Sunday, January 26, 2020

Color Gifts

 I'm thinking of all the sweet gifts God gives.  Color for example.  Doesn't my Mosaic Bible looks pretty with my Van Gogh journal?  I do think orange and shades of orange are so warm and inviting.
Here's my junk journal that I began for Advent but am continuing into Lent and Easter.
I have many ideas for embellishments on each page.


 Atticus will turn 8 on Wednesday.  Remember him 8 years ago?  What a lamb. 
 On Tuesday Miss Bug, Birdie and Millie the Rose are coming for a few days.  YAY!  I like having sweet bees swarming around our hive home.  They appreciate dinners and popcorn and movies, shopping and art.  FUN!
 I found some Waterlogue-ed photos in my stores.  I still have the flower longings so I shall use my craving to plan the garden.  Lately I've been thinking about trees.  I might see if we can plant a flowering plum or an apple tree.  I would also like a lilac bush.

 I love this print.  Don't you?  The fairy dance and the lanterns . . . This is what fairies look like, you know.  We'll make some tiny fairy yards in some of our flower beds. 
 Well, this girl is good for all seasons because pocket hankies must be washed and ironed, you know.  I iron jeans and t-shirts, too.  I have a high pile of table linens waiting for their turn on the board.  Whenever I can't decide what to do first, I like to iron.  I have a hefty new iron and it's just perfect.  I have two or three sewing projects to finish, a top and a pair of bloomers.  Soon I'll be sewing for Alice and Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast, so I should sew for ME this week.

  
I concluded that I need a few ideas for The Jolly Postman's adventure.  Should each hostess write a story and place it in the envelopes I include in the parcel?  Should Jolly be laminated card or fabric? I think he'll travel best if he's flat.
I think he'll travel in a handmade journal that includes the pockets.  Maybe it will be sewn from a brown paper bag.  Ideas?
This day is a sweet sabbath.  I may take some tea outdoors.  I plan on having a cozy read on the sofa.  I'm going to make ground turkey and beans for supper.  
Thank you for popping by!
God be with you.  

17 comments:

Between Me and You said...

I've Googled how to make a bullet journal but it looked so complicated and terribly organised that I abandoned the idea. I wouldn't mind hints and tips on a junk journal though?Don't the babies grow so quickly? Our firstborn grand was 11 on Friday. She's such a gorgeous, caring,clever girl. My heart swells for her(and the younger grand, of course!).The Monty Don programme I told you about has some fantastic trees (and exuberantly expensive gardens)included.Hope you get to see it sometime. Thank you for the gorgeous birthday pic on my FB page. xxx

Angela said...

Please Pompom, am I too late to join the Jolly Postman tour? Email me for my Dorset address if you can fit me in... Thank you xx

Julie said...

What a beautiful photo of sweet little Atticus 8 years ago Pom Pom. How adorable! I love your watercolours. I iron too - yes its my "thinking time chore" as it doesn't really require any thought but I just iron on auto pilot & think other things as I go about it. Lots of my friends don't even own an iron! Happy Sunday dear friend xx

Granny Marigold said...

I think my Flower Fairies are hibernating because there's been no evidence of them for a while. I'm sure they'll wake up when the weather turns milder.
How lovely that your grandgirlies are coming to stay for a few days. You'll all have such fun.
Happy 8th birthday to Atticus!!

GretchenJoanna said...

I hope you do sew for yourself and post some pictures of what you made. And I'm happy about those grandchildren who will be swarming soon :-)

Jeanie said...

This post is just filled with wonderful photos and great happiness! I'm looking forward to so much more!

Farm Girl said...

I always love your pictures and your journals. You are one busy girl.
Such a nice place to visit.

GretchenJoanna said...

I forgot to say that I love those colors of orange. I never would have thought, when I was young, that I would love orange so much. I love it in the garden, and even in clothing, especially what we used to call "burnt orange." And I'm hoping some orange colors will fit into my new color scheme in my sewing room.

Lisa Richards said...

Love the waterlogue photos and your journal!
I really love your ideas for the Postman. I think a laminated cardboard version would do well in the mail. A sewn, quilted, sort of flat version would work, too. A junk journal with pockets for us to include a story would be ideal. Can you reprint pages from the book to put in it? Your ideas are so much better than anything I can come up with. You have a fertile mind!
Enjoy your sewing and ironing with Mrs. Tiggywinkle. I still hope to do some of those 100 Acts of Sewing tops...someday!
Enjoy those energetic and artistic grands!
Hugs and love from Minnesota!

M.K. said...

I like the idea of a handmade journal with pockets inside. Perhaps a pocket for each stop? He could be stiff fabric or perhaps cardstock with fabric clothes attached :) I like the idea of writing stories for him of course. I made a couple of journals last year and the covers are those felt rectangles you buy at WalMart. They look nice on the outside but aren't too thick. Sounds like it will be fun!! You are such a creative fairy, Miss Pom Pom! Sewing too these days - can't wait to see it all!

happyone said...

Kids sure grow fast!!
Yes, God does give us so may gifts!!
The water colors are pretty.

Kim said...

Oh yes, you must, must plant a pretty lilac tree. How sweet Atticus was and still is. The name Atticus always takes me back to the beautiful story, To Kill a Mockingbird. The Jolly Postman book sounds such fun. How fabulous that it will travel around for different ladies to add their special touch. I too, love beautifully ironed clothes and linen. As for the rainbow of colours God gifts us each day.....aren't we blessed.

Henny Penny said...

Wasn't Atticus a sweet baby! Happy Birthday Atticus. Your granddaughters must love spending time with you. You do such fun things.

ellen b. said...

Your littles are getting so big! What a joy to be able to enjoy them. You have lots of good ideas buzzing in your head. Pretty prints. I'm late coming around but not too late. :)

Bonnie K said...

You have kept quite busy. I can't wait to see how the jolly postman project turns out.

Unknown said...

HI karen, I missed your jolly postman post, will check back and see what its about. Love the fairy picture. I hope you find your lilac bush, you would get so many bees. Have fun with your grandchildren. Betty

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the print showing the fairy dance and the lanterns …
I can remember my Dear Gran telling me about the fairies that live in the garden, it was her way to introduce the gardens wonderful flowers to me. I remember she had a good old fashioned cottage garden … wonderful memories.
I do hope that as a Grandma I pass on some of the 'magic' to my grandchildren.
Have fun with yours … I'm sure you will :)

God bless.

All the best Jan

Followers