did not meet for our Little Women book club because of December busyness, but we will!  I have so many ideas and I have been studying everything Little Women.  The picture above is my notebook.  So far it contains thoughts, pictures and drawings. 

On Christmas Day, Kelli braided my hair. I wish I could do it but I am a fumble fingers when it comes to hair braiding.
April and I have been knitting Advent scarves and the scarves are getting longer and longer!
A special citrus ambassador sent me oranges and lemons!  I have eaten all the oranges and I am savoring the few lemons I have left.  YUMMY!
 
One day in December I made myself a waffle.  Aren't waffles fun (and pretty!)?
At the beginning of the month we went to New York!  I had never been!  We saw Music Man, Phantom of the Opera, and Hamilton. Wow!  I loved seeing the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.  We stayed near Central Park. 



Today the outdoors is covered in snow.  It's a marshmallow world out there.  It's a good day to take down the second tree and tuck away all the Christmas cuteness.  Little by little, I'm adding more pink because pink is so cheerful.  January will be pink and maybe the whole of 2023 will be pink.  What do you think of when you ponder the color PINK?

Can you come over for a cup of cocoa?  That's what I am having for breakfast on this white December morning.  I have lots of canned whipped cream and sprinkles, too.

God be with you, kind visitor!  I like you. 

 

15 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I should love to pop in for a cocoa. And go to New York with you - my girls have been, and loved it

Julia said...

Good afternoon dear Pompom. Your colorful scarf will come in handy to keep your neck warm on cold winter days. We also had a coating of white snow this morning and so our lawn is no longer green.

Pink. I have a pink ceramic floor in my sunroom and I love it. Even those who do not like pink, love it. However, I do not like wearing pink, lol. However, I don't know why. A cup of Cacoa sounds nice.

Take care and stay warm. Hugs.

Julia

Between Me and You said...

Your hair looks like Ma's in Little Women. Have you seen the new 'Little Women' with Uma Thurman s daughter in it? She looks just like her mother and is a great 'Jo'. I'm desperate to put the decs away. I'll do it tomorrow. Think Pink!xxx

Kim said...

I loved New York when I visited a couple of years ago. There is so much to see and absorb. I would love to visit again. How lovely to stay near Central Park. Isn't Hamilton wonderful? A theatre production relevant for these times I think; especially for Americans. Ahh...the colour pink...so pretty. I have a jug of pink roses before me; the fragrance is divine. Have you seen the 2019 film version of Little Women? It is a beautiful movie. Pretty scarf you are knitting. From what I see of the weather you are experiencing, you will need a warm woolly wrapped around you......oh...and many a mug of hot cocoa. Goodness me it is freezing there. Oh, I forgot....your hair looks pretty braided. Have a lovely week, dear Pom Pom.

happyone said...

I'd love to pop over for some cocoa, but it would be quite a commute. :)

I grew up in northern NJ and was 20 miles from NYC. I've climbed up all those stairs in the Statue of Liberty quite a few times. Back then you could even go up in the torch!!

I love waffles and yours looks heavenly.

Pink makes me think of little girls.
I like pink. They say everyone looks good in pink. It goes well with all skin types. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'd love to come for a cup of cocoa. I'd bring my new mug. It's pink and I love it. We had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream ( well, actually Cool Whip) for Christmas breakfast. The carnivores had fried ham too.
I wish I could braid my hair but alas I have fumble fingers too. I think I'll get my hair cut short in the near future.
Happy New Year, dear PomPom!!!

ellen b. said...

Well, I'm happy to read you can tick New York off your bucket list. You really packed in a lot of shows. Your hair looks amazing all braided up like that. I'm fumble fingers the second when it comes to hairdos! Glad you got the Christmas spirit in time! I'm starting to put things away here, too. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Julie said...

I love your braided hair dear sweet Pom Pom. Pink is my favourite colour so we will be very bestest friends all next year!!! It is such a restful peaceful colour. I am pleased you loved New York. Happy bright shiny New Year dear friend - it is HOT here now. xx

Between Me and You said...

Ps I loved Robert Preston in The Music Man......'we got trouble, right here in River City'!.....

Jeanie said...

I'm loving the colors in that yarn and it looks like quite a season! And of course, the hair is great. (Isn't NY fun?!)

Happy New Year!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your post and have a catch-up with your news.
Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

PS Meant to say I love the colour pink, it's my favourite colour.

All the best Jan

Farm Girl said...

Wow what a December you had! I love the pictures!
You like a pink January? I like a blue one. That is funny.
Have a wonderful 2023

Bonnie K said...

I love your project. It sounds like quite a fun adventure in New York. Good for you! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

M.K. said...

I would love to come for a cup of hot cocoa, Pom Pom! Your Christmas and your trip to NYC sound wonderful. January is busy for me -- family keeps me hopping!

Followers