Monday, May 4, 2020

It's MAY!

Happy May!  Look.  Hagglepuss needs a haircut, just like everyone else.  I haven't texted my hairdresser, but I'm pretty sure she's not working yet.

I so love the spring sky.  My favorite walk is away from the streets, in the open space.  


 Doesn't this look pretty?  It was super tasty but it contained too many peppers.  I think Queenie Nana Diana told me that the green ones aren't as bad as the orange and yellow ones as far as inflammation is concerned (or maybe it was the other way around), but both Bill and I were sore the next day.


 The birds are tweet tweet tweeting around the bird bath!  I must go out and fill it soon, because it seems they drink it up very quickly!
 Once the peonies start growing, they shoot right up!  We must stake them and use twine to hold them together.
 Do squirrels eat tulip bulbs?  I only have four tulip blooms.
 I love the linen pull-on pants I found at Sam's Club for 10-12 dollars.  I lean toward very cheap clothing. 😂

 Look at the bag Cadence knit!  Isn't it darling?  She is so crafty for a thirteen year old (our first grand).  She sews, knits, crochets, and journals.  (and she's reading Moby Dick with her dad!  Wow!)
 Here are my hands doing a little online church knitting.
 Here are April's hands doing the same!  She has much fancier fingernails than scruffy Pom Pom.
 By the way THANK YOU for all of your cake comments!  Confusion was definitely cleared.  I thought there were some blurry lines but it turns out that cake is frosted and fruit breads are not and are also baked and served differently, so cake means the same thing in other places as it does in the USA.  
James's birthday is in two days and my friend Kim had a birthday two days ago.  I definitely think I need a bit of cake.  If I indeed bake a cake I shall share it with you!
It might be a little one like the sponge below.
 Carry on, cheerful ones!  You are strong and all of you are good thinkers, individual and brilliant!  Yay! 
Oh, here are some random questions sprung from my funny curiosity:
How many hours does it take YOU to get hungry?  Do you eat every three hours?  Do you snack at all?  How long do you let yourself endure hunger before you have something to eat?  Just wondering! 
Thank you for stopping in, royal nice person! 


17 comments:

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hungry. All. The. Time — me Cookie Monster

Farm Girl said...

So nice to read your blog today. I love seeing all of the fun things you have been doing.
Have a lovely day!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I am due at the hairdresser tomorrow but am certain they are closed - they have a thing on Facebook 'love your roots, support your hairdresser' encouraging us not to take matters into our own hands but just wait and give them the much needed business when 'normal' returns. Your's is such a beautiful colour.

Jeanie said...

Your peonies are on a roll. Mine are on the north side of the house and get little son so they are a bit slow. Love that yarn! (I need hair help, too!)

Granny Marigold said...

I love your newsy posts. It's a bit hard to find subjects in this time of mostly staying-home.
I eat every couple of hours and if I don't I get shaky. I've never been diagnosed with anything that might cause this so I just eat often and then I feel fine. I think what I do has been described as "grazing" but that sounds a bit like what a cow would do. grin.
Have a great week, dear PomPom

Julia said...

You have taught your granddaughter well. I'm impressed with her knitting abilities. I think she is following in your footsteps.

I like to eat when I'm hungry and if left by myself, I would probably skip a meal during the day but snack at night depending how physically busy I've been during the day.

Wow, your peonies are really growing. Mine are just peeking out of the ground. Some are getting crowded near the sprawling rose bush. They might have to be moved this fall. I love your birdbath.

Have a fun week.
Hugs, Julia

happyone said...

That is one nice color bird bath!!
My birthday is this month too as well as my oldest grandson.

ellen b. said...

Thanks for the reminder that we need to stake our white Peony. It's the only one that needs it. Your walking path is very nice. How nice to have a knitting talent and to share it with others. Happy May dear POM POM!

Kit said...

Hello my friend to the south! I eat lots of little meals. I just get too uncomfortable with a regular size meal. Right now I am having an apple and triscuits. Your Peony is the same size as mine. No lilacs yet. Enjoy your cake. I am making a roast chicken for dinner. Stay safe! Kit

Elizabethd said...

Your peonies are way ahead of mine which are on;ly just showing. I wait with anticipation!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post.
Happy May Wishes.

All the best Jan

GretchenJoanna said...

It depends on what I ate last. Really, if I have mostly protein I won't get hungry for a long time - but if I eat carbs I get the nibbles so soon, almost without stopping.

Kim said...

Love all that knitting that is happening in your neck of the woods. Yes, Cadence's little bag is beautiful. Love that bright blue birdbath. I am a bit of a grazer when it comes to food. Happy month of May to you, dear Pom Pom

NanaDiana said...

LOL-I am just now getting around to visiting. The green peppers cause MORE inflammation than the yellow/orange ones. At least that is what I have found for myself..and was told by someone else with inflammation problems.

I eat when I am hungry-so could be from 4 hours to 6 hours. I don't snack a lot but if I do-it is usually a piece of toast with a slather of peanut butter...and I do have ice cream during the evening when I take an anti-inflammatory med (plus one early morning and one midway through the night).

Hanging on for the ride here. Hope you have had a really great Mother's Day. Sure do miss hanging out with my kids. xo Diana

Lisa Richards said...

I really admire Cadence's skills! I love your pretty walking trail. Online knitting sounds like fun. I lean toward cheap clothes, too. But I find they usually shrink or the arms get too short, which is also caused by shrinking. Maybe I'm just bad at washing clothes! I've been eating a bland diet to help with acid reflux. I eat every 3 hours or so. I'm hungry a lot! I look forward to being able to eat tastier food in the not-too-distant future! :) Hugs and blessings!

Fat Dormouse said...


How many hours does it take YOU to get hungry? It rather depends on what I'm doing, and what I've eaten for the meal before. If I have egg on toast for breakfast at 7.00 I'm ready for lunch at about 12.30

Do you eat every three hours? No I don't...But I could!!

Do you snack at all? I am a snacker - but if they're not there, I manage without. But if sweets or cookies or crisps are there I hoover them up. I like a biscuit with my mid morning coffee - but I certainly don't NEED it!

How long do you let yourself endure hunger before you have something to eat? It depends on the situation - if it's still an hour or two to dinner, then I may have a handful of dried fruit and nuts - or some crisps! If dinner is being prepared I'll often eat some cheese or something like that. If dinner is cooking, I won't have anything.
If I'm peckish near bedtime I'll have my favourite - a piece of toast and butter, and a glass of cold milk!

M.K. said...

I don't usually allow myself to get very hungry before I eat something. When I get hungry, I get grumpy quite fast. I just need a little nibble to tide me over until a meal comes around, to stave off the savage beast. I do think if you're dieting to lose weight, it's very important to allow yourself to get hungry before you eat your next meal. It helps the mind and body to discover how much is the right amount to eat, at each meal. Anyway ... some pretty knitting there! That bag is quite lovely. Your grandgirl is clever!

Followers