Monday, May 3, 2021

Hello May!

             Hi friends!  Look at the sweet mug Jenny gave me for Mother's Day!  (Mother's Day is this coming Sunday) I love it so much!  You can find this shop on Instagram.                                                                         

Tim is missing Jolly, but JOLLY is having a wonderful time at Lisa's!  She's posted twice about his doings.  So cute and clever!  Here are the two post links:

https://lisa-richards.blogspot.com/2021/04/jolly-postmans-wife-hunt-2021.html 

https://lisa-richards.blogspot.com/2021/05/toggling-weather.html 

Just when I think I'm no longer experiencing fatigue, I get tired and feel in great need of a nap on the sofa.  Tim is a great pal and joins me (especially if the space heater is on).  

I've been "sitting and knitting" quite a bit because my knitting arm is much improved!  One of my sweet blog friends told me that her mom had knitter's elbow, too.  I carry on anyway.

Even though we are having a very rainy day today, our cold temps have left us and the blossoms are gorgeous!  We have dug up some creeping cat mint from the front garden bed, but we haven't planted anything yet.  We'll wait for that summery garden feeling. 

Speaking of summer, Jenny and her family enjoyed a lovely trip to South Padre Island in Texas.  Isn't the ocean beautiful?  I love this photo.  Sam and Plum had a wonderful time and Plum was very sad to say good bye to the sea when they drove away.

 I'm off to make dinner.  We bought a new upright freezer and when we were waiting for it to arrive and then to get cold, some of our things thawed a bit, so to be safe we are eating them now.  Bison burgers, turkey burgers, and bacon.  That limits the choices for tonight's meal.  When I was in the hospital, I loved the food.  The way they cooked the rice with added veggies and seasonings tasted so good to my hungry self.  Do you think good cooking involves LOTS of chopping?  I think I can be a very lazy and hurried chef.  

What have you been cooking lately?

Do go to Lisa's blog and check on Jolly.  He will certainly keep a brisk pace, but he's used to that being a mail carrier and all.  

God bless you!  Thank you for stopping in!

13 comments:

Eva Wilson said...

Fantastic blog i have never ever read this type of amazing information.

Regards,
Online Dissertation Help

Kim said...

That Jolly Postman looks as if he is on the world trip of a lifetime! I hope by the time he lands at my humble abode it is springtime and I can show him all the pretty flowers. Oh, and perhaps a lass or two. Your knitting, with Timothy by your side does sound relaxing. Take care, dear Pom Pom.

Julia said...

What a lovely treasure. I love the beautiful mug and the tree shedding its heart leaves and the happy mother and daughters. Such a thoughtful gift.

I'm sad that you are still experiencing fatigue from Covid. I hope with time, your energy will return.

I'm glad Mr. Jolly has arrived at
his first destination and is enjoying his time with his new host.

Take care and enjoy some sunshine.

Hugs, Julia

Jeanie said...

Tim, knitting, naps. it all sounds good to me. You take care!

ellen b. said...

That is a sweet gift especially for a mug aficionado like you! I do hope you will recover fully soon and have more strength and stamina. Take care of yourself dear lady.

Granny Marigold said...

I assume your old freezer quit and that's why some of your frozen food thawed? If so you were very fortunate to get a replacement so quickly. I've heard of folks who've had to wait weeks for appliances.
Your Mother's Day mug is so cute.
I hope you feel 100% again soon. Take care, GM

Julie said...

That mug is just the sweetest gift ever dear Pom Pom. Its Mother's Day here in New Zealand this coming Sunday. Hello to sweet Timothy. I must go over & read about Postmans adventures. xx

Debi said...

I love your mugs! I've tried turning hubby into my sous chef to do all the chopping... most of the time it works pretty well. I had a large container of chicken broth in the freezer and I got tired of moving it around so today I thawed it, cooked a couple of chicken breasts in it, then some brown rice and then threw in some vegetable and black beans. It was pretty tasty.

gretchenjoanna said...

I am always trying to figure out ways to get myself to do the chopping... Seems like it should be easy to just chop *something* every day and put it in the fridge, then the next day it would make putting the meal together a cinch. I never get in the groove of this, though.

Elderberry-Rob said...

sorry you feel so fatigued, hope this wears off and you will get your spring back in your step. Cooking is not my thing, I make good curries and not much else! Did a paneer and spinach last week was yummy.

Lisa Richards said...

Looks like Jenny is right down the coast from my old home near Surfside Beach! I hope you'll take it easy and get your rest. Nothing can stop you from knitting, though! Happy Mother's Day to you. Jolly and I will be having more fun and the weather is getting nicer. I may have to take his picture with the giant muskie statue in our little town. :)
I've been putting together my gift for Heather and planning Jolly's next date. See ya!

Latane Barton said...

Hi, just wondering if you have tried Voltarin on that elbow? I use it for a lot of aches and pains and find it very helpful. Over the counter now, used to be prescription. Good luck

M.K. said...

We're still a bit cool here, for the time of year. It's been strange weather. I'm glad you are napping when you need it. Tim is good company! I'm waiting for Jolly here :) Now to go visit Lisa!

Followers