Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Sock for a Kangaroo and a Jolly Update

Hello friendly friends!  I'm still doodling and painting.  Here's a nun knitting a sock for a kangaroo😂.  I found the image online and copied it as best I could. 

Life has been full of family, family, family.  Thank you, God.  

 I spent my days last week at James and Noah's house because our Christie went to Chicago to help her brother's family.  We swam and gardened and played with B.T. the dog!









 
I feel so blessed to see our kids and grands.  We've seen our Fort Collins family more of late and that has been WONDERFUL!
I've been riding my bike preparing for my new 7-speed bike that comes in September.  Yesterday as I was on the "gliding" part of my short route I realized that I LOVE riding a bicycle and I am so thankful for that fun feeling.
Next time, the garden!  It gives a BIG fun feeling as well!
And, I finally laminated Jolly!  I just have to write my part of the travel story.  The books are kind of all over the place in my opinion, so I guess it's okay if my story is a bit random, too. 
I don't want The Jolly Postman to have a bulky package to travel in so I have to keep my plans flat.  See?  I haven't forgotten.  I figure it's a good time for him to travel around bringing cheer and GOOD NEWS instead of grim news. Do you agree?
Thank you for popping in!
 

18 comments:

Susie said...

So glad you can have fun times with your family. Cute kids and doggie. Family time is the best. You keep riding that bike girl. Wish I had never stopped riding mine. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Lynn said...

Lovely to read about your happy days. x

Kim said...

It's good to have some normalcy for a change, isn't it? We've been seeing family, too, and it's been wonderful! Take care!

Lisa Richards said...

It looks like a fun time with the grands!
Glad you're seeing more of your family in Ft. Collins.
I think it's a great time for Jolly to travel! I've been mailing a lot of artist trading cards during this stay-at-home time. I think it gives people something to look forward to in their mailboxes. A word from the outside world, so to speak.
God bless and hugs!

Lisa Richards said...

LOVE THE NUN AND HER SOCK! LOL!

Kim said...

How wonderful you are having lots of fun with your family and making special memories again. Your post is beaming sunshine. Your nun knitting a sock is jolly.

Granny Marigold said...

You did a great job painting the nun knitting a sock for a kangaroo.
It's so nice that you enjoy riding your bike and that you're getting a new 7 speed in the Fall. I never learned to ride bike but it always looks like fun.

happyone said...

So nice that you get to spend time with your grandkids.
Too many hills to ride a bike around here!! :)

gretchenjoanna said...

It almost seems that I can smell the summer air in your back yard -- the grass and the water play and the dog ;-)

Of course I noticed your dragonfly! My Seek app tells me it is the Common Whitetail dragonfly. I hope I might see one in person someday. Next time I go to Colorado maybe it will be dragonfly season...

I'm seeing my son's family in California in September and probably November, so I don't think I'll be back in your fair state very soon. <3

ellen b. said...

It's so good not to be isolated from family. How nice you could pitch in and help. Fun image of the nun knitting a sock for a kangaroo. I always enjoy your colorful life!

Henny Penny said...

James and Noah are growing up so fast! You make everything fun. I know those boys love having you. I absolutely agree about the Jolly Postman bringing cheer and good news. Lately, it has been hard to watch anything on TV. It might be good if we all just stopped watching TV. That would suit me fine.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Lovely to see the grandchildren, they are growing, changing and having so much fun. You have a lovely family.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

So much summer fun! That photo of the kids and the dog is just so adorable.

Farm Girl said...

I love seeing the boys with BT. I always enjoy seeing what you have been up and it looks grand to get to be with your family. Lovely pictures as always.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Bonnie K said...

You have certainly been busy.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see and read about the fun times you are enjoying with your family.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Yes, I am looking forward to Jolly's visit! A flat package sounds wise. It will be fun doing stories.
The kids look like they're having a grand time. I do miss riding my bike, which I did in Oriental for years. But here at the "farm," there is not a road near us that is safe enough -- all 2 lane highways with no shoulders and fast traffic. Glad you can enjoy that free and easy feeling!

Followers