Sunday, August 22, 2021

Summer Stuff

Hello friends!  I'm having a wee problem with blogger at the moment. Maybe it's just waited this long to update. I'm on a different computer, so bear with me. 
It is that time in the summer season when all the garden plants get either tired or tangled.  I could pull out garbage cans full of excess right now. Do you feel that way? It's only August and I am feeling ready to pull things up for fall.  
The flowers are lovely though.  I won't tug and pull and be ruthless just yet.
I wanted to link to Jolly's visit at Angela's so here you go:  
 
Oh!  Tim had a birthday some time in the summer (we don't know the exact date of his birth because he was rescued in Texas and driven up to a pet store in our area).  He received gifts.  He's very spoiled.  He and Noah are near the same age.  Can you believe they are 5 years old?  Wow!  Time flies.   
I am going up to see my mom on Tuesday.  Jenny is coming with me. It will be so nice to be in her company.
I'm trying to think about the fall and what my time will be like.  Will I be super busy and exhausted?  Will I find a rhythm?  My Wednesday commitment will be more all consuming than it was before.  Zoom wasn't all consuming but teaching the fourth and fifth graders and going over our Bible study with the other teachers and leaders took a good amount of time.  Now I want to support the teachers in my new role, but I'm still learning the ropes.   I hope I feel like I have a handle on it soon.  
 
I need to turn over a new leaf in regard to house cleaning.  Things around here need to be shored up, shined up, and pared down.  Sigh.
I want more time to spend communing with Jesus, singing to Him, praying thoughtfully and with a worshipful heart, and writing in my journal.  I WILL do it.  I want to move away from overthinking things. Do you overthink things?
 
Anyway,  I thank you for popping by. I hope you are well.
 

14 comments:

happyone said...

Great photos. Hard to believe Noah is 5 already!!
No, I don't over think things, I make up my mind pretty quickly.
Always nice to visit here. :)

Lady Samy said...

I also think about things too much to the point of exhaustion. Beautiful flowers from your garden. Hug
Blog Lady Samy/Facebook/Instagram/Youtube

Julie said...

Your flowers look so beautiful dear Pom Pom. I can hardly believe Timothy is turning 5!! Where did that time go ........

Granny Marigold said...

You'll have a wonderful time visiting your Mom. Nice that the weather is cooler now instead of how it has been. Hard to believe we're going into the last full week of August. I'm hoping September will bring new energy and enthusiasm for me and you and all of us who need that boost.

Between Me and You said...

Yes, I certainly do overthink things!!It's lovely that you look forward to seeing your Mum so eagerly. Mine is proving a little, shall we say, difficult lately and all eagerness to see her dissipates quickly. I'm trying to be patient with her but it's hard sometimes. Can't believe Noah is 5 already. Kitty-kat looks very healthy!Your garden looks lovely and I know what you mean about pulling things up but let's wait until later and not bring the seasons on - time flies quickly enough. I hope you find your rhythm soon - if you find mine, send it on!!xxx

Julia said...

I think August went faster than any other month because it has kept me so busy.

I'm a quick thinker and make up my mind quickly. Maybe that's why August went so fast. hehe.

Happy 5th Birthday to handsome Thimothy. He's the most relaxed cat I know.

Have a lovely visit with your mom. She will be so happy to see you and her great-granddaughter.

The link you gave for Mr Jolly's visit on Angela's blog said the page does not exist so I'll go visit her through Kezzie's blog.

Hugs, Julia

Happy@Home said...

Such summery goodness from your kitchen and garden.
How nice to be going to visit your mom. Have fun!
I believe I might be the queen of overthinking. I am trying to change that, but it's easier said than done.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see your beautiful flowers, they are nice and colourful.

All the best Jan

Elderberry-Rob said...

It's nice to include Tim in the birthday rounds, he's a lucky little kitty to have found you. Your flowers are wonderful, long may they last :) Yes, I overthink everything, I worry about things that will happen whether I worry or not! Decluttering and finding a routine is something many of us strive for, I have the housework routine sorted (small house) but struggle to think of meals everyone will eat (me vegetarian, hubby low carb diet, youngest son still at home and won't eat anything not freshly prepared and won't touch reheated microwave food, red meat or things he considers 'stodge' - you have no idea how challenging it is - we often have two people cooking different meals each night!). Hope you manage a new routine that gives you the time you need to free up for your commitments.

Between Me and You said...

Oh no, I left a comment yesterday but it hasn't showed up! I wonder if it's lost?xx

Lisa Richards said...

Yes, summer is beginning to droop, lol. I'm hanging onto a few pots of petunias, but they're getting very tangled and leggy. I also over-think things. My prayer is to care more about the people around me, and less about entertaining myself. I'm not proud of who I am right now. More of Jesus! I have to remember to visit Angela's blog! Thanks for the link. Hugs from Minnesota! :)

ellen b. said...

Have a great trip to see your dear mom. Yes, I don't want to overthink things I have no control over anyway. Thinking about Jesus and what He has done for us is something good to fill our minds with. Have a lovely day!

M.K. said...

Happy belated birthday, dear Timmy!! He's so pretty. I hope your visit to see your mom is utterly delightful. So nice to be on the water! I agree -- we need to get our minds off earthly things and ponder heavenly things. I need that so much too, Pom Pom.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm very low energy today, and don't want to think too much about upcoming projects of my own... it even amazes me that you have some verve with which to anticipate fall tasks.

My own teaching role will be much less demanding this year. It will be very different from before, I think, and I'm thankful for the lessened stress there.

As I write, I think you are at your mom's. So, so sweet, to have her and be able to make these visits. <3

Followers